• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Cardinals

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I continue to be impressed with the Niners' ability to stay competitive without any players. The entire starting D line, save Armstead, was out of the game, both starting Safeties, two of their top three Corners, their top wide receiver, their top two QBs, their top running back all were out and they were on their 4th string Center and had a guy playing Guard who never played there before yet they beat Arizona..

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have great coaches they just need healthy players.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I continue to be impressed with the Niners' ability to stay competitive without any players. The entire starting D line, save Armstead, was out of the game, both starting Safeties, two of their top three Corners, their top wide receiver, their top two QBs, their top running back all were out and they were on their 4th string Center and had a guy playing Guard who never played there before yet they beat Arizona..

I agree, they came out playing at a high level, none of that sloppy play last 3 games. Both sides played really well.

i LIKE winning every game, and certainly enjoyed this win. More so after 3 straight loses, poorly played sloppy losses.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They have great coaches they just need healthy players.

Yes, some luck with injuries next season, and we can be SB competitive in 2021. Granted we'll lose some good players to free agency, but so will other good teams. At least we'll have our 1st round pick unlike the Rams (?) and Seahawks. Last year's draft class will need to get better and contribute more, but don't see why they won't?

We can certainly compete against the NFC West, even with all these injuries.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, they came out playing at a high level, none of that sloppy play last 3 games. Both sides played really well.

i LIKE winning every game, and certainly enjoyed this win. More so after 3 straight loses, poorly played sloppy losses.
Even in the ones they lost I'm surprised they can compete with so many less than NFL caliber players on the field.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even in the ones they lost I'm surprised they can compete with so many less than NFL caliber players on the field.

Yes, a few of those losses were still close games, or somewhat close. The 'turnover games' were of course, not so close.

If i had to nit-pick this game, the O-line was the weakest unit, from Center to RT.

Beathard played much better than i expected, he hit those medium routes too.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, a few of those losses were still close games, or somewhat close. The 'turnover games' were of course, not so close.

If i had to nit-pick this game, the O-line was the weakest unit, from Center to RT.

Beathard played much better than i expected, he hit those medium routes too.
I would have to disagree there. Anytime a running back gains over 180 yards rushing, the O Line did their jobs

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would have to disagree there. Anytime a running back gains over 180 yards rushing, the O Line did their jobs

Ok, the running game did do well, and there were more runs inside than normal. We will NOT be able to run like this consistently inside, over the course of a season. Most times, even the Cardinals D-line, will play better run D inside. So the interior O-line will typically pass protect more often than in this game.

I was thinking of pass protect which being nit-picky, still wasn't consistent enough. There we times the pocket was closing in too quickly on Beathard, even when he got the pass off. The fumble was from the rush.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, the running game did do well, and there were more runs inside than normal. We will NOT be able to run like this consistently inside, over the course of a season. Most times, even the Cardinals D-line, will play better run D inside. So the interior O-line will typically pass protect more often than in this game.

I was thinking of pass protect which being nit-picky, still wasn't consistent enough. There we times the pocket was closing in too quickly on Beathard, even when he got the pass off. The fumble was from the rush.
Yes, they do have to do better in pass protection. but they have done well consistently in the run game over the last two years. Injuries have really hurt them though and McGlinchey has definitely taken a step back as a pass protector.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, they do have to do better in pass protection. but they have done well consistently in the run game over the last two years. Injuries have really hurt them though and McGlinchey has definitely taken a step back as a pass protector.

Don't think they've done well this season? Yes there were some good run games, but not nearly consistent enough this SEASON.

Last year we ran more outside than inside, whereas this season i think it was about 50%?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think they've done well this season? Yes there were some good run games, but not nearly consistent enough this SEASON.

Last year we ran more outside than inside, whereas this season i think it was about 50%?
For using their third and 4th string running backs for most of the season and their 4th string Center and guys who've never played Guard before, yes, I think they did pretty well. Add that they were missing their top two tight ends and receivers for most of the season as well as their starting Qb which gave them no passing attack and they did more than could be expected.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For using their third and 4th string running backs for most of the season and their 4th string Center and guys who've never played Guard before, yes, I think they did pretty well. Add that they were missing their top two tight ends and receivers for most of the season as well as their starting Qb which gave them no passing attack and they did more than could be expected.

I was responding to "but they have done well consistently in the run game over the last two years."

So your post is saying they DID run well the last two seasons, it doesn't imply "considering what happened with personnel"? You stated they DID run well this SEASON and i disagree.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was responding to "but they have done well consistently in the run game over the last two years."

So your post is saying they DID run well the last two seasons, it doesn't imply "considering what happened with personnel"? You stated they DID run well this SEASON and i disagree.
Wouldn’t be the first time you were wrong, and probably not the last

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of post someone makes when they know themself.........they're wrong.
Nonsense. You just happened to be wrong on this topic.