• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niemi a FA

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SO Turco signs a 1 year deal at about 1.25 million in savings. Amazing... People can bitch all they want about the Flyers overspending on a player, but that would never happen here. If the teams were reversed, Huet would be stuck in our minors making alot of money, and the Flyers would not have lost their future goalie.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huet will still go down.. they're still so screwed up its not even funny.. they are cutting a million here and a million there in hopes that they can keep sharp and bolland, and it still might not be enough

i do agree that complaining about the flyers problem really seems silly in comparison to what hawks fans have to deal w/ this off-season

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i do agree that complaining about the flyers problem really seems silly in comparison to what hawks fans have to deal w/ this off-season

yet another penny pinching team that throws entire seasons, get a bunch of high draft picks, wins the cup, then dumps salary and starts over again. works better than fielding a good team every year, in terms of stanley cups.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even if Huet does go down, which is still possible, this is not something that has ever happened here. Rathje cost this team 12M just to sit around. Gauthier, JOnes, etc.. were all mistakes that were paid for by management's wallet, not by the fan's product.
And Niemi will still cost them 800K in cap space from bonuses last year!

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed Scott. WHile I would love a Cup here, this has to be brutal to live through as a Hawks fan. And, could you imagine if they hadn't won it all??

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep i'm with scott too.. not that the hawks are on the level of some of the other crash/burn/return (to glory) teams.. they'll still be a solid playoff team IMO, they have a good core next year (summer of '11) they'll be free of all the cap penalties and can re-load even more

but i too would rather be competitive every year so i can live and breath hockey and have it be enjoyable.. rather than doom and gloom for a decade before i can get excited again

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have no idea why they still have Huet. Makes no sense. Nobody, I mean nobody would trade for that contract, so their only option is to waive him. Lots of dough for a minor leager. They are still in Cap hell and he seems to be the only possible solution.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont feel for Hawk fans. Not after the way those people came into the Wachovia Center with and were total assholes,(LOL I am saying this as a Philadelphia sports fan :D),hitched a ride on the bandwagon to a Cup, and snagged a Cup from us. I love seeing new stuff about this Cap terrorizing them.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have no idea why they still have Huet. Makes no sense. Nobody, I mean nobody would trade for that contract, so their only option is to waive him. Lots of dough for a minor leager. They are still in Cap hell and he seems to be the only possible solution.

A friend and I had this debate yesterday, on whether huet was tradeable or not. We came to the conclusion that he is but I would cost the Hawks(atleats a draft pick or 2, maybes some top prospects) and they would have to expect to receive in return nothing that could really help them. In the end it doesn't seem worth trading Huet to further risk your future so their only option is to bury him in the minors.

I still hope Sharp become available though and the Flyers can somehow pick him up since he plays in all situations and imo has developed into an elite forward.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Isles are so far below the cap that they could fit him in and I am sure they would love the picks. They also seem to enjoy have a bunch of goalies, so maybe they would be a partner.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also agree with Scott....give me a competitive product year in and year out as opposed to the anal raping the Hawks fans are going through right now.

It didn't hurt me too too bad when the Hawks won the Cup from our boys as much as it does for the poor fans who have been hoodwinked and bamboozled by their management/ownership into buying season tickets and millions of dollars in merchandise in advance of seeing a championship caliber team defend it's title for maybe years to come.

Of course, they're still riding the high of that championship and at this point most don't probably realize the extent to which they are getting fucked.

Oh well....that's their problem.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wings have proved that you can keep a good product on the ice year in year out through good management...I prefer this to dogging it and lowering my standards to teams like the pens. There's also no guarantee that when your in the toilet you'll accumalate can't miss prospects and win a cup. Flyers will win it this year or next. :)

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wings have proved that you can keep a good product on the ice year in year out through good management...I prefer this to dogging it and lowering my standards to teams like the pens. There's also no guarantee that when your in the toilet you'll accumalate can't miss prospects and win a cup. Flyers will win it this year or next. :)

Absolutely. The expectations are high right now and they should be. I say that because the third pairing of our defense was the achilles' heel of our team throughout the entire postseason and that issue has been fixed and then some. Now we're going to have a combination of skill (defensively and offensively), experience, toughness and youth with every single pairing. If defense does win championships as they say, we have one coming our way.

I'm really looking forward to the start of the regular season. The next two months are going to be two of the longest of my life.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. The expectations are high right now and they should be. I say that because the third pairing of our defense was the achilles' heel of our team throughout the entire postseason and that issue has been fixed and then some. Now we're going to have a combination of skill (defensively and offensively), experience, toughness and youth with every single pairing. If defense does win championships as they say, we have one coming our way.

I'm really looking forward to the start of the regular season. The next two months are going to be two of the longest of my life.

I feel the same way Mav I knew they had a shot last year but would be even stronger as players like Giroux, JVR, Carle and Coburn mature. Can't wait!!!!!!