• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Kraken Jokes in Seattle

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barzal ... who will be claimed in the expansion draft alledgedly ... wins the cup for seattle lol

/I guess thats former Tri Cities pxp guy Ian Furness audition tape for the seattle gig

Nerd alert!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever it's worth I absolutely get not liking the Key Arena plan. It's a shitty location, even shittier not knowing if that Western Ave exit is gonna be a thing with the tunnel and no viaduct in the future. I just want a hockey team, if this is gonna be the option that makes it happen so be it.

Also, I wouldn't mind them playing in Tacoma either. Really don't see it though, no way they'll debut the new NHL team in that dump (Tacoma dome).

Which I guess is my thing. I want hockey to succeed but just know there are bunch of people like me in the South Sound that can't get to or from there in a decent time.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just name them the "Seattle Amazon Primes." and call it a day.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just name them the "Seattle Amazon Primes." and call it a day.

They we're talking on the radio, since Vancouver is automatically our rival why not troll them from the get go and call the team the Seattle Grizzlies. Not sure if they actually cared about their basketball team but it's a good way to start a rivalry with our drunken friends from the north.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They we're talking on the radio, since Vancouver is automatically our rival why not troll them from the get go and call the team the Seattle Grizzlies. Not sure if they actually cared about their basketball team but it's a good way to start a rivalry with our drunken friends from the north.

Grizzlies, awww that's loser talk!

How about we name ourselves the Sharks.... no the WALKING SHARKS. No no, the MACHINE GUN WALKING SHARKS...

heh heh heh...

Homer-Pretending-to-Chew.gif

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grizzlies, awww that's loser talk!

How about we name ourselves the Sharks.... no the WALKING SHARKS. No no, the MACHINE GUN WALKING SHARKS...

heh heh heh...

Homer-Pretending-to-Chew.gif

Not sure folks in Seattle would go with a team that is the Great Whites.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sockeyes/Steelheads also cool. None of the other names make sense. Local news has an unofficial poll going, of course Kraken is winning... :L

Don't know how to do links nor do I care but the Governor was doing an interview and said the team name is the Totems. Well his words were can't wait to take (his dumbass lightrail) to watch the rivalry between the Totems and Canucks.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how to do links nor do I care but the Governor was doing an interview and said the team name is the Totems. Well his words were can't wait to take (his dumbass lightrail) to watch the rivalry between the Totems and Canucks.

Yeah, I heard that clip today. He was talking about his dumbass high speed train, not the dumbass light rail (the mistake in waiting to follow the light rail mess).

Hope it’s for real as far as the name goes, the way he said it it sounded like he was just picking the name that came to mind though.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I heard that clip today. He was talking about his dumbass high speed train, not the dumbass light rail (the mistake in waiting to follow the light rail mess).

Hope it’s for real as far as the name goes, the way he said it it sounded like he was just picking the name that came to mind though.

My bad I correlate the two.

I hope it is too, I don't mind the name and beats a ton of the other ones. I don't know if it was wishful thinking but he seemed (to me anyway) to be sincere. Can't really just say you are in a rivalry with Vancouver with the wrong team name and technically Seattle still doesn't have a NHL franchise. Oh well whatever, Totems is 10X better and already has a logo I like as opposed to essentially every other one besides the Chinook.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing not torn down and built from the ground up was the structure of the south side stands. I don't know the difference between rebuilding an arena vs a big outdoor stadium, but it definitely seems doable, then factor in the money the contractors are sure to lose out on if they don't meet their deadlines. Stuff can always happen and I guess there's no way to 100% guarantee a massive project like that will go as planned, but it just doesn't seem that far fetched to me.

But to get back to your question, I tried finding seating capacity for the Tacoma dome's hockey set up, it was a lazy search, but couldn't find anything since it doesn't currently host a hockey team. Did say it holds almost 21k for indoor soccer, guessing it'd be a similar setup. I don't know the NHL's capacity requirement either. Shockingly, thinking back, I never went to a hockey game there. But they had that minor league team, or semi pro team, or whatever they were play there in the late 90s in addition to the WHL team. It's the only indoor stadium in the area that seems like it could come close to working if it absolutely had to.

I'm just going off memory here, but I seem to recall the Tacoma Dome holding around 15,000 for hockey when the Tacoma Rockets played there before they moved to Kelowna.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not a fan of renovating Key Arena, but obviously that's what the city politicians want to do. As a hockey fan on Vancouver Island, it's a short jaunt down to Seattle to watch a game, so in the words of Larry the Cable Guy, get 'er done.

I'm at the point where I just want to see a building get done because I want Seattle to get a team, but I'm with everyone else, the SoDo arena would be so much better and the Seattle City council pushing the Key Arena renovation is a huge disappointment.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at the point where I just want to see a building get done because I want Seattle to get a team, but I'm with everyone else, the SoDo arena would be so much better and the Seattle City council pushing the Key Arena renovation is a huge disappointment.

I think this is the main issue. I don't know a single person who doesn't want the NHL and was stoked as hell when Hansen agreed to build his arena for NHL first. But I also don't know a single person who put money down that will attend a game on a week night. But I am bias because I despise Leiweke's car salemans attitude towards every single person outside of politicians.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEATTLE — The investment group hoping to bring an expansion NHL franchise to Seattle for the 2020 season has announced a new set of local investors including Seattle Sounders majority owner Adrian Hanauer and members of the Ackerley family that previously owned the Seattle SuperSonics.

Seattle Hockey Partners, the group looking to secure the franchise, also announced Wednesday that it will make a presentation before the executive committee of the NHL Board of Governors on Oct. 2.

Hanauer is perhaps the most notable addition to the ownership group, but adding Ted and Christopher Ackerley is a nod to the history of professional sports in Seattle. The Ackerley family owned the NBA’s Sonics from 1983 to 2001 before selling the franchise.

The city of Seattle and sports facilities company Oak View Group also announced several agreements Wednesday on the proposed renovation of KeyArena, the former home of the Sonics that would serve as the future home for an NHL team.

The agreements, including one on a long-term lease, will be forwarded to the City Council and must be approved before the planned $700 million reconstruction of the arena can begin.

The final event at the current KeyArena is scheduled to be an NBA exhibition game on Oct. 5.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking Seattle's a when not if right now. I expect an early 2019 announcement with the team begininng play in 2020.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking Seattle's a when not if right now. I expect an early 2019 announcement with the team begininng play in 2020.

This is the thing I will never understand. 2020 is when everyone says but I can guarantee this remodel of the Key Arena will not be done by 2020. Amazon has how ever many more times the money Seattle Partners does and they can't get condo's or HQ's built in 2 years in much easier areas to build than the tiny area of Seattle Center the Key sits on.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the thing I will never understand. 2020 is when everyone says but I can guarantee this remodel of the Key Arena will not be done by 2020. Amazon has how ever many more times the money Seattle Partners does and they can't get condo's or HQ's built in 2 years in much easier areas to build than the tiny area of Seattle Center the Key sits on.
Also, the NHL will 100% be in a lockout in 2020.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the NHL will 100% be in a lockout in 2020.

Well that will give them more time to finish remodel (even though they say it's going to be "new).

But like I've written several times in this thread I have a horrible feeling that the NHL is going to be poorly representing where they are building it once it does open up unless it's a weekend game and even then it is going to be tough unless the game is all sold out by Amazon and Expedia employees.