• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL QB: Closest to Perfection

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing stats may not be useful. But comparing winning and success overall is perfectly legitimate, and the idea that older players were automatically better is ridiculous.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady:
Regular season:
136-40(.773) average game - 21.4/33.6 253 1.89 TD .69 INT
Post season:
17-7 (.708) average game - 23/37 248 1.75 TD .91 INT

Peyton:
Regular season:
154-69(.691) average game - 22.6/34.7 265 1.95 TD .93 INT
Post season:
9-11 (.450) average game - 24/38 283 1.6TD 1.05 INT

The spread in both the regular season and the postseason isn't massive. If you want to take the blame off Peyton for losing, surely you have to consider that his better weapons helped his rating? We're not talking some crazy difference in passer rating here.

u can blame whomever you want, fact is, Manning has a better QB rating than Brady in the postseason and is 9-11.....and stop with the "weapons" garbage....everyone knows manning breeds his own weapons.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Harrison would have been a hall of famer with any respectable quarterback, and Reggie Wayne was a far better receiver than anyone Brady had Pre-Moss. If you're going to claim external factors in one aspect you have to fairly consider them in all aspects to be taken seriously.

Come back with something reasonable to say and maybe we can have a discussion.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin Harrison would have been a hall of famer with any respectable quarterback, and Reggie Wayne was a far better receiver than anyone Brady had Pre-Moss. If you're going to claim external factors in one aspect you have to fairly consider them in all aspects to be taken seriously.

Come back with something reasonable to say and maybe we can have a discussion.

you're big on raw statistics, but have no statistical evidence, ttherefore, your rebuttal is moot. And you question the objectivity of QBR.....lol....oh the IRONY!

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted the raw statistics. They are almost identical. By far the biggest difference is wins. Brady blows manning out of the water.

You tried to ignore wins, so I commented that if you want to do that, you have to admit that the receivers helped manning's stats be better. You have not come close to providing a response to that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted the raw statistics. They are almost identical. By far the biggest difference is wins. Brady blows manning out of the water.

You tried to ignore wins, so I commented that if you want to do that, you have to admit that the receivers helped manning's stats be better. You have not come close to providing a response to that.

show me statistical evidence that Harrison would be a HOfer with any "legitimate QB".......please, never preach about objectivity again. lmao

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no statistics available to discuss that claim, as he didn't play with anyone else. Fortunately it is fairly obvious in it's own right. When you consider reggie Wayne had 100 receptions for 1300 yards with a rookie QB after being second fiddle to Harrison you have a case, but there are not relevant statistics to compare harrison without manning.

You used no statistics to back up your claim that manning made him either, because there aren't any.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no statistics available to discuss that claim, as he didn't play with anyone else. Fortunately it is fairly obvious in it's own right. When you consider reggie Wayne had 100 receptions for 1300 yards with a rookie QB after being second fiddle to Harrison you have a case, but there are not relevant statistics to compare harrison without manning.

You used no statistics to back up your claim that manning made him either, because there aren't any.

got u in spin and backpedal mode.....u can't have your cake and eat it too....

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what the stats say, I would go with Johnny Unitas or Earl Morrall over these guys any day and twice on Sundays. Those were the days of the Ironman QBs.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I apologize for that post going over your head and below your knees. Next time u should comment when u actually know what's going on in a discussion....just my advice

I know exactly what's going on. Your post still made zero sense. I didn't feel the need to explain to you why, but I might as well now...

You're asking for statistical evidence of a hypothetical. That's like saying, "Show me what Tom Brady's career stats would be if he were drafted by the Bears." It makes no sense.

Also, I agree that Marvin Harrison would've been a HOFer with any legit' QB. I think most people who know football would say so.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what the stats say, I would go with Johnny Unitas or Earl Morrall over these guys any day and twice on Sundays. Those were the days of the Ironman QBs.
I respect your opinion, but that was not a league that prepared for the passing game. It was 8 men in the box on nearly every down but 3rd and long. Great QBs in those days strived of weak secondaries and jam packed boxes...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know exactly what's going on. Your post still made zero sense. I didn't feel the need to explain to you why, but I might as well now...

You're asking for statistical evidence of a hypothetical. That's like saying, "Show me what Tom Brady's career stats would be if he were drafted by the Bears." It makes no sense.

Also, I agree that Marvin Harrison would've been a HOFer with any legit' QB. I think most people who know football would say so.

marvin could have or couldn't have.....my point is it's a objective opinion which JdM is so against. show me the evidence aside from ur opinion. Opinions aren't relevant

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect your opinion, but that was not a league that prepared for the passing game. It was 8 men in the box on nearly every down but 3rd and long. Great QBs in those days strived of weak secondaries and jam packed boxes...

Yep, I respect your opinion, too. We'll just leave it at that. I feel that Johnny U would be able to make the necessary adjustments to adapt to today's game. With Johnny U, "I can't do it" or "I can't win" wasn't in his vocabulary.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
marvin could have or couldn't have.....my point is it's a objective opinion which JdM is so against. show me the evidence aside from ur opinion. Opinions aren't relevant

You're asking for evidence of a hypothetical again.

And opinions aren't relevant? That's a pretty broad, sweeping statement.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're asking for evidence of a hypothetical again.

And opinions aren't relevant? That's a pretty broad, sweeping statement.

just following JDMs thoutht process......qbr is a bogus stat b/c of objectivity, but his and yours opinion of harrison being a hofer is not.....that's the epitome of irony and 2 posters that are spinning out of control

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprisingly, the greatest QB in the history of the game is still tops.

[MEDIA=twitter]357575548819615745[/MEDIA]

My only other comment is that I'd take Flacco over that shrimp Drew Brees any day.

I'm sorry, Hammer but this just isn't true. Montana is the greatest ever followed by Brady, IMO. Manning is a great regular season QB but he comes up short in the playoffs almost always.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say opinions didn't matter. I said that you can't treat an opinion masquerading as a statistic as the real deal.