• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL teams that just dont like winning?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a good line today on the radio talking about how some NFL teams just dont like winning........... Harbaugh got the niners to 3 nfccgs, 1 super bowl and his "bad year" they finished .500. John Fox won 12 games a year for 3 straight, he even won when freaking TEbow was his QB,,,,yet both of those coachs are shown the door.........

Really crazy to think. Fans of teams that have struggled, Titans, bills, jets, raiders, etc. You guys have to just shake your heads right?

Just one year ago. SF was ONE play away from the super bowl, and Denver played in the super bowl.....now both are looking for new coachs and starting a rebuild.... really crazy. not for long is right nfl.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak to the 49er's situation but regarding the Broncos, you should change the title of this thread to "NFL teams that are serious about winning Superbowls and not just regular season games".

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the Browns have to top the list you have to put Buffalo and Denver on the list now.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't speak to the 49er's situation but regarding the Broncos, you should change the title of this thread to "NFL teams that are serious about winning Superbowls and not just regular season games".

Yeah you guys got smoked last year IN the superbowl by the best defense the league has seen since the 85 bears....

This year your franchise QB was playing with a what pulled quad? He couldn't of been more then what 60%? Does it suck for you and are you mad right now? Absolutely I get it. But the grass is not always greener.

Your now one of what 8 teams with out a Head Coach, gonna hire someone who was fired from his last job? or a guy who has never been a HC... Either way your basically starting over..... You forget how hard it is to build a championship capable team......

We'll see how your attitude changes after a few years battling the raiders for top 5 picks.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...is anyone really surprised by who is walking down the street looking for dogs to kick?

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you guys got smoked last year IN the superbowl by the best defense the league has seen since the 85 bears....

This year your franchise QB was playing with a what pulled quad? He couldn't of been more then what 60%? Does it suck for you and are you mad right now? Absolutely I get it. But the grass is not always greener.

Your now one of what 8 teams with out a Head Coach, gonna hire someone who was fired from his last job? or a guy who has never been a HC... Either way your basically starting over..... You forget how hard it is to build a championship capable team......

We'll see how your attitude changes after a few years battling the raiders for top 5 picks.

When the Broncos got rid of Dan Reeves people like you were saying the same thing. Oh wait M.S. showed up and the Broncos won 2 Super Bowls. I wouldn't mind the Broncos with a few top 5 picks because they won't screw them up like the Raiders do.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the fact you couldn't find a Seahawk fan anywhere 3-4 years ago and all of a sudden there are a shit load of them. Amazing how that happens.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At the very least Del Rio needed to go. What many of you are failing to see is that the broncos were not just soft on offense, they struggled with defense too. I don't know how many times we watched our best pass rushers drop into freaking coverage but every time was a dumb move. Refusing to make adjustments when things did not work is the hallmark of Del Rio this year.

This team still has tons of talent even with a new staff and no Manning we are at least a .500 team. We don't have the cap situation most of you people think we do and will be able to bring back some of our more important pieces. I doubt this team picks in the top 5 in the near future.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who knows wazzu? You could be right or the Broncos could also end up the better for it. It's always a risk when you break up a winning formula in the NFL. We won't know until next year and probably a few years beyond that.

Many fans believe that Fox & Co. underperformed given the talent that was amassed in Denver. There are also quite a few that were shocked given the AFC West division title run. At the end of the day, the Bowlen family and John Elway have made it clear that they are only interested in winning Superbowls. Getting into the playoffs as a top seed is important but means nothing if you're continuously bowing out in embarrassing fashion. It's being reported that there has been a growing gap in the coaching philosophy between Fox and Elway. The buck stops with Elway, so he's making a change.

Make no mistake, everyone understands how hard it is to win in this league and remain on top but John Elway has proven to be a focused and aggressive VP/GM with the Broncos. He will never sit back and watch as he's always been a risk taker on and off the field.

We'll see where it all goes but the Broncos have never been the kind of long-term doormat like the Raiders. Won't happen.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF...I can't put a finger on that one, but clearly there was some disconnect between Harbaugh and the FO.

