• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners vs Texans

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet 36 yard pass from Garopollo to Goodwin. Nice start

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just drove by the stadium. Still a traffic jam.

They won’t get there until halftime

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD from Garopollo to Taylor

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really see the Niners as being able to stop anyone this year on defense but they will be competitive and entertaining with this offense.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No pass rush and the secondary look disjointed. That will be an issue this year a I believe we'll see very little or none of Richard Sherman this season.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Garopollo is sharp.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good rapport between Garopollo and Goodwin. Another nice reception

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Williams with some pretty poor effort on his two runs. McNichols looks decent

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garopollo hasn't missed yet. Looks sharp. This is what they are going to need as they really have no areas of strength on defense.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice run but penalty kills the drive Richburg gets called on the hold and then compounds it with an unsportsmanlike after the play What a stupid fuck.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garopollo throws it up for grabs after Richburg's stupidity and we get a pick. That's the one drawback of Garopollo; he'll throw it up for grabs hoping his receiver can make a play and sometimes he's gonna pay for that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beathard and the scrubs in now. Time to shut the thread down.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW did Grop look sharp out there. Great rapport with Goodwin and Taylor. Since the D doesn't look like it'll be able to stop many teams, Grop will get plenty of chances to throw, and for the first time in years, that could be a good thing for a Niner QB.

Pettis has a bad drop and then lets Grop's high pass bounce of BOTH hands for a pick when the Niners were entering the redzone. Looked like Pettis didn't jump high enough and stretch for the ball. Was it a coincidence that he was surrounded by 3 defenders and he might've been afraid of taking a hit at full extension?

No running game again. The Center and OGs just aren't opening any holes. Richburg got pushed into the backfield a few times. This is a BIG area of concern. Richburg has to be a BIG upgrade at center over Kilgore (since we didn't do much of anything to upgrade the OGs pots) b/c if he isn't, the FO screwed this one up badly.

No pass rush. That was just pitiful.

The coaches need to be questioning Earl Mitchell at NT. The guy was getting moved around too easy and with the improved play of DJ Jones and Sheldon Day, it might be worth seeing them get a few reps with the 1s.

Joe Williams with a broke rib. Maybe headed for IR. Same for Magnuson, who tore a hammy.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW did Grop look sharp out there. Great rapport with Goodwin and Taylor. Since the D doesn't look like it'll be able to stop many teams, Grop will get plenty of chances to throw, and for the first time in years, that could be a good thing for a Niner QB.

Pettis has a bad drop and then lets Grop's high pass bounce of BOTH hands for a pick when the Niners were entering the redzone. Looked like Pettis didn't jump high enough and stretch for the ball. Was it a coincidence that he was surrounded by 3 defenders and he might've been afraid of taking a hit at full extension?

No running game again. The Center and OGs just aren't opening any holes. Richburg got pushed into the backfield a few times. This is a BIG area of concern. Richburg has to be a BIG upgrade at center over Kilgore (since we didn't do much of anything to upgrade the OGs pots) b/c if he isn't, the FO screwed this one up badly.

The coaches need to be questioning Earl Mitchell at NT. The guy was getting moved around too easy and with the improved play of DJ Jones and Sheldon Day, it might be worth seeing them get a few reps with the 1s.

Joe Williams with a broke rib. Maybe headed for IR. Same for Magnuson, who tore a hammy.
Agree with all except the asesment of Mitchell. I thought he looked OK. But Garopollo has got to be huge. As long as he doesn't get an STD from that **** star he's dating he should be OK.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pass rush and running game are the biggest areas of concern right now. I could see Earl Micthell being supplanted by DJ Jones at some point. Petttis has had his up and downs but I think he will be ok. He is getting separation. He had another possible TD if Beathard had not overthrown the pass. It might be time to let Mullens play some number two. Beathard looks bad out there and is not showing signs of improvement. Jimmie Ward belongs on the bench. He is being paid too much for what he brings to the table

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We all knew there wouldn't be a pass rush so no surprise there. Our D will obviously give up a lot of yards via the pass. We have to hope we give up more field goals than TD's?!

The poor run game is a new concern, we'll end up in too many 3rd and longs. Garapollo is good at 3rd down, but he can't do it ALL the time.

Yeah, DJ Jones is playing well enough to start, or at least play the majority of snaps.

Garnett played well for his first game in ages. Thought the holding call on Richburg was POOR, no wonder he lashed out afterward.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass rush and running game are the biggest areas of concern right now. I could see Earl Micthell being supplanted by DJ Jones at some point. Petttis has had his up and downs but I think he will be ok. He is getting separation. He had another possible TD if Beathard had not overthrown the pass. It might be time to let Mullens play some number two. Beathard looks bad out there and is not showing signs of improvement. Jimmie Ward belongs on the bench. He is being paid too much for what he brings to the table
I think the secondary will be another are of concern hand in hand with the lack of a pass rush. I doubt we will see much, if any, of Sherman this year and the rest of the DBs are mediocre at best.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the secondary will be another are of concern hand in hand with the lack of a pass rush. I doubt we will see much, if any, of Sherman this year and the rest of the DBs are mediocre at best.

I like Witherspoon but outside of that we have a lot of young players who still have to prove themselves over the long haul. Sherman is supposed to start playing this coming preseason game but who knows what he will look like after those injuries

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yeah, IF Sherman doesn't come back well, the CB's won't look good. But they'll look way worse without a pass rush, exponentially worse.

I get that it isn't easy to obtain a top pass rusher. You certainly can't get a FA since they don't hit free agency. You can't force one in the draft either, cause then you waste a pick. We'll just have to grin and bear it one more season, and HOPE they improve a little as a unit. A little blitzing is fine, but wouldn't want to call it consistently.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, IF Sherman doesn't come back well, the CB's won't look good. But they'll look way worse without a pass rush, exponentially worse.

I get that it isn't easy to obtain a top pass rusher. You certainly can't get a FA since they don't hit free agency. You can't force one in the draft either, cause then you waste a pick. We'll just have to grin and bear it one more season, and HOPE they improve a little as a unit. A little blitzing is fine, but wouldn't want to call it consistently.
Yep. A good pass rush will always make for "better" DBs.. Remember Bill Walsh's mantra that "A good pass rush in the 4th quarter is the key to winning in the NFL".