• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL QB: Closest to Perfection

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say opinions didn't matter. I said that you can't treat an opinion masquerading as a statistic as the real deal.

I haven't read the entire thread but if statistics are your base for what makes a QB great, I disagree...at least not statistics alone.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
just following JDMs thoutht process......qbr is a bogus stat b/c of objectivity, but his and yours opinion of harrison being a hofer is not.....that's the epitome of irony and 2 posters that are spinning out of control

QBR is useless. It arbitrarily highlights certain random aspects & ignores others. The only reason anyone uses it is because ESPN tries to force it down our throats. Normal QB rating is a far better measure of efficiency...

And do you even know what irony means? 2 posters "spinning out of control" isn't ironic (much less the epitome of irony).

And you're talking about Marvin Harrison like it's a fact that he wouldn't have been a HOFer with "any legit QB." That just shows that you don't understand how good Marvin Harrison was. That's surprising since you're a Colts fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I respect your opinion, too. We'll just leave it at that. I feel that Johnny U would be able to make the necessary adjustments to adapt to today's game. With Johnny U, "I can't do it" or "I can't win" wasn't in his vocabulary.

again with the objectivity.....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBR is useless. It arbitrarily highlights certain random aspects & ignores others. The only reason anyone uses it is because ESPN tries to force it down our throats. Normal QB rating is a far better measure of efficiency...

And do you even know what irony means? 2 posters "spinning out of control" isn't ironic (much less the epitome of irony).

And you're talking about Marvin Harrison like it's a fact that he wouldn't have been a HOFer with "any legit QB." That just shows that you don't understand how good Marvin Harrison was. That's surprising since you're a Colts fan.

if normal qb rating is a better way of judging qbs, why does manning get knocked for his 9-11 postseaso. record despite having a better postseason qb rating than brady?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read the entire thread but if statistics are your base for what makes a QB great, I disagree...at least not statistics alone.

Not at all. I said QBR as described by ESPN is not a statistic.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
if normal qb rating is a better way of judging qbs, why does manning get knocked for his 9-11 postseaso. record despite having a better postseason qb rating than brady?

I don't know. I have Manning as one of the 4 most efficient QBs of all time (Steve Young, Joe Montana, Manning & Kurt Warner are my top 4 against the average as far as efficiency goes).

Manning blew it against the Saints. He had a great opportunity to get another ring. He also had easily the best squad' in the NFL in 2005 IMO, and he over-threw people all day against the Steelers in the AFC Championship game. So he hasn't been amazing in the postseason (like Steve Young). But he's still one of the best of all time.

I don't see what this has to do with Harrison.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. I said QBR as described by ESPN is not a statistic.

Ok, I agree with that. I don't think Peyton is top 10 all time. Arguably he is but for my money he comes up lame in big games too often. I could certainly choose 10 guys, all time, ahead of him.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because it's not as good a measurement among elite QBs as winning. To be GOAT you need to be good at both. Yes, if you win one (or even two) and are extremely inconsistent, your stats hurt you. But if you are comparing two people with identical stats, you look to who actually got it done.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprisingly, the greatest QB in the history of the game is still tops.

[MEDIA=twitter]357575548819615745[/MEDIA]

My only other comment is that I'd take Flacco over that shrimp Drew Brees any day.

Couldn't disagree more. To me Flacco is a upgrade to Alex Smith. Put him on a bad team and he's going to stink to high heaven. Brees would upgrade any team and would be able to play well on a bad team, if fact that's what he's doing with the Saints right now. Without Brees the Saints would end up at the top of the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with hammer. Brees is overrated and flacco (while slightly overpaid IMO) is not given enough credit by most. I would take flacco over Brees for solely this year in a heartbeat.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm with hammer. Brees is overrated and flacco (while slightly overpaid IMO) is not given enough credit by most. I would take flacco over Brees for solely this year in a heartbeat.

I don't know that Brees is overrated, but I think Flacco is severely underrated. Flacco & Jay Cutler are the 2 most underrated QBs in the NFL IMO. Cutler is screwed from the get go with that OL.

If you want an overrated QB, look no further than Flacco's inferiour: Matty Romo. I mean Ice for some reason.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't disagree more. To me Flacco is a upgrade to Alex Smith. Put him on a bad team and he's going to stink to high heaven. Brees would upgrade any team and would be able to play well on a bad team, if fact that's what he's doing with the Saints right now. Without Brees the Saints would end up at the top of the draft.

I agree with a Seahawks fan?

Today's top 5:

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Brees
4. Peyton
5. Eli

I think all of these QBs' teams wouldn't sniff the playoffs without their QBs.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Drew Brees inconsistent?

Look at his career stats. 5,000+ yards 3 times. 70% completions twice. Hes a stud.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always liked Brady more than Manning but either would be great to have on my team.

Manning had better running backs and receivers for his time in Indy than Brady had for most of his career in New England IMO.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw JDM's favorite teams and I'm assuming this boils down to, once again, a Manning Brady debate. But no matter how you look at it, stats or opinion, it looks like Manning is still superior to Brady.

I assume you are talking about Eli manning, because Peyton is a loser. Either Manning loses in the comparison to Brady.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you are talking about Eli manning, because Peyton is a loser. Either Manning loses in the comparison to Brady.

Please don't even hint at Eli being near Peyton's level. It's night and day and Eli doesn't stand a chance.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't even hint at Eli being near Peyton's level. It's night and day and Eli doesn't stand a chance.

Actually I was just jerking some chains.
As long as you're biting let me say: Eli has two SuperBowls and a winning playoff record
Peyton has a losing playoff record and is almost done.
If Eli wins another, what will you say then?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I was just jerking some chains.
As long as you're biting let me say: Eli has two SuperBowls and a winning playoff record
Peyton has a losing playoff record and is almost done.
If Eli wins another, what will you say then?

That I would still rather have Peyton lead my team.