• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 1-29-15

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday's Games:
Boston at NY Islanders
Montreal at NY Rangers
Winnipeg at Philadelphia
Arizona at Toronto
Dallas at Ottawa
Detroit at Tampa Bay
Columbus at Florida
Nashville at St. Louis
Minnesota at Calgary
Buffalo at Edmonton
Anaheim at San Jose

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday's Games:
Boston at NY Islanders
Montreal at NY Rangers
Winnipeg at Philadelphia
Arizona at Toronto
Dallas at Ottawa
Detroit at Tampa Bay
Columbus at Florida
Nashville at St. Louis
Minnesota at Calgary
Buffalo at Edmonton
Anaheim at San Jose

Game of the night right there. Though obviously if the Sabres want to ever break this losing streak, tonight is their best chance.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game of the night right there. Though obviously if the Sabres want to ever break this losing streak, tonight is their best chance.

Ref will drop the puck for the opening face-off followed by 60 minutes of intense staring at the vulcanized disc by both teams.

:D

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ref will drop the puck for the opening face-off followed by 60 minutes of intense staring at the vulcanized disc by both teams.

:D

Over/Under on number of jerseys thrown on the ice tonight?

Or are there no more jerseys to be thrown?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over/Under on number of jerseys thrown on the ice tonight?

Or are there no more jerseys to be thrown?

I don't know, the Edmonton Police are issuing fines for jersey tossing now, that's a pretty expensive night when you lose a $200+ jersey plus are dinged another $172 or so by the cops. That's on top of tickets plus parking etc. for the game.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks like a trap game tonight (and not only because the Wild are the opposition). With the Oilers coming to town on Saturday, it would be easy to overlook Minnesota.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know how some coaches bring the Cup in to motivate their teams before big games? Wonder if either team is walking McDavid through the room tonight...

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know how some coaches bring the Cup in to motivate their teams before big games? Wonder if either team is walking McDavid through the room tonight...

If you've seen any of the Sabres' last 12 games, you'd think they had a cardboard cutout of him with removable clothes like in Major League.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we could have a repeat of the West Germany - Austria 1982 World Cup match tonight at Rexall Place?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the season right here. Wild win, they are still alive(not much but alive none the less). Lose and it's stick a fork in em time.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it SOLD OUT??

I expect Johnson to get the start tonight against the Bruins. I'm not sure how much confidence the Isles have playing in front of him. I just hope he plays well enough to give them a chance to win.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the season right here. Wild win, they are still alive(not much but alive none the less). Lose and it's stick a fork in em time.

That's the Jackets situation every single game from here on out. No pressure.

So, Jeremy Morin went to the hospital during the third period of the game against the Caps. He has been diagnosed with a heart condition and is on IR indefinitely. Pretty soon they are going have to start sacrificing goats in the locker room.

Hope Morin gets well soon. He's only 23.

Anisimov is back in tonight, and Jared Boll stays in. And I understand Shawn Thornton is back in for the Pans. So congrats Florida on the PP goals.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it SOLD OUT??

I expect Johnson to get the start tonight against the Bruins. I'm not sure how much confidence the Isles have playing in front of him. I just hope he plays well enough to give them a chance to win.

Haha, it probably is. Officially at least. Since I think with the way the league measures attendance the Oilers have sold out every game so far.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess there will be a few empty seats in Rexall Place tonight though.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, Jeremy Morin went to the hospital during the third period of the game against the Caps. He has been diagnosed with a heart condition and is on IR indefinitely. Pretty soon they are going have to start sacrificing goats in the locker room.

Anisimov is back in tonight, and Jared Boll stays in. And I understand Shawn Thornton is back in for the Pans. So congrats Florida on the PP goals.

Panthers scored a trifecta the other night and still lost so there's hope

Cats need to play smarter defense - the energy was there last game unlike the previous four losses, so if they show up defensively, they SHOULD win

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup Wild pretty much need a 6 game or more winning streak regardless of opponents but they cannot drop games to the ones they are chasing.

Flames are 7 up with a game in hand. Taking the first road meeting would be huge.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it SOLD OUT??

Halak in goal.

Winnipegger

Detroit Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Jets Go!
(I'm new to these boards, old CBS user) How is the hockey talk on here? the Jets thread is dead but everyone in WPG uses hfboards.
I wouldn't mind talking hockey with some Americans from time to time though!