• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL's DEATH

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again a sports league has to continue to change everything we love to get a few extra $$ while destroying there product. Below is an article about Goodell wanting to add two more playoff teams. Because having a 7-9 team winning a division title didn't anger anyone. First was NCAA adding more teams into the tournament, than baseball adding two more playoff teams and now this. And of course the NFL will continue to push to get a team in London. Just stop on London and STOP ON MORE PLAYOFF TEAMS.

Expanded playoffs possible for 2015, Roger Goodell says - ESPN

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again a sports league has to continue to change everything we love to get a few extra $$ while destroying there product. Below is an article about Goodell wanting to add two more playoff teams. Because having a 7-9 team winning a division title didn't anger anyone. First was NCAA adding more teams into the tournament, than baseball adding two more playoff teams and now this. And of course the NFL will continue to push to get a team in London. Just stop on London and STOP ON MORE PLAYOFF TEAMS.

Expanded playoffs possible for 2015, Roger Goodell says - ESPN

:agree:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, it is a better option than making an 18 game season.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will ultimately kill the NFL is the players and the player's union. I am not anti-union, but the settlement on the concussion stuff and now a couple news stories on the research will kill the game, from the NFL on down to peewee. Lawyers are licking their chops right now with all the ex-college football players wanting a piece of the pie. People think Goodell is responsible for the taming down of the hits, but it is the players and that is such a shame. They are being paid millions to take hits in a violent sport that they choose to participate in.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just think of the out rage that will happen when a 7-9 team win the SB because of this. No, i like the way it is now, i don't want the NFL to have bad/losing teams consistently in the playoffs like the NBA does.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is ZERO chance that an expansion to the playoffs would let in more 7-9 teams into the playoffs. In fact, by pure percentage of playoff teams, there would actually be less 7-9 teams...

That being said, I think the playoff system, as it stands now, is damn near perfect and shouldn't be changed at all

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, it is a better option than making an 18 game season.

True... I would take playoff expansion over extending the season to 18... 16 games is enough to prove who belongs in the playoffs...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just think of the out rage that will happen when a 7-9 team win the SB because of this. No, i like the way it is now, i don't want the NFL to have bad/losing teams consistently in the playoffs like the NBA does.

Yeah but listen to what your saying... You don't want a 7-9 team winning the Super-bowl... Dude if a 7-9 team wins the Superbowl then I guess they were the best when it counted most.. Look at what the Giants did limping into the Post season to win every playoff road game and then win it all... It happens because that 7-9 team could a had key injuries during the season and that's why there 7-9 BUT they get there guy's back at the right time.... Hey man that's sports it happens..

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry too much about playoff expansion leading to more 7-9 teams getting in. There's a reason it has only happened once. If another 7-9 team does get in, it will likely require the same circumstances under which the Seahawks made it. If anything, expanding the playoff field would allow more 10-win teams in a particularly deep conference to get in as a wildcard.

Every year we hear about teams that are on the outside looking in that people feel were "more worthy" of a playoff spot than one or more of the teams that actually made the playoffs. Those teams are generally winners of 10 or more games, but just had the misfortune of playing in a particularly deep division or conference. When the Seahawks made it in at 7-9 a few years ago, there were two teams in the NFC with 10 wins each who many people thought deserved to be in instead of the Seahawks. Under the proposed expansion of the playoff field, there should be fewer instances of double-digit winners being left out. If, somehow, there's still a 10+ win team that gets left out of the field, that's just bad luck.