• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Foles / Carson Wentz

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give Foles a world of credit ... this team looks like a different team with him at the helm. That wasn't the case when he started the first couple of games this season, but there's something about him coming off the bench in a savior role ... the dude thrives in that environment.

As for Wentz ... I'd like to think a lot of his problem this year was due to coming back from injury too soon. He fell in love with throwing to Ertz as a "safe" play and began to ignore other options. I'm not exactly sure why, but he also held the ball too long all year instead of throwing people open. In last night's game Foles was getting rid of the ball quickly and it opened things up for the Offense to do more and block better.

Playoffs still remain a longshot ... but this team began to "believe" last night and confidence can take you far if we can find a way to get in.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said. Wentz just came back too early. He also placed too much pressure on himself to get back to the playoffs

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, well said....especially on Foles in the savior role. While last night was just one game it was the third time he has come off the bench for this team and done well. Two other times he has started a season for this team, and it wasn’t nearly as good.

There will be a lot to unpack on this season, when it is finally done, as to all that went wrong. Wentz coming back too soon (or whatever that was) can’t be the thing that sunk this season, but it was clearly a thing.

File it away for being way too early to say....but if this team sneaks in and makes any noise to finish the year there will be a monsterous decision on what to do with Foles. I don’t believe anyone has plans to pay that cap number for Foles next year. No....I’m not saying Foles should start over Wentz....but it will be something to debate to have such a backup in place again. One game, I know, thinking way too far ahead.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the hell was this team all year?
I've felt Wentz looks hurried all year. Like he was trying to force the game rather than letting it come to him. I agree he'd made ertz his crutch.
The offense seemed to lack any rhythm thruout the year but had lots of it last night. Foles looks relaxed, as opposed to the beginning of the year, throwing the deep ball, which Wentz seemed to have abandoned.
Hopefully 2017 wentz returns next year. We need that Wentz.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, try to keep Foles with a good offer. He may want to stay here, rather than sign with a losing team with a high offer too good to refuse. He is a great backup. He didn't look good at the beginning of the season. We need Wentz to get 100% healthy, and if/when he gets hurt, in comes Nick. Long term, Wentz is still the future.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion all of this falls on the coaching staff. While I am happy about yesterdays win I am not sold on this teams playoff chances. Jared Goff does not play like the second coming of Mark Sanchez we do not win this game.

Nick Foles played well but he also had the benefit of some luck. His biggest plays were ducks but that was not on him. IIRC on his 2 longest completions he took shots and could not finish the throws but having a tall possession receiver like Alshon paid off. Again not on him but a sign of the holes the offensive line has and the amount of pressure any QB on this team will face. Foles also benefited from a game plan that was never put in play for Wentz and for the life of me I will never understand it. We were run first yesterday. That deep pass where both Agholor and Jeffries were both wide open were off of play action passes and the safeties just stood there and let them run by them. We called minimal play action passes yesterday unlike in previous game it seemed like we called play action passes 75% of the time and it was pointed on in the pre-game that no team bit on it. We ran the ball well yesterday and it worked. That is how it is supposed to be.

I think Nick Foles is fools gold to be honest. I believe that Carson Wentz is clearly the better QB. There was a reason the coaching staff panicked and rushed Wentz back this season. He was not even remotely close to being ready and most of us said that.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tricky situation in that Foles coming back to Philly is a two way option at 20 Mil. Barring Foles taking us into the playoffs, it's unlikely the team picks up that 20 mil option which would make Foles an UFA. In essence it's like cutting him and asking him to come back for much less. Even if he does help us get into the postseason, we can't afford 20 mil with our cap issues. This is Foles' swan song with the Eagles one way or another. If he hits free agency there will be some team to offer him starter money which the Eagles won't match with Wentz around.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give Foles a world of credit ... this team looks like a different team with him at the helm. That wasn't the case when he started the first couple of games this season, but there's something about him coming off the bench in a savior role ... the dude thrives in that environment.

As for Wentz ... I'd like to think a lot of his problem this year was due to coming back from injury too soon. He fell in love with throwing to Ertz as a "safe" play and began to ignore other options. I'm not exactly sure why, but he also held the ball too long all year instead of throwing people open. In last night's game Foles was getting rid of the ball quickly and it opened things up for the Offense to do more and block better.

Playoffs still remain a longshot ... but this team began to "believe" last night and confidence can take you far if we can find a way to get in.
Eagles and Foles are going to the playoffs. Book it!!!!

I like Wentz but he reminds me a bit of Cunningham. Great mobility, great talent, but fragile.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever they do with Foles, it would probably be smart for them to have some sort of a decent back up QB until Wentz can show he can play full seasons ....

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But we already knew that Carson Wentz held onto the ball too long at times.

This thing is going to get it's own legs and run off. The debate over Wentz and Foles is beyond stupid to be honest.

