• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFLPA end of minicamps, OTAs

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe the changes implemented this season have demonstrated that we can put an entertaining product out on the field while further reducing wear and tear on our players' bodies-JC Tretter

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Player injuries skyrocket when they're not in condition.

I've been watching this pussification of players by the NFLPA for years. Guys show up for pre-season out of shape, fat and out of practice. There aren't enough guys now to fill 32 NFL teams, and that's the reason these guys don't think they have to work to keep their jobs.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. Player injuries skyrocket when they're not in condition.

I've been watching this pussification of players by the NFLPA for years. Guys show up for pre-season out of shape, fat and out of practice. There aren't enough guys now to fill 32 NFL teams, and that's the reason these guys don't think they have to work to keep their jobs.
But they wants ta get paid!!!!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can put an entertaining product on the field, huh. The product was not nearly as good as it shoud have been early in the season, imo. A ton of injuries and obviously lots of adjusting on the fly. Obviously, Covid was the big culprit but the lack of full training camp showed.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
You can eliminate minicamps and OTAs as long as you don’t consider tackling an important aspect of the game

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can eliminate minicamps and OTAs as long as you don’t consider tackling an important aspect of the game
or players health.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OTAs are non contact as are mini camps. Only contact for OL and DL are sleds. More contact in an Amazon Warehouse that the OTAs. OTAs are primarily film and meeting to indoctrinate and learn the offense and defense. Even training camps now have limited pads.

make belonging to the NFLPA optional and have multiple weekly full pad practices for non union members and see which guys get hurt during the season. See who's in better game shape at the start of the season.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OTAs are non contact as are mini camps. Only contact for OL and DL are sleds. More contact in an Amazon Warehouse that the OTAs. OTAs are primarily film and meeting to indoctrinate and learn the offense and defense. Even training camps now have limited pads.

make belonging to the NFLPA optional and have multiple weekly full pad practices for non union members and see which guys get hurt during the season. See who's in better game shape at the start of the season.
I mean there literally isn’t a good reason for the NFLPA. They care more about weed and being woke than fighting for anything for the past, current or future members.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to bring back physical 2 a day training camps.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the dream scenario for players is only having to show up in time to get dressed, go out play the game, shower, get dressed and leave and have the team promptly direct deposit their checks. No OTA, no mini camps , no camp at all, no preseason games, no practice, no media interaction required. My dream is to win the lottery. Odds are about the same.
I'm for more work in the off season for players and staff so when games actually begin, play is sharp and players are in peak condition. Doubt that they ever go back to when off season was a heavy work load for players. Hopefully they at least go back to what it was pre covid, which was too light as it was.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about they remove that stupid fine for wearing Christmas cleats or cleats that support a cause UNLESS it's a designated "Day" by the NFL

Do that before remove OTAs and minicamps

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about they remove that stupid fine for wearing Christmas cleats or cleats that support a cause UNLESS it's a designated "Day" by the NFL

Do that before remove OTAs and minicamps
unfortunately. I actually get this rule.
If they removed the rule. Players would get carried away & keep moving the bar on non uniform wear. Pretty soon it would just get ridiculous.
I am sure the NFL didnt see it as a big deal, but rules has to be black & white. Good news is the fine was only 5k & that money goes to Charity.
I look at it as Kamara knew he would be fined & decided to donate 5k to charity. A great Christmas gift.

Remember when Peyton Manning wanted to give a tip of the hat to Johnny Unitas by wearing Black Hi Tops. Again the cleats were Black & no big deal. He still got fined.

Way back when LC Greenwood used to wear custom cleats & got fined every game. back then though I think it wa 100's of dollars not thousands.

Point is. without the black & white rule, everyone would end of doing different shit. So, I get the uniform rule. Even though I see a lot of the infractions as not a big deal.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they removed the rule. Players would get carried away & keep moving the bar on non uniform wear. Pretty soon it would just get ridiculous.
I am sure the NFL didnt see it as a big deal, but rules has to be black & white. Good news is the fine was only 5k & that money goes to Charity.
I look at it as Kamara knew he would be fined & decided to donate 5k to charity. A great Christmas gift.

Remember when Peyton Manning wanted to give a tip of the hat to Johnny Unitas by wearing Black Hi Tops. Again the cleats were Black & no big deal. He still got fined.

Way back when LC Greenwood used to wear custom cleats & got fined every game. back then though I think it wa 100's of dollars not thousands.

Point is. without the black & white rule, everyone would end of doing different shit. So, I get the uniform rule. Even though I see a lot of the infractions as not a big deal.

Yeah I get why it was instituted but it needs to be worked on.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What if Kamara said Christmas was his Cause?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone actually know what charity these fines go to?

I doubt that the NFL would pocket it, but I think so lowly of the commissioner that I wouldn't completely rule it out.

Also, who's tax write-off does that go on, Kamara's or the NFL's?