• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No Balls has a plan

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Even with a $55 million goal, no major changes are planned for the Caperton Indoor Facility. There’s no room to extend it lengthwise, and as Lyons notes, “there aren’t too many 100-yard plays in football anyway”. Would it be nice to have a full-blown 120-yard building with a roof like a blimp hangar? Sure. But many of the other needs come first, and the current indoor facility serves its purpose. That doesn’t mean it couldn’t stand a little sprucing up, including big graphics or banners along the plain walls."

:L:L:L:L:L:L:L

Yea lets work on the cupcake a little more and neglect the football program. That'll look great if/when the Big12 breaks apart in a few years and WVU is looking for a home again.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that our basketball facilities are where we need MAJOR improvements. I know football is king, but hoops shouldn't be neglected.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So believe it or not I am in Norman Oklahoma heading a project for the next couple of months and i am right next to campus. The campus is very impressive, totally pristine, not a blade of grass out of place...all the buildings have matching red brick....and that includes the FOOTBALL STADIUM, which has this cool huge kind of old school longine style clock on the outside...very classy looking...

The practice facility's appear nicer than the Stadium! They have a new part of campus that David Boren sunk millions into which looks phenomenal...it came at the cost of his job in the end for putting OU upside down financially,,

I give Lyin' Shane credit for getting a capital plan together.there should always be a perpetual capital plan in motion...though it provides no functional value they need to reclad the stadium, maybe even in brick.... and get rid of the battleship grey...The School, State, County and City need to come together and make Morgantown as a whole the jewel of the state..

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that our basketball facilities are where we need MAJOR improvements. I know football is king, but hoops shouldn't be neglected.
I’m fine with that AFTER we do some catching up on the football side. We are too far behind in football right now to be worrying about the other programs very much at this point. IMO We need some significant upgrades and new builds in football first THEN by all meams sink a heavy dose into the other sports.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must give Shane some props here! Since he became our AD, this is the first thing he's done that I can applaud.

He acknowledged our school's standing amongst its peers in the Big 12. IMO... that is huge! As we know, there are a ton of WVU fans like DAD who echo the same mantra... 'our current HC has been given more than any previous HC.'

While the statement may be factual, the context is lacking a sense of reality.

Shane has brought a sense of reality to Mountaineer Nation.

Sadly, WVU may never enjoy being on equal ground with its conference and regional rivals. How is WVU ever going to be competitive if its always in a state of trying to catch up?

Don Nehlen enjoyed having facilities as good as any in America. Both Rich and Billy enjoyed facilities as good or better than any in the Big East.

Dana has the worst facilities in the Big 12. The worst facilities amongst regional rivals. Regional rivals are important considerations because that is who we compete against for recruits.

In the past couple of years, we've lost recruits to freakin' UK. Really? UK's investment in its facilities the past few years has been amazing!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen a bunch over the past few years. MSP got a good facelift and is gets good reviews from outsiders and the press. Things have been improving and Shane is using some cash to help out other sports. It takes a long time to catch up with the Jones in the B12 and we still have a long way to go.