• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Football 2020?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bottom line with our discussions now in early April about all of this is that none of us have a clue what the coronavirus status will be when the fall arrives for football for better or worse. One thing is for sure about football . . . . . 6 feet of social distancing is not allowed in the game of football.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it may not be "up to normal", they can play as long as everyone has had the same prep time IMO. It ain't like these guys have never played before.

Besides, they just might be rested and fresh.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 weeks to get ready? There's gonna be some really weak DL/OL play with players shrinking in size in this lockdown period.. then to try and add it back on with food and weight lifting in four weeks? Should be a fun season. Rather see that than no football..

Locke888

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the season will be played. This virus will burn out because of all the attention to it.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@outofyourmind

Mike Gundy dismisses coronavirus concerns, wants players back to 'run money through the state of Oklahoma'

EVBrcWlXYAEM569

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams usually get 29 practices before their first game.

Teams get 15 days in the spring.

I could see the NCAA allowing 44 practices before the first game.

The real issue will be when will they be allowed back on campus
No way they allow that many practices.. U just asking for a Mash unit.. Maybe practices with helmets and shoulder pads only for two weeks, then two weeks of full pads. But you have break those two weeks up of full contact..

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they allow that many practices.. U just asking for a Mash unit.. Maybe practices with helmets and shoulder pads only for two weeks, then two weeks of full pads. But you have break those two weeks up of full contact..

If you read my final sentence, you will notice I wrote about when they can start. Nobody is saying 44 straight
days. They stretch 15 practices of the spring over 4 weeks time. 29 days are allowed in the fall and that is
spread out over a month. A few teams still have a couple of days with "two-a-days."

Nobody scrimmages everyday. Nobody. They hit in group drills but they do not scrimmage as a full unit
all that much.

As it is right now...teams work in shorts for the first three days of spring and the first 3 days of fall, but they're
in uniform the rest of the time.

I could see the NCAA mandating a week ( 6 days) of shorts, but no more, unless a coach wants it like that.

Every team missed the development part of their program with no spring practice. None of them will want
to take the field without that development time being made up.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read my final sentence, you will notice I wrote about when they can start. Nobody is saying 44 straight
days. They stretch 15 practices of the spring over 4 weeks time. 29 days are allowed in the fall and that is
spread out over a month. A few teams still have a couple of days with "two-a-days."

Nobody scrimmages everyday. Nobody. They hit in group drills but they do not scrimmage as a full unit
all that much.

As it is right now...teams work in shorts for the first three days of spring and the first 3 days of fall, but they're
in uniform the rest of the time.

I could see the NCAA mandating a week ( 6 days) of shorts, but no more, unless a coach wants it like that.

Every team missed the development part of their program with no spring practice. None of them will want
to take the field without that development time being made up.
Didn't realize you were talking about a spring session. I was thinking this as a training camp before trying to play the 2020 season in the fall

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate the thought, I've accepted that there will not be a 2020 college football season.

If there is no football season, I cannot see there being any season. Not even basketball. Basketball will mean
2 women's sports have to be played and that ain't gonna happen.

Football drives the bus. The schools are being eaten alive at the present time by having to refund all room and board
money. (That they have inflated over the past 10 years. Many of these schools are close to being bankrupt.

Talk about changing the face of not only college athletics but college education as well. These politicians that
brag of no student debt because of "tuition free" programs, are spinning. You still have to borrow money for
room and board and books. None of that is free and all of that has real product that must be purchased.

Tuition is the only asset with a limited cost. (Salaries) They have to buy the food that they sell food cards
for. That costs money. Plus people to maintain the dining areas...cook the food...keep the place clean...follow
sanitation and refrigeration guidelines, whatever.

There is real out-of-pocket expenses with food. Plus the dorm rooms and the text books.

This entire mess has been a wake-up call all the way around

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is no football season, I cannot see there being any season. Not even basketball. Basketball will mean
2 women's sports have to be played and that ain't gonna happen.

Football drives the bus. The schools are being eaten alive at the present time by having to refund all room and board
money. (That they have inflated over the past 10 years. Many of these schools are close to being bankrupt.

Talk about changing the face of not only college athletics but college education as well. These politicians that
brag of no student debt because of "tuition free" programs, are spinning. You still have to borrow money for
room and board and books. None of that is free and all of that has real product that must be purchased.

Tuition is the only asset with a limited cost. (Salaries) They have to buy the food that they sell food cards
for. That costs money. Plus people to maintain the dining areas...cook the food...keep the place clean...follow
sanitation and refrigeration guidelines, whatever.

There is real out-of-pocket expenses with food. Plus the dorm rooms and the text books.

This entire mess has been a wake-up call all the way around

This is honestly why I can see the season being played. Maybe with no fans present (which the schools will take on the chin at The gates) but the TV money will make things much better. Also it will save nearly every other sport at the school. Something of a domino effect allowing basketball along with the other winter sports to be played which will help fund (March Madness) the spring sports.

People like Gene Smith can have well wishes for his athletes and good intentions but even he has to see the difference in having 100,000 people together in a stadium that size and having less than 500 people together in a stadium that size.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the SEC continue to dominate in 1st round draft selections in the upcoming NFL draft?

Las Vegas has the SEC (-125) vs. the rest of America (+105) for 1st round NFL draft choices.

Who you got?

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is honestly why I can see the season being played. Maybe with no fans present (which the schools will take on the chin at The gates) but the TV money will make things much better. Also it will save nearly every other sport at the school. Something of a domino effect allowing basketball along with the other winter sports to be played which will help fund (March Madness) the spring sports.

People like Gene Smith can have well wishes for his athletes and good intentions but even he has to see the difference in having 100,000 people together in a stadium that size and having less than 500 people together in a stadium that size.
500 people is a lot of people.. That will make contact with other people outside the 500 in that stadium.