• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nice to see Rogers & Brooks not mail it in

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Both got huge paydays in the offseason, but they both looked just as motivated yesterday. Brooks was great, especially in the 2nd half (that off sides penalty notwithstanding). I hope they keep it up.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both got huge paydays in the offseason, but they both looked just as motivated yesterday. Brooks was great, especially in the 2nd half (that off sides penalty notwithstanding). I hope they keep it up.

I think we have something rather special going on here NS.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah i was a little worried about these guys. especially rogers. he's getting up there in age a little bit and last yr i thought could possibly be a fluke. he had a nice game yesterday though. hopefully it keeps up

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The personalities on the defense wouldn't even allow them to slack. With Smith and Willis you have two strong leaders, and I know at least Smith is big on pushing his teammates. You can see how leadership among the players is really essential to maximizing the talent around.

We were talking about this recently with respect to the Dodgers, who picked up some talented but flaky players in Hanley Ramirez and Beckett.....and they don't have guys in the clubhouse that will demand performance from guys like that. If you have the leadership, you don't have to be as wary about who you pick up, or in the Niners' case who you cut big checks.