• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nice little Q&A with #66....

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before this season, only four players in NHL history have worn No. 66.

Former Philadelphia Flyers left winger Yanick Dupre, former Washington Capitals center Milan Novy, former Vancouver Canucks left winger Gino Odjick and Mario Lemieux.

and now....Calgary Flame T.J. Brodie.....

How did you get No. 66? I got it two years ago when I showed up (for training) camp, and it stuck. It's just easier for the training staff to keep it for now.

Were you ever a fan of Lemieux? Definitely. I always watched Don Cherry "Rock'em Sock'em" (videos). They had a bunch of his goals. He beat Ray Bourque one time and split the (defense) once. And I remember the comeback and when he won the gold medal for Canada (at the 2002 Olympics).

You realize some Penguins fans aren't crazy about this? I understand. He's a great player, and I have total respect for him. It's not any disrespect. If I get a chance to change it, I will.

What about the Facebook group dedicated to forcing you to change the number? It's pretty funny, but at the same time I can't worry about it.

You wore No. 22 with Barrie of the Ontario Junior Hockey League last season. Does that number mean anything to you? I really never had a favorite number. Of the three that were available at Barrie, that's the one I took.

If you're still on the NHL roster and still wearing No. 66 when the Flames visit Pittsburgh Nov. 27, do you expect to be booed? Oh yeah, definitely. Some fans won't be happy with it, but that comes with the territory.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, there has been considerable discussion (including a poll) at the Calgarypuck web site on whether or not Brodie should change his number. Of course, if Cory Sarich gets traded, maybe Brodie loses a "6" and this is a moot issue.