• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL should be more like the NHL

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure pot has been "ok" on the down low for a while in the NHL.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying "the NFL should be more like the NHL" for years, but I was always referring to player contracts.

Once a player signs a contract, it should be fully guaranteed for the exact amount agreed upon and both the player and the organization signing that player are required to fulfill the contract 100% (the organization can buy out the contract but still must pay the player 100% of what is owed).

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the "don't punish, work with" mentality.

As long as the guy isn't a problem, no problem......

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying "the NFL should be more like the NHL" for years, but I was always referring to player contracts.

Once a player signs a contract, it should be fully guaranteed for the exact amount agreed upon and both the player and the organization signing that player are required to fulfill the contract 100% (the organization can buy out the contract but still must pay the player 100% of what is owed).
So if a player signs a contract and goes to their new team and decides to just become a cancer and not give 100% and ends up with shitty contributions, he's entitled to that money? No thanks.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Until the MCL is blown out, or he gets busted for PEDs, or beats his old lady or gets a DUI, etc. Hell not the contract should not be guaranteed. And how many times have we seen the superstar get that huge contract and then the numbers and effort fall through

Sorry the NFL has this right

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NHL is the classiest league in all of sports, including front offices, coaches, players, etc. Just seems to be a better class of people all around.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NHL is the classiest league in all of sports, including front offices, coaches, players, etc. Just seems to be a better class of people all around.
Yeah I agree but that's not really the point.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until the MCL is blown out, or he gets busted for PEDs, or beats his old lady or gets a DUI, etc. Hell not the contract should not be guaranteed. And how many times have we seen the superstar get that huge contract and then the numbers and effort fall through

Sorry the NFL has this right

Actually, playing devil's advocate, things like that are very rare in the NHL, except for the MCL.

Hell the last scandal that I remember was Guys bashing their team and coaches in a Uber in Phoenix

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, playing devil's advocate, things like that are very rare in the NHL, except for the MCL.

Hell the last scandal that I remember was Guys bashing their team and coaches in a Uber in Phoenix
Right but he was talking about applying the NHL CBA to the NFL where there are long term injuries.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree but that's not really the point.
Then my point is maybe the other leagues should check out how they do business and if it would work for them. I truly don't care if a WR is as high as giraffe pussy if he catches the ball.:clap:

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bashing the yotes isn't really a "scandal"... More like talking about the yotes.