• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Bucs

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No "10:00 in the morning Pacific time" excuses this week. Game starts at 4 EDT. Niners should win easily but these are the 49ers so we'll have to wait and see. One thing for sure, win or lose, this team will give max effort.
Out on a limb, I'll say 49ers 26, Bucs 17 But I would not be surprised to see that reversed.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're superstitious and a Niners fan, you aren't looking forward to this game.....at all. 49ers/Bucs to open a season?

1986: Joe Montana's back goes out, causing him to miss half the season.

1997: Warren Sapps cheap facemask yank on Jerry Rice causes him to tear his ACL, basically ending his season (he came back against Denver but I believe he cracked his kneecap and was done for the rest of the year. Steve Young also was concussed in that game.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're superstitious and a Niners fan, you aren't looking forward to this game.....at all. 49ers/Bucs to open a season?

1997: Warren Sapps cheap facemask yank on Jerry Rice causes him to tear his ACL, basically ending his season (he came back against Denver but I believe he cracked his kneecap and was done for the rest of the year. Steve Young also was concussed in that game.

Good history. Brings back some crappy history. Rice up to that point never suffered a serious injury and I don't think he was ever the same after that. He still was a good WR, but never was flash 80 that forced teams to double team him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So they owe the Bucs a beating. But I'm leery any time the 49ers take the field. There's never been a team in history with the injury list this team has year in and year out.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
""First-round pick Nick Bosa is listed at No. 2 on the depth chart behind Ford at left defensive end""

This can't be true, can it? The 49ers cannot be that dumb to have these two playing the same position.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
""First-round pick Nick Bosa is listed at No. 2 on the depth chart behind Ford at left defensive end""

This can't be true, can it? The 49ers cannot be that dumb to have these two playing the same position.

Where did you get that? That would make zero sense. Ford is not a good run defender. He was brought in to rush the passer. Nick Bosa wasn't drafted #2 to play the run, it was because he can rush the passer and play the run.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. That makes no sense. You would want Bosa playing on the other side as a pass rusher. Neither Armstead nor Thomas are good outside rushers.
Its got to be a mistake. The only way it makes sense to have them both is when they are bookends on the line.

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm guessing its to slow roll Bosa back into things. Probably thrown completely out the window by halftime if the game is close.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks. That makes no sense. You would want Bosa playing on the other side as a pass rusher. Neither Armstead nor Thomas are good outside rushers.

Wasn't the plant to play the run on 1st and 2nd downs, then bring in Bosa? Not to imply Armstread/Thomas ican ONLY play run, nor Bosa only pass, but you guys know what i mean.

They should lean to Ford and Bosa on the ends, but they'll mix it up too. We shouldn't keep Armstead and Thomas on the bench too long.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that Bosa is expected to play on Sunday. Will he make it one game without getting re-injured?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs choosing to play with their home dark colours....any advantage we can get I guess.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't the plant to play the run on 1st and 2nd downs, then bring in Bosa? Not to imply Armstread/Thomas ican ONLY play run, nor Bosa only pass, but you guys know what i mean.

They should lean to Ford and Bosa on the ends, but they'll mix it up too. We shouldn't keep Armstead and Thomas on the bench too long.

They see Bosa as more a four down player than Dee Ford who has not been a good run defender throughout his career. Talk early this summer was about Thomas playing outside on run downs than shifting inside on obvious passing downs. I read other quotes from Saleh that stated they would mix it up and they would come up with different packages where Ford is in early downs. They do plan to rotate Dlinemen to keep them fresh so I would expect to see all throughout the game

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They see Bosa as more a four down player than Dee Ford who has not been a good run defender throughout his career. Talk early this summer was about Thomas playing outside on run downs than shifting inside on obvious passing downs. I read other quotes from Saleh that stated they would mix it up and they would come up with different packages where Ford is in early downs. They do plan to rotate Dlinemen to keep them fresh so I would expect to see all throughout the game

Yes, that is my impression too. It is too easy to read things to the extreme, like a depth chart.

Do hope Bosa can eventually play most downs but for now, take advantage of the depth. Similar (not same) as Buckner, he'll play most downs but not all. The D-line is the strength and it only makes sense to use them.