• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL teams that just dont like winning?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exhibit A:

"Yeah you guys got smoked last year IN the superbowl by the best defense the league has seen since the 85 bears"

Thats not a swipe. thats a fact. I was actually defending their team, saying that losing to seattle last year isn't something to be ashamed of. then they lost this year cause their franchise QB was playing at 60%.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Broncos got rid of Dan Reeves people like you were saying the same thing. Oh wait M.S. showed up and the Broncos won 2 Super Bowls. I wouldn't mind the Broncos with a few top 5 picks because they won't screw them up like the Raiders do.

I remember Elway saying that Reeves was holding him back, he shared his dislike for Dan quite willingly.

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you guys got smoked last year IN the superbowl by the best defense the league has seen since the 85 bears....

This year your franchise QB was playing with a what pulled quad? He couldn't of been more then what 60%? Does it suck for you and are you mad right now? Absolutely I get it. But the grass is not always greener.

Your now one of what 8 teams with out a Head Coach, gonna hire someone who was fired from his last job? or a guy who has never been a HC... Either way your basically starting over..... You forget how hard it is to build a championship capable team......

We'll see how your attitude changes after a few years battling the raiders for top 5 picks.

:pound::pound::pound:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things on this thread...Sometimes you can have a coach that elevates a team above what they are capable of and other times you can have a coach that can hold back some of the talent that the team actually has. With the Broncos I think most would agree they have a top-3 or so roster in the NFL right now with both the offense and defense being top-5 caliber (and actually were this year). Bronco fans for the last year or so have actually been calling for Fox to be fired and for Del Rio to be let go. Really the only coach that many liked and even he got some criticism is that of Gase. Gase though in big games would get a little too pass happy. Del Rio and Fox though for being defensive minded guys really failed especially in big games to get the defense ready to play. Now I'm guessing many of you who are not Bronco fans watched very few of our games this year but for those of us that watched every game there is no reason on a 3rd down and pass situation why Von Miller and Demarcus Ware should be dropping back into coverage. I can understand every once in a blue moon to surprise a defense but this was becoming a very common theme this year. Throw in us having very good press corners in Harris and Talib and deciding to use them in off-zone coverage 15 yards off the ball when the team only needs 5 yards for a 1st down. Those are coaching errors that we watched happen over and over all year long.

Throw in even though it wasn't as advertised as the situation in San Fran Denver was having some issues between Fox and Elway. They were not seeing eye to eye. Fox also was having issues with Manning and Gase not agreeing with how the offense should be ran. So when you have that going on it causes issues and it just becomes time to part ways.

Now to the actual team...I don't think there is going to need to be a full rebuild like when Fox came to Denver. The Broncos are actually one of the youngest teams in the NFL even with a 38 year old quarterback. There is a lot of talent already on the team with just a few starting spots available. The Broncos also have a very reasonable cap situation and if Manning retires then the cap situation becomes one of the best in the NFL actually. So this team is not all of a sudden just going to drop off the map like some of you are hoping.