• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Packers

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is a hard one to pick. GB's defense is bad but the 49er offense and the passing game is predicated on being able to run the ball. So I'm not sure how much the Niners will score. I believe the defense is good but ancient or rookie CBs are going to have a hard time with Rodgers. On the other hand, GB's O Line is bad and inexperienced so that may make it tougher on Rodgers.
The one thing I do believe is that; being at home, the 49ers will win. My guess is.........................

49ers - 26
Packers - 20

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a good game for Trey to get some snaps again. Give the Packers nightmares again as a 49ers QB runs for over a 100 on them.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners seem to have the Packers number. My guess is opening home game for the Niners they roll
31-21

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P
Might be a good game for Trey to get some snaps again. Give the Packers nightmares again as a 49ers QB runs for over a 100 on them.
Please no

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners seem to have the Packers number. My guess is opening home game for the Niners they roll
31-21
They do have the Packets’ number. That’s what I’m counting on

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll go with a high scoring game.

49ers 34
Packers 30

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're ever going to cook up some "real" razzle dazzle plays with Trey, this would be a good week for it. With our RB corps decimated, we'll need every edge we can get. None of that between-the-tackles stuff we saw in Detroit, but legit RPO/bootlegs that could potentially augment the run game. With our defensive backfield and RB issues, I'm guessing it's gonna be a close one...

SF 27
GB 24

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we're ever going to cook up some "real" razzle dazzle plays with Trey, this would be a good week for it. With our RB corps decimated, we'll need every edge we can get. None of that between-the-tackles stuff we saw in Detroit, but legit RPO/bootlegs that could potentially augment the run game. With our defensive backfield and RB issues, I'm guessing it's gonna be a close one...

SF 27
GB 24
Yes, give Lance game reps now cause we'll need him as the season progresses.

You can start it with running and high percentage passes in this game.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, give Lance game reps now cause we'll need him as the season progresses.

You can start it with running and high percentage passes in this game.
Agree on the running part... might even be a good look to have both Jimmy and Lance in the backfield together. But get him confident running and put the ball in a playmaker's hands. We gotta see what he can do with his feet at some point, and they need the help this week.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agree on the running part...might even be a good look to have both Jimmy and Lance in the backfield togeth er. But get him confident running and put the ball in a playmaker's hands. We gotta see what he can do with his feet at some point, and they need the help this week.
Whoa! Both Jimmy and Lance in the backfield together??? whoa............

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa! Both Jimmy and Lance in the backfield together??? whoa............
For a few plays if they get a look they like? Why not? Some form of lateral with a heavy run option wouldn't be the worst thing ever.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For a few plays if they get a look they like? Why not? Some form of lateral with a heavy run option wouldn't be the worst thing ever.
The advantage of using Lance is the threat of running PLUS his ability to throw it deep. I'd rather we have an extra TE to block for a run, or a WR who threatens to go deep. Having JG in the backfield with Lance, doesn't "threaten" anything?

The advantage of using JG is his ability to throw it quickly to the right receiver. It'll be a shorter pass but it'll gain yards. I'd rather have Dwelley or another WR in there, than Lance.

If you can describe plays where the defense has a hard time defending, i'm listening?

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The advantage of using Lance is the threat of running PLUS his ability to throw it deep. I'd rather we have an extra TE to block for a run, or a WR who threatens to go deep. Having JG in the backfield with Lance, doesn't "threaten" anything?

The advantage of using JG is his ability to throw it quickly to the right receiver. It'll be a shorter pass but it'll gain yards. I'd rather have Dwelley or another WR in there, than Lance.

If you can describe plays where the defense has a hard time defending, i'm listening?
I'm only talking about a few plays. The threat is that it's a new look. Gimmicky, for sure, but maybe they get a split second pause by the defense as they try to sort it out. A bubble screen where a TE motions out to block... ball thrown as a lateral so the "threat" of a pass is there, but the design is a run - something along those lines. I dunno... I'm not a coach and I'd be lying if I said I have a deep understanding of the x's and o's.

The heart of my comment was about generating extra yards out of our run game. Not about how to use Trey in general. They need help this game and should take rushing yards anywhere we can get them. I'm really just throwing shit against the wall... thank god I don't have to come up with the actual game plan. This ain't a hill I'm planning to die on, lol.

Last edited:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm only talking about a few plays. The threat is that it's a new look. Gimmicky, for sure, but maybe they get a split second pause by the defense as they try to sort it out. A bubble screen where a TE motions out to block... ball thrown as a lateral so the "threat" of a pass is there, but the design is a run - something along those lines. I dunno... I'm not a coach and I'd be lying if I said I have a deep understanding of the x's and o's.

The heart of my comment was about generating extra yards out of our run game. Not about how to use Trey in general. They need help this game and should take rushing yards anywhere we can get them. I'm really just throwing shit against the wall... thank god I don't have to come up with the actual game plan. This ain't a hill I'm planning to die on, lol.
Yes, i agree if they want to 'help' the run game, Lance is the guy no doubt. I'd just play him as the QB without JG in there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So hard to decide what type of game this will be due to all the injuries for both teams but I see this as a winnable game for the Niners.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers also missing their best pass rusher tonight. I'm liking this news as well. Packers fate will be left up to Rodgers, which is good because he usually chokes against the Niners.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like this news

Packers also missing their best pass rusher tonight. I'm liking this news as well. Packers fate will be left up to Rodgers, which is good because he usually chokes against the Niners.
And the Packers to be without starting CB Kevin King too. That means we'll be seeing rookie first-rounder Eric Stokes and veteran Chandon Sullivan at CB.

Considering the Pack's injuries, maybe this evens things up seeing as how the Nines will be without our best CB, top 3 RBs, 2nd best LB, etc.

For us to win this game, our DL has to play well and we'll either have to conjure a running game or shift to an effective passing game that isn't based on the play action.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Packers to be without starting CB Kevin King too. That means we'll be seeing rookie first-rounder Eric Stokes and veteran Chandon Sullivan at CB.

Considering the Pack's injuries, maybe this evens things up seeing as how the Nines will be without our best CB, top 3 RBs, 2nd best LB, etc.

For us to win this game, our DL has to play well and we'll either have to conjure a running game or shift to an effective passing game that isn't based on the play action.
Is that a good thing? he's a dumpster fire out there.