• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Bengals

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners staying in Ohio this week to remain acclimated to the east coast time zone. Good idea. Cincinnati is a very beatable team, especially without AJ Green, and if the 49ers eliminate some of the nonsense from the Tampa game, I expect they'll win.

Niners 27
Bengals 20

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle barely beat them at home. So is Seattle just not that good or is Cincy better than we thought?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle barely beat them at home. So is Seattle just not that good or is Cincy better than we thought?
Our D Line gave them fits, so if you're able to neutralize that, you should win. If Mixon is still hurt, I'm afraid we'll be too one dimensional on offense.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Better than you thought, or anyone thought. They have talent, I never doubted that, but the question was, would the new schemes be learned quick enough, were the new coordinators the right guys for the job, how many rookie head coaching mistakes would Taylor make? Looks like guys are buying. They kept strong players and released others because they didn't keep players just to fill roster depth. 3 QB's kept, 11 DL, 4 LB's. They kept their best players regardless, and building schemes around that personnel. Cincinnati played 15 defensive snaps Sunday against Seattle with no LB's on the field, but rather a 5th DL and an extra safety in a nickle package.

Our DL is easily our strength. Wilson was running for his life the entire day.

The 49ers are going to be a much improved team this year, your defense looks legit. However, we gave up 263 total yards off offense to Seattle in Seattle. They averaged 160+ yards rushing per game last year. We gave up two running plays that accounted for more than 60% of their rushing yards, and 1 was a good play by the back that got past the wave of rushers to leave him alone at the second level and rip off a 20+ yard run because we were going all out on Wilson.

Offensively, Dalton put up career numbers with over 400 yards passing, 106 QBR. We still have tons of offensive weapons without Green, although having Green would be nice. Mixon, Bernard, Boyd, Ross, Eifert. Plus a brand new offensive line that didn't have a single false start in Seattle on Opening Day. That is pretty amazing considering the crowd noise.

It should be a good, close game. I am hoping the edge goes to Cincinnati though being at home with its crowd.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D Line gave them fits, so if you're able to neutralize that, you should win. If Mixon is still hurt, I'm afraid we'll be too one dimensional on offense.

We were 1 dimensional against Seattle. Seattle played with their front 7 crowding the line to stop the run and put pressure on the QB, so Dalton threw over 50 times. It didn't hurt us in Seattle. That is what I like about Taylor, he is going to take what the defense is giving us. We will see. Should be a really good game.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were 1 dimensional against Seattle. Seattle played with their front 7 crowding the line to stop the run and put pressure on the QB, so Dalton threw over 50 times. It didn't hurt us in Seattle. That is what I like about Taylor, he is going to take what the defense is giving us. We will see. Should be a really good game.
Yeah, but we scored 3 points after his injury. We would HAVE to be one dimensional without him. The 49ers won't have to commit to the line as much without him in the lineup.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than you thought, or anyone thought. They have talent, I never doubted that, but the question was, would the new schemes be learned quick enough, were the new coordinators the right guys for the job, how many rookie head coaching mistakes would Taylor make? Looks like guys are buying. They kept strong players and released others because they didn't keep players just to fill roster depth. 3 QB's kept, 11 DL, 4 LB's. They kept their best players regardless, and building schemes around that personnel. Cincinnati played 15 defensive snaps Sunday against Seattle with no LB's on the field, but rather a 5th DL and an extra safety in a nickle package.

The 49ers are going to be a much improved team this year, your defense looks legit. However, we gave up 263 total yards off offense to Seattle in Seattle. They averaged 160+ yards rushing per game last year. We gave up two running plays that accounted for more than 60% of their rushing yards, and 1 was a good play by the back that got past the wave of rushers to leave him alone at the second level and rip off a 20+ yard run because we were going all out on Wilson.

Offensively, Dalton put up career numbers with over 400 yards passing, 106 QBR. We still have tons of offensive weapons without Green, although having Green would be nice. Mixon, Bernard, Boyd, Ross, Eifert. Plus a brand new offensive line that didn't have a single false start in Seattle on Opening Day. That is pretty amazing considering the crowd noise.