DEN...don't blame them...Fox is not a bad HC, but he's had talented teams and has proven he can't finish....IND has lessor talent yet they came into DEN and beat them...yeah, I know about Manning, but that's not an excuse....that had nothing to do with a very expensive DEF barely getting a hand on Luck...needing a mandate from the FO to realize that the running game had to be improved.

Those other teams you mentioned are mostly struggling to get a pro caliber functioning QB.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos were going for it and if it was not for the fate of the Hawks they would of had a SB,all the free agents and Manning,bringing in Elway,oh they went for it.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the fact you couldn't find a Seahawk fan anywhere 3-4 years ago and all of a sudden there are a shit load of them. Amazing how that happens.

How old are you?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't understand the point of this thread and more than I do the firing of John Fox.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really don't understand the point of this thread and more than I do the firing of John Fox.

It is one guy's swipe at two teams that have been pretty good.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well both SF and DEN are going a different direction obviously,but Denvers case may be a few reasons his health ect.

SanFran someone had to go and from everything i have heard 49'er fans say that the GM and Harbaugh did not see eye to eye,it happens.

As far as any other team,they all want to win it all every owner wants to win,it's just some do not want to pay the money to win,let's be honest there is a few teams out there that players dread going to.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's something to this. How good is good enough? Making the conference title game or SB but falling short is a good start, but do that a few times and it quickly becomes a disappointment. And if the goal is to win the SB, you get to the point where you need to make a change if you can't get there from here. It's not like the Jaguars and Raiders don't change head coaches a lot too.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is one guy's swipe at two teams that have been pretty good.

How did I make a swipe at any of those teams? I was pointing out how quickly the league can change. SF and Den were 2 of the 3 best teams in football just one year ago. Both of them have had great success recently.... both of them are looking for new options at HC.

Is that not interesting and worthy of discussion? Some people are too damn sensitive.

OR is it just cause I root for Seattle Im not allowed to talk about other NFL topics?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did I make a swipe at any of those teams? I was pointing out how quickly the league can change. SF and Den were 2 of the 3 best teams in football just one year ago. Both of them have had great success recently.... both of them are looking for new options at HC.

Is that not interesting and worthy of discussion? Some people are too damn sensitive.

OR is it just cause I root for Seattle Im not allowed to talk about other NFL topics?

Exhibit A:

"Yeah you guys got smoked last year IN the superbowl by the best defense the league has seen since the 85 bears"

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You then preceded to lump them in with cellar dwellars and said the broncos will be fighting with the raiders for a top 5 pick. Your whole post carried a subtext to it.

If that was not your intent I apologize for my interpretation.

Feel free to post whatever, wherever. Just don't be surprised if it is taken the wrong way. I may be a little touchy, goes with the turbulence in my team, but with a lot of people on this board making comments based on little or no knowledge it is bound to happen.

Elway did not get rid of the coaching staff for one game or one side of the team. Manning was far from the only issue we had this year. On top of that, contrary to popular notion, the broncos are not in dire straights with the cap. We will not hemorrhage talent. We will lose some to be sure; Just like every other team.

It is similar to the seahawk fans getting sensitive on another thread about whether they could afford to keep Russell Wilson.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a good line today on the radio talking about how some NFL teams just dont like winning........... Harbaugh got the niners to 3 nfccgs, 1 super bowl and his "bad year" they finished .500. John Fox won 12 games a year for 3 straight, he even won when freaking TEbow was his QB,,,,yet both of those coachs are shown the door.........

Really crazy to think. Fans of teams that have struggled, Titans, bills, jets, raiders, etc. You guys have to just shake your heads right?

Just one year ago. SF was ONE play away from the super bowl, and Denver played in the super bowl.....now both are looking for new coachs and starting a rebuild.... really crazy. not for long is right nfl.

It really hasn't been so long since Seattle was roundly criticized for showing a proven coach (Holmgren) the door, and going with a way too young GM and a retread coach who cheated at USC.

SOMETIMES change can be good.