Carson Wentz had a torn ACL/LCL that he still has not fully recovered from as well as a back injury that he has been dealing with for some time. So with that said he was still the 7th rated QB in the NFL. 12th in pass yards (used yards per game to come up with that). He is 4th in completion percentage. He is 10th in TD passes. His YPA at 7.67 is respectable and has him 13th. He is 10th in QBR. I find that stat useless but put it there for those that think it matters.

Those are really good numbers and just about any team in the NFL would want a QB that puts up those numbers. This is with a QB that was clearly not 100%.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something to consider; Pederson seems to game plan and manage the game better with Foles behind center. Hard to deny the results which include a SB win.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the big question now is; is wentz worth the money moving forward? part of what made him great last year was his ability to move around and scramble. it's either gone, or he's scared.

recovery or not, he did not look like a top $$ QB this season at all. there are serious problems looming if he comes out next year looking like this.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tricky situation in that Foles coming back to Philly is a two way option at 20 Mil. Barring Foles taking us into the playoffs, it's unlikely the team picks up that 20 mil option which would make Foles an UFA. In essence it's like cutting him and asking him to come back for much less. Even if he does help us get into the postseason, we can't afford 20 mil with our cap issues. This is Foles' swan song with the Eagles one way or another. If he hits free agency there will be some team to offer him starter money which the Eagles won't match with Wentz around.

Yeah....swan song indeed. I was not sure how the mechanics of that option would work. There is just no way they pay $20M for a backup with the cap situation and roster needs. They will throw faith in Sudfeld as a backup (even though he is not getting real game reps these next few weeks).

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the big question now is; is wentz worth the money moving forward? part of what made him great last year was his ability to move around and scramble. it's either gone, or he's scared.

recovery or not, he did not look like a top $$ QB this season at all. there are serious problems looming if he comes out next year looking like this.

I have to disagree with this and the numbers show different as well. With that said. He was not healthy this year and it played with his confidence as well as throwing mechanics. I doubt you will find 10 teams that would not take Wentz over the QB they have on their roster now. I personally think the number is 5 -7 If that.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree with this and the numbers show different as well. With that said. He was not healthy this year and it played with his confidence as well as throwing mechanics. I doubt you will find 10 teams that would not take Wentz over the QB they have on their roster now. I personally think the number is 5 -7 If that.

it's not about that though. it's about how much money he's going to command and whether you're 100% sure he's the guy moving forward.

his numbers as a whole have been very good.. but there are a lot of negatives. sacks, fumbles, poor & inconsistent throws, lack of a deep ball and bad decision making at times. he's also playing in a heavy pass attack system, which is part of the reason why foles is able to perform so well.

i love wentz, but if he cannot move like he did prior to the injury.. i'm not so sure i want him at a ridiculous deal.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not about that though. it's about how much money he's going to command and whether you're 100% sure he's the guy moving forward.

his numbers as a whole have been very good.. but there are a lot of negatives. sacks, fumbles, poor & inconsistent throws, lack of a deep ball and bad decision making at times. he's also playing in a heavy pass attack system, which is part of the reason why foles is able to perform so well.

i love wentz, but if he cannot move like he did prior to the injury.. i'm not so sure i want him at a ridiculous deal.

I see your point but think about this. With all the complaints that people have about him he is still better than most of the QB's in the NFL. The issues here is health and I think it all ties to his ACL/LCL injury. That kind of injury takes more than a year to fully recover from. He was rushed back ironically because of the play of Nick Foles.

Free agency is not going to supply a franchise QB. The only way to truly get one is through a trade or draft.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do not think Carson Wentz is a FA this year. Why not pay St Nick the $ 20Mil next year, keep Carson at what his contract calls for, see how it all plays out. If Foles takes us to the PO, and makes a good run, possibly a SB run, how do you let him go?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point but think about this. With all the complaints that people have about him he is still better than most of the QB's in the NFL. The issues here is health and I think it all ties to his ACL/LCL injury. That kind of injury takes more than a year to fully recover from. He was rushed back ironically because of the play of Nick Foles.

Free agency is not going to supply a franchise QB. The only way to truly get one is through a trade or draft.

i definitely agree he's better than most of the QB's in the league. just taking him straight up in that conversation, he'd be near the top.

but, money is king. the way this offense is built.. i'm not sold yet we should be breaking the bank when he's due. i'm not surprised nick foles has done well and i'd expect the same results from a guy like cousins, alex smith, etc. wentz to us isn't what someone like watson is to the texans.

we can't just get a better QB, but we definitely could find one who would fit the system and we could win with at a much cheaper cost than wentz will eventually command. it's an interesting situation.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz lacked poise all year. Easy to blame the injury. Wentz has looked incredibly poised before, but this year he just didn't have it.

Foles is so poised out there. Zero panic. Just completion after 3rd down completion. He was pissed they didn't go for it on the 4th dish, but at the same time at peace with getting them the next time.

Nick is incredible, so calm. We can win any game this defense keeps us in with him back there. Whole team believes it.