It should be a good, close game. I am hoping the edge goes to Cincinnati though being at home with its crowd.

The 49ers played a pretty conservative game plan last week. Still rust from preseason. Jimmy G is still shaking the rust of from all that time off. Timing and accuracy off. They struggled running the ball last week against Tampa's dline of Suh and the NT. They also run blitzed quite a bit. They did just enough to win. The defense is better in part because of a pass rush. Dee Ford was disruptive and Bosa was a factor also. The other difference is Witherspoon the left corner struggled last year as did most of the secondary. Witherspoon had a great game this past week as he had all camp. This will be a good test this week to see how the secondary holds up.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's not that good. Without Wilson they are a losing team.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm looking forward to this one and am hoping I didn't underestimate the Bengals, or more importantly, that the 49ers don't underestimate them.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers played a pretty conservative game plan last week. Still rust from preseason. Jimmy G is still shaking the rust of from all that time off. Timing and accuracy off. They struggled running the ball last week against Tampa's dline of Suh and the NT. They also run blitzed quite a bit. They did just enough to win. The defense is better in part because of a pass rush. Dee Ford was disruptive and Bosa was a factor also. The other difference is Witherspoon the left corner struggled last year as did most of the secondary. Witherspoon had a great game this past week as he had all camp. This will be a good test this week to see how the secondary holds up.
Did Verrett even get in the game? Didn't hear his name if he did.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnovers decide it?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

JG obviously needs a good game, a better game than at TB for sure. We also need to be able to run the ball at least decently, so if your D-line is the strength...............ugh! But we tend to run outside which places a little more onus on the outside defenders. Are the outside guys the strength, or inside linemen?

Defensively for us, just keep up the pressure on Dalton. Giving up that much yards run yards was surprising, but in the end its the pressure placed on the opposing QB.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JG obviously needs a good game, a better game than at TB for sure. We also need to be able to run the ball at least decently, so if your D-line is the strength...............ugh! But we tend to run outside which places a little more onus on the outside defenders. Are the outside guys the strength, or inside linemen?

Defensively for us, just keep up the pressure on Dalton. Giving up that much yards run yards was surprising, but in the end its the pressure placed on the opposing QB.
Our D Line will look a lot better against the run with Alexander back in there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if those 3 TD passes he had called back hadn't happened we'd be saying something different. But he did throw a lot of balls behind people. Alexander will help with the run game. They won't look so pathetic with him in thee backing up the D Line.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it typically does.

then the number of penalties must go down.
Definitely! We can't throw away three touchdowns against a good team. I have a feeling they are going to win this game though.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The entire DL is stout, mostly because they are all so damn fast and big. Now, depending on what personnel we throw out there, the outside could become weak as we do not have great tackling LB's and our CB's like to cover more than tackle. However, Anarumo had formations that featured zero LB's, 5 DL, 3 S, 3 CB. I think we featured 3 LB's like 5 times in that game against Seattle. Most the time it was 2, but 5 or so times we we went with no LB's. Pretty exotic personnel packages and blitzes. I liked what I saw.

There are opportunities with this defense though, and Seattle capitalized 100% on those times, which is what gave them the win, and of course the offenses inability to score in the red zone. We left a minimum of 12 points on the field with screwed up red zone attempts and the missed FG.

Offense has to be as good in the red zone as they were between the 20's if they are going to beat SF.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire DL is stout, mostly because they are all so damn fast and big. Now, depending on what personnel we throw out there, the outside could become weak as we do not have great tackling LB's and our CB's like to cover more than tackle. However, Anarumo had formations that featured zero LB's, 5 DL, 3 S, 3 CB. I think we featured 3 LB's like 5 times in that game against Seattle. Most the time it was 2, but 5 or so times we we went with no LB's. Pretty exotic personnel packages and blitzes. I liked what I saw.

There are opportunities with this defense though, and Seattle capitalized 100% on those times, which is what gave them the win, and of course the offenses inability to score in the red zone. We left a minimum of 12 points on the field with screwed up red zone attempts and the missed FG.

Offense has to be as good in the red zone as they were between the 20's if they are going to beat SF.
Same problem the Niners have. Can't remember the last time we made a touchdown from within the red zone.