• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No deadline set for Coyotes possible move

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Christmas I heard the Coyotes franchise got gift cards for rent and taxes.

$25 each

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Coyotes’ hopes for building a $1.7 billion arena and entertainment district in Tempe are teetering on a razor’s edge. Two sources with knowledge of the situation said that the Coyotes do not currently have the votes in the Tempe City Council to approve the project and move forward.

Per those sources, there are three yes votes, two no votes and two votes that are undecided, but leaning toward no after the Coyotes’ recent failure to pay taxes and bills came to light.

“The Coyotes certainly aren’t doing themselves any favors with the negative news stories,” one source said. “I would imagine if another negative story comes up on (owner Alex) Meruelo or the organization or their business practices, it probably will die. Those stories hurt tremendously.”

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Coyotes’ hopes for building a $1.7 billion arena and entertainment district in Tempe are teetering on a razor’s edge. Two sources with knowledge of the situation said that the Coyotes do not currently have the votes in the Tempe City Council to approve the project and move forward.

Per those sources, there are three yes votes, two no votes and two votes that are undecided, but leaning toward no after the Coyotes’ recent failure to pay taxes and bills came to light.

“The Coyotes certainly aren’t doing themselves any favors with the negative news stories,” one source said. “I would imagine if another negative story comes up on (owner Alex) Meruelo or the organization or their business practices, it probably will die. Those stories hurt tremendously.”
Word is Fertitta doesn’t have the money to buy them either so Houston may not really be an option either.

I wonder if they’ve looked into the owners of the Bucks and if their new arena works. KC’s still out there but I don’t know anything about a potential owner there unless the Hunts want to get into hockey.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Fertitta doesn’t have the money to buy them either so Houston may not really be an option either.

I wonder if they’ve looked into the owners of the Bucks and if their new arena works. KC’s still out there but I don’t know anything about a potential owner there unless the Hunts want to get into hockey.
It would be classic Bettman to have him try and fix a hopeless situation for so long that every potential exit strategy dries up and they have to fold.

Is there any legit ownership group potential in Quebec?

Maybe they should have offered Fenway a "Buy one, get one half off" sale.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be classic Bettman to have him try and fix a hopeless situation for so long that every potential exit strategy dries up and they have to fold.

You gotta like that Bettman has shown the same type of patience with the Coyotes that he did with the Jets and Nordiques.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quebecor has said they wanted it in the past but I also kinda feel like if they were really serious it would’ve happened by now. Beyond them, I can’t really see it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta like that Bettman has shown the same type of patience with the Coyotes that he did with the Jets and Nordiques.
Forget them, how about how quick he was to give up on Atlanta? I don’t get the persistence here.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget them, how about how quick he was to give up on Atlanta? I don’t get the persistence here.
Yeah it was like :

Arizona will be fine
Arizona will be fine
Arizona will be fine
Arizona will be fine
Arizona will be fine
Arizona will be fine
Arizona will be fine
Fuck Atlanta
Arizona will be fine
Arizona will be fine
Arizona will be fine
Arizona will be fine
Arizona will be fine

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

Quebecor led the charge for expansion (a telecom company) a few years ago.
Beyond them, would likely need to be a consortium.

18,000 seat arena is already in place, though

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - No shortage of hubris from Chayka. It's a nothing piece that pumps his own tires.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - No shortage of hubris from Chayka. It's a nothing piece that pumps his own tires.

Starting clicking this when it came up on my feed, paused and asked myself “what do you really need to read this for?”. Exactly what I expected. Can’t understand for the life of me why someone would want to give him another role of power.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Elliotte needs to do a little more vetting of these pieces and that was certainly a clickbait title. I mean, there was no talk about working out recruits when they shouldn't have been as well as his relationship with the Coyotes owner. It's just a fluff piece about how great a job Chayka did with the Coyotes.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had forgotten that Jamison deal to buy the Coyotes lol.

This franchise should have been in Quebec years ago.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mirtle asks the obvious question - Also, there's no way Bettman would allow a Canadian franchise to operate in a 5000 seat arena.