• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL QB: Closest to Perfection

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he can't run. Just that I think the difference between him and RG3 is pretty substantial. Not just pure speed, but RG3 is more elusive, quicker, and overall more athletic.

I want griffin in a pro style system, though. The reason it is almost universal is because that's how you protect your guys.

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he can't run. Just that I think the difference between him and RG3 is pretty substantial. Not just pure speed, but RG3 is more elusive, quicker, and overall more athletic.

I want griffin in a pro style system, though. The reason it is almost universal is because that's how you protect your guys.

Yup.

RGKnee got hit on 21% of all his snaps. Only second to Newton at 25%

NFL average for QBs is 12%

And RGKnee isn't 6'4" 260 lbs like Newton. So it's gonna take its toll if Shanahan and he don't wise up.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted them to fire Shanahan on the spot after that playoff game. It was atrocious that they were still setting him up to tear himself up on that bad of a knee. I'm not saying don't let him play, because I've played with my fair share of injuries that I shouldn't have, and this is a much higher stage, but the playcalling should have at least tried to protect him.

I was legitimately mad because it's not fair to treat an athlete like that. And the fact that he is the future of your franchise makes it far worse. It was sickening to watch that game, and he still almost pulled it out. I'm convinced if they took a little better care of him he would have been able to step into his throws enough to bring them down the field one more time at the end.

I gained a lot of respect for him and lost all of it for Shanahan with that one game.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go with the athletic QB every time over a Athlete trying to be a QB.

AKA Vince Young.

Luck has a certain polish that very few rookies ever had. Ain't no statistic for smarts, balls, and common sense.

I love the Big arm guys like Cutler, Stafford, and Romo. Problem is they tend to make the stupid mistake thinking arm strength beats common sense. You can win with these guys but it's a lot easier with Brees, Brady, and Manning.

The best or closest to perfect QB hands down is Aaron Rodgers.

Best young QB for the future.....Andy Dalton! Got to admit the kid got skills and the Bengals are building a nice cast around him. Sometimes it's the guys around them that make them stars.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffin isn't an athlete trying to be a QB. He's a top 5 pick without his legs.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I was thinking in broader terms as to the trend we are seeing.

Wilson, Kaepernick, Geno Smith and you could put RG3 in the group if you so choose but I see him with a much better arm. I think Steve Young had the same type of game but that worked out well and shoots my position down some.

I think they have potential and could prove me wrong but I like the pocket passer that can move....the Fran Tarkington model.

As for RG3 my biggest concern for him is he will always be an injury concern before a guy like Luck. Maybe thats a little unfair but it's just my opinion.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wilson and Kaepernick stay borderline top 10, but don't exceed it. Geno crashes and burns unless the jets fix a lot.

To protect griffin, put him in a pro style offense. Not only will he be an elite passer, but he is more of a threat scrambling than on designed runs.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I point out his knee injury from last year. Runners are runners and it is next to impossible to make them pocket guys.

And I will agree to disagree with Kaepernick and Wilson. I can't put them near top 10 until they show me more. It's easy to look good on playoff teams with talent but have to pass to win goes along way.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to work some on protecting himself, but more of the hits are scheme. It has been hard to make "runners" pocket guys because they didn't have the arm. RG3 does.

I didn't say the other guys were top ten, just near the border.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to work some on protecting himself, but more of the hits are scheme. It has been hard to make "runners" pocket guys because they didn't have the arm. RG3 does.

I didn't say the other guys were top ten, just near the border.

I said near and if you feel they are good they did win and thats more than Cutler and Stafford did last year. But I would not trade Stafford, Dalton or even Bradford for Kaepernick or Wilson but thats my taste in QB.

I do think Cam Newton is going to find it's harder to find success and he is more Athlete trying to play QB. But again I think injuries have to be taken into account. Like Mike Vick... I would have like to have seen what he could have done career wise without injuries and incarceration.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never had even a respectable offense around him. Vick got fucked his whole career.

I'm pretty far from sold on newton. I think he's a bad player, plain and simple.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning G.O.A.T......haha. I wouldn't put him top 5

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Brady homer. Beyond that I also wonder what Vick could have been if he wasn't a moron. Russel Wilson is real. Don't underestimate what this kid is. He is a winner. Who's this Peyton dude?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen a more talented version of Wilson in Doug Flutie. Size does matter don't believe what your girlfriends say. The only short QB to win in recent memory is Brees and he has always had a stellar supporting cast.

An offense that has to constantly roll the pocket is not a long term solution IMO. I think Seattle may have gotten rid of Flynn to quickly. There was a reason tey spent all that cash for him last year.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't surprise me at all......you're from Kentucky....

Lol a man who is 9-11 in the playoffs and only super bowl happened because he played the worst QB ever to start a super bowl in Grossman. Yeah he certainly is one of the G.O.A.T isn't he.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't surprise me at all......you're from Kentucky....

If you're going to attack people who disagree with you, either being some substance or be entertaining. You're doing neither.

Since you already claimed manning v Brady was my rationale behind disliking this system, just make that case. Don't worry about GOAT. Just demonstrate that he's better than Brady.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol a man who is 9-11 in the playoffs and only super bowl happened because he played the worst QB ever to start a super bowl in Grossman. Yeah he certainly is one of the G.O.A.T isn't he.

Well statistically speaking, Manning has a better postseason QB rating than Brady, so we might have to put the blame of that 9-11 postseason record on something else.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well statistically speaking, Manning has a better postseason QB rating than Brady, so we might have to put the blame of that 9-11 postseason record on something else.

Brady:
Regular season:
136-40(.773) average game - 21.4/33.6 253 1.89 TD .69 INT
Post season:
17-7 (.708) average game - 23/37 248 1.75 TD .91 INT

Peyton:
Regular season:
154-69(.691) average game - 22.6/34.7 265 1.95 TD .93 INT
Post season:
9-11 (.450) average game - 24/38 283 1.6TD 1.05 INT

The spread in both the regular season and the postseason isn't massive. If you want to take the blame off Peyton for losing, surely you have to consider that his better weapons helped his rating? We're not talking some crazy difference in passer rating here.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying that any QB in this era is the best in the history the game is a joke.

The rules have changed so much over the years...it's a passing league.

I'd like to see how those rating change if we take away the protection QB's and WR's get.

Imagine if Manning or Brady played at a time before the Mel Blount rule, or when it was legal to clothesline a QB.

Brady drops to the ground in a fetal position as it is.

Guys like him just aren't tough enough to play without those rules.

Meanwhile guys that played without those rules - their stats would only get better.

If you want to say Manning is the best of his era, I'm fine with that. But to say he's the GOAT? There are to many differences in the rules to be able to compare across eras like that.