• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Cowboys

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Garopollo but it should be interesting to see how the pass rush does early in the game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Bosa and no Ford means the same old sorry 49er pass rush. That, as well as no Garopollo, makes this game unwatchable.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Bosa and no Ford means the same old sorry 49er pass rush. That, as well as no Garopollo, makes this game unwatchable.

I suspect even if those guys were playing they would be out after the 1st quarter anyway. The 1st preseason game the starters don't play all that much. There is still the battle between Mullens and Beathard and that will be the one to watch. From what I've read Mullens has been the better of the two thus far

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect even if those guys were playing they would be out after the 1st quarter anyway. The 1st preseason game the starters don't play all that much. There is still the battle between Mullens and Beathard and that will be the one to watch. From what I've read Mullens has been the better of the two thus far
Agreed. That's why I was saying watching the pass rush early in the game would be interesting but without Ford and Bosa its the same old pathetic group as last year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. That's why I was saying watching the pass rush early in the game would be interesting but without Ford and Bosa its the same old pathetic group as last year.

The first preseason games are often slop fests anyway. Teams are still getting the rust out. Even if a couple of guys look good I am not going to put much in it cause things change. Hopefully Dee Ford is back week three. I think they are just being cautious with it. Supposedly it is something that he's went through in previous training camp. I've had tendinitis in both knees from running and in upper body parts from heavy weights. It is better to just rest it and let it calm down. I've tried working through it before and it will just continue to gradually get worse to where you lose more time. He has better medical attention and people around him to treat it then I had at my disposal.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners are "hoping" Bosa will be back week 1. Even if he is, how long til his next injury?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many penalties even for the first game. Some things to like some not. This was all second framers with the exception of WR and they dropped a lot of passes.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we had a lot of injuries and this might not be the team we go with if the injured guys come back but Good God! This was awful.
QB Play - D
RB play - F
WR Play - c+ (Hurd raised this from d to C+)
O line Play - C
D Line Play - D
LB Play - C
DB play - F
Kicking - B
Coaching - F (the team was not prepared to play and extremely undisciplined)

Overall - D

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many penalties even for the first game. Some things to like some not. This was all second framers with the exception of WR and they dropped a lot of passes.
Hurd looked good. Pettis continues to disappoint and under-perform and Bourne and James drop to many balls.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers rookie Greenlaw delivers impressive preseason debut

I disagree. He was consistently sucked in by play action and having a pass dropped in over his head where he should have been in coverage. Made some nice tackles though.

This is true he did get sucked in by play action. However if you look at it in the context of a player that was a 5th round pick he has a nose for the football and mas faster than he timed in his 40. It was also his first start so I'll cut him a little slack int he getting sucked in part. It is clear he has talent enough to be molded into a good player for the defense.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true he did get sucked in by play action. However if you look at it in the context of a player that was a 5th round pick he has a nose for the football and mas faster than he timed in his 40. It was also his first start so I'll cut him a little slack int he getting sucked in part. It is clear he has talent enough to be molded into a good player for the defense.
Hope so.