• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Bowl Game for Will

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. Grier played has played his last game in an Old Gold and Blue uniform... he will go down as one of the best that ever played. A program changer...

On to the Jack Allison show can’t wait to see what that looks like !

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I understand his decision, I hate his decision.

Selfishly, I want to see him play one more time. Selfishly, I want to see him beat SU. To do so, would erase the last images of watching him walk off the field a two time loser. To do so, would stop the bleeding for WVU this season. Stop the bleeding in bowl games... stop the bleeding in games against SU.

SU is a talented team with a great DL. Cajuste was injured in the OU game. I was not surprised to see him choose to sit out the bowl game too. But, Jack and his rebuilt OL will have their hands full.

If we thought the last two bowl games were ugly... we may not know ugly...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can sort of get it, BUT, if you are part of a team, you owe that team........this nation has become one of the most selfish, self centered places on the face of the earth. The reason that so many "teams" do poorly is because so many of the kids are more concerned with their own stats than the team winning. Sad. I hope Allison sets records in the game, and the team votes to not let Grier participate in any way, when you make that decision, you are no longer a member of the team.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know. I get both of your comments. Candidly no one will remember who won or lost the camping bowl in 5 years or care. I truly am excited to turn the page and see the next great QB at Wv in Jack Allison. I’m in Florida that week in I wasn’t planning on going to the game but I’ve changed my mind. I want to see Jack live. Don’t worry BB. ALLISON AND YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST IS MVP OF THE GAME!

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with three weeks of practice Allison will be fine, UCF found a way to win without their star QB, no reason WVU can't. I don't think Cajust will be missed that much, never really understood the love affair for him. Hope he does great at the next level, but think he will be Not For Long in the NFL. I think Sills will play.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see Grier as an NFL starter. He has the same problem as Geno has. He can’t hold onto the ball when sacked. Small weak hands came out to haunfpt him agains Oklahoma and NFL defenses will take notice.

In 20 years, I bet he wishes he did not listen to his agent and played one last game with WVU.

While widely accepted today, I believe that skipping a bowl game is a diss to your teammates and shows that the player really does not love football.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see Grier as an NFL starter. He has the same problem as Geno has. He can’t hold onto the ball when sacked. Small weak hands came out to haunfpt him agains Oklahoma and NFL defenses will take notice.

In 20 years, I bet he wishes he did not listen to his agent and played one last game with WVU.

While widely accepted today, I believe that skipping a bowl game is a diss to your teammates and shows that the player really does not love football.

Meh... times are a changin’. If your a potential high round draft pick not playing in a NY top 6 bowl. I’d think long and hard about it

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with three weeks of practice Allison will be fine, UCF found a way to win without their star QB, no reason WVU can't. I don't think Cajust will be missed that much, never really understood the love affair for him. Hope he does great at the next level, but think he will be Not For Long in the NFL. I think Sills will play.
Yondey was the best left tackle maybe ever to play at Wv..

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh... times are a changin’. If your a potential high round draft pick not playing in a NY top 6 bowl. I’d think long and hard about it

Same story for players in the NY six. Players are skipping out on those too. I won’t be surprised when players skip out on the playoff. Why should a projected 1st rounder take that chance.

I think Kyler Murray should skip the playoff. He has a baseball contract and the Heisman. Why risk your career to play against the best DL in CFB. He earns nothing if Oklahoma wins the NC.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also wonder if the announcement was delayed for a week to small bowl tickets.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yondey was the best left tackle maybe ever to play at Wv..

Maybe so, that is debatable. But even if he was the best Left tackle at WVU it doesn't make him great. Seemed like when he went against better talent, he was getting flagged a lot for holding, yes he got way better after his first year, and I hope he does good at the next level. When he got ejected in the OK State game, I don't remember the way they reshuffled the line, it making any difference. He has been banged up and was injured in the OK game, I don't blame him one bit for sitting out the bowl. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him lasting over three years in the NFL

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure it was small hands as much as it was always swinging for the fence on every single play!! When the sack is going to occur, secure the ball and play the next down. You aren't much of a team player if you skip a bowl game, and I figure that shows NFL teams that you are not a team guy, but a selfish guy.....

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing Butler and Lattimore lose careers to injury, I have no problem at all with Will or any of the other guys that chose to prep rather than play in a chicken bowl.

Playoffs or NY6 bowl... meh may feel lil differently but not this one. Guy has nothing left to prove at this level and his LT is not gonna play either.
Go get the money and take care of that wife n little girl my man.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Will. He has a wife and kid to think about too. I hope he prepares well and kills in the combine.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same story for players in the NY six. Players are skipping out on those too. I won’t be surprised when players skip out on the playoff. Why should a projected 1st rounder take that chance.

I think Kyler Murray should skip the playoff. He has a baseball contract and the Heisman. Why risk your career to play against the best DL in CFB. He earns nothing if Oklahoma wins the NC.

End of the day..thats a great Question...but he IS in the hunt to bring a NC to his school...Will...not so much unfortunately...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so, that is debatable. But even if he was the best Left tackle at WVU it doesn't make him great. Seemed like when he went against better talent, he was getting flagged a lot for holding, yes he got way better after his first year, and I hope he does good at the next level. When he got ejected in the OK State game, I don't remember the way they reshuffled the line, it making any difference. He has been banged up and was injured in the OK game, I don't blame him one bit for sitting out the bowl. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him lasting over three years in the NFL

Ill come back to remind of this quote my friend...who thought Spain would still be playing in the NFL ...AND STARTING!

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill come back to remind of this quote my friend...who thought Spain would still be playing in the NFL ...AND STARTING!

I hope I'm WRONG.