• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Young gone after this year

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says he wants to test free agency and is more than a $1.2 mill/ year player.

After being the best active player on the Lakers this year and sitting on the bench I don't blame him from wanting to get away from the worst manager of any sport ever.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have some players who can make up a very good bench......guys like Nick Young and Jordan Hill. Yet, these guys are disgruntled with D'Antoni and are looking to go elsewhere. No one can blame them.

What's frustrating is that the Lakers "brain midgets" just don't seem to get it. They have a coach who understands nothing about defense, alienates just about every player on the team, and refuses to play a game that matches the horses in the stable.

Kobe is right......rebuilding must start in the FO. Until little buss and Jeannie turn to someone who actually understands professional basketball, this team will languish. Dr. buss could not possibly be proud of how his kids have brought this team to the lowest depths. It's hard to be optimistic right now.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they let Nick Young walk and Jordon Hill too, they might as well ship Kobe out the door, followed by Gasol, and retire Nash. But short buss will think of something stupid like he already has with retaining Don'tknowi. Next year is beginning to look alot like this year. That means Kevin Love will want no part of this disaster.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calm down. Of course these guys are going to test free agency. Why shouldn't they? Several of these guys have made themselves some money with the improvement that they have shown this season and most them were on 1 year deals or, like Nick Young, have player options.

Some of them will be back, some of them won't. It's the way the business works. It will come down to how much the Lakers are willing to pay to keep them vs. how much other teams will offer.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There must be a reason why Nick Young can never stay on a team. If he leaves LA, his new team would be his 5th team in his last 4 seasons

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't care if he left. He has yet to show me he's anything other than a knucklehead. He can score, but he's a knucklehead nonetheless. I said it earlier in the season that he'd test FA. He's been wanting a long term deal for the last couple of years but no team would invest in him (cuz he's a knucklehead). And if he wants anything over 5 mil per season, I'm letting him walk. You can replicate what he brings with cheaper guys.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Swaggy does sign somewhere else, we have plenty of guards on the roster to take his spot.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Swaggy does sign somewhere else, we have plenty of guards on the roster to take his spot.

His value is he can play guard or SF whereas guys like Meeks and Bazemore are more 2 guard. How about we replace Swaggy with Andrew Wiggins? :D

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That very well could happen and Exum will join us next year hopefully with KLove.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers are smart they'd do pretty much everything they can do to keep him longer. $1.2m is less than he deserves.

With a bit of luck we can sign him for $4-5m per.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers are smart they'd do pretty much everything they can do to keep him longer. $1.2m is less than he deserves.

With a bit of luck we can sign him for $4-5m per.

I say a 3 year deal at 5 mil per year is good IMO.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see what these kind of players will be getting under the new CBA. They won't be getting what they used to. I think there will be a lot more mid-7 figure salaries, so something like $5m per for Young sounds about right.

The Lakers have several good role players on this roster, just no stars to lead them. I think Young is well-suited for that instant offense sixth man role on a title contender. A Vinnie Johnson type role. I doubt he wants to leave the Lakers, so he might be willing to again take less than market value, although not quite the discount he took last summer.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SWAGGY P!

InnocentOddballBeaver.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see what these kind of players will be getting under the new CBA. They won't be getting what they used to. I think there will be a lot more mid-7 figure salaries, so something like $5m per for Young sounds about right.

The Lakers have several good role players on this roster, just no stars to lead them. I think Young is well-suited for that instant offense sixth man role on a title contender. A Vinnie Johnson type role. I doubt he wants to leave the Lakers, so he might be willing to again take less than market value, although not quite the discount he took last summer.

That bolded part tells the true story for this team (aside from the injuries), imo. Star players are "run stoppers" and "run igniters". They are the one's who keep 6-0 and 8-2 runs from turning into 12-0 and 15-2 runs because they can score from anywhere on the floor or get to the free throw line. How many times this year, have we seen those 6-0 runs turn into 15-2 (or worse) runs that basically put the game all but out of reach?

Star players are also the one's who typically have their fingerprints all over game deciding runs in their teams favor as well.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens in free agency. I agree that most of these guys have made themselves some money this off season, but it's unlikely to be what they would have gotten under the old cba. That could be very good for the Lakers who are trying to save cap space for a top tier FA.

Last edited by a moderator: