• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Power Rankings 2021 (via ESPN)

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO at Eagles fan talking about "mental hurdles!"

Well you're a Boston fan so you should know first hand. Gordon Hayward was never the same after that injury. He's gotten better over the years but it has taken awhile.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FitzMagic factor, people have a hard time seeing him lead a 10-6 team
Going out on a limb that 7-9 won’t win the division again

Season 9 Idk GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys defense is trash and I expect Dak to deal with some mental hurdles after that injury.

Point one: 100% correct
Point two: You obviously know nothing about Dak

Basically there are no teams in the NFC East without flaws so even with a shit defense Dallas can win it. They all have warts. Basically right it's like taking Dallas, Wash and Giants and throwing them all in a hat and picking one out. It's a toss up to me. If Wash or the Giants get real good QB play they become the favorites, but I doubt either will which is why Dallas is in the mix and perhaps the slightest of favorites right now

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys defense is trash and I expect Dak to deal with some mental hurdles after that injury.

Point one: 100% correct
Point two: You obviously know nothing about Dak

Basically there are no teams in the NFC East without flaws so even with a shit defense Dallas can win it. They all have warts. Basically right it's like taking Dallas, Wash and Giants and throwing them all in a hat and picking one out. It's a toss up to me. If Wash or the Giants get real good QB play they become the favorites, but I doubt either will which is why Dallas is in the mix and perhaps the slightest of favorites right now

That was a hell of an injury. There is no saying how someone comes back from that mentally. Wise money is it takes him awhile to get back to where he was.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a hell of an injury. There is no saying how someone comes back from that mentally. Wise money is it takes him awhile to get back to where he was.
There are two types of players. Type one chases down a fly ball and as they get close to the wall starts thinking about the wall. Type two only thinks about catching the ball. Dak is type 2. They have already discussed how they need to keep telling him to slide unless it's 3rd down, or red zone, etc. He'll get better at that and be conscious about it and hopefully smarter, but he isn't going to be dealing with mental hurdles. He isn't the most physically gifted QB in the league and honestly he isn't even close, but mentally and from a leadership perspective he is up there with anyone. :2cents:

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are two types of players. Type one chases down a fly ball and as they get close to the wall starts thinking about the wall. Type two only thinks about catching the ball. Dak is type 2. They have already discussed how they need to keep telling him to slide unless it's 3rd down, or red zone, etc. He'll get better at that and be conscious about it and hopefully smarter, but he isn't going to be dealing with mental hurdles. He isn't the most physically gifted QB in the league and honestly he isn't even close, but mentally and from a leadership perspective he is up there with anyone. :2cents:

So was Alex Smith and he clearly was a shell of his former self this past season.

The only player I've seen come back from an injury as grotesque without needing time to get back to it mentally was Paul George.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to see how good these preseason rankings are...................just go back and check them. Did they have the Bucs winning the Super Bowl or even in the Super Bowl.

KC is the media darling. As with any team out there, it's all a matter of keeping the QB clean. The Bucs opened the door on how to beat the Chiefs. Speed on the outside and chunking the middle. This is a copycat leagueand KC will have toadjust or suffer the consequences.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucs opened the door on how to beat the Chiefs. Speed on the outside and chunking the middle. This is a copycat leagueand KC will have toadjust or suffer the consequences.
Chiefs literally picked up the best interior olineman and dlineman in free agency. I'd say they are trying to adjust.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs literally picked up the best interior olineman and dlineman in free agency. I'd say they are trying to adjust.
Don't you find it odd that the Chiefs were able to get the "Best" linemen. Even more odd that their teams didn't make a bigger effort to resign them? The media brainwashes the lemmings. If a player is that good and his team has a pile of money, why wouldn't they spend to keep that player rather than signing a less player? Could it be that in many cases, the original team finds that player a liability? The Chiefs peeled awayan O'Line that has afforded Mahomes the time and protection to get the Chiefs where they got. Now there are four new linemen that other teams didn't want who are remarkedly better?

If what you say is true, why aren't the Patriots ranked higher tan 15th? They completely reworked the defense, added the two "best" TEs and two improved WRs.

Time will tell.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you find it odd that the Chiefs were able to get the "Best" linemen. Even more odd that their teams didn't make a bigger effort to resign them? The media brainwashes the lemmings. If a player is that good and his team has a pile of money, why wouldn't they spend to keep that player rather than signing a less player? Could it be that in many cases, the original team finds that player a liability? The Chiefs peeled awayan O'Line that has afforded Mahomes the time and protection to get the Chiefs where they got. Now there are four new linemen that other teams didn't want who are remarkedly better?

If what you say is true, why aren't the Patriots ranked higher tan 15th? They completely reworked the defense, added the two "best" TEs and two improved WRs.

Time will tell.
The answer to your question is that the Patriots have a bridge QB in Cam Newton and signing receiving talent was more important than signing a Guard. My guess is that Bill Bellichick has been relatively good at drafting olinemen and a dumpster fire at drafting WRs and TEs. This upcoming draft is a good Oline draft and a really bad TE class once you get past Pitts. I would say Bellichick is playing the odds and it has nothing to do with Joe Thuney's talent level. From reports, the Bengals, Chargers and Patriots all bid up Thuney quite a bit which is why the Chiefs had to pay him so much. Chiefs strategy of getting Thuney to me signals that they need to get better at the red zone and short yardage. Mahomes got hurt on a QB sneak in 2019. CEH torched the Texans in week 1 but the Chiefs oline really struggled in the goal line...against the Texans of all teams and that was when everyone was healthy. This is something that the Chiefs have needed to fix for awhile.

More relevant to the conversation, I'd have the Chiefs 4th in my power rankings right now behind the Bucs, Packers, and Browns. Chiefs still need to make some moves. Not sure what to make of the Patriots. There is no way that Bellichick ties his legacy as a GM to Cam Newton but Cam when healthy is good enough to make them a playoff team. I'm not sure he has been fully healthy since...early 2018? Not something to bank on.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer to your question is that the Patriots have a bridge QB in Cam Newton and signing receiving talent was more important than signing a Guard. My guess is that Bill Bellichick has been relatively good at drafting olinemen and a dumpster fire at drafting WRs and TEs. This upcoming draft is a good Oline draft and a really bad TE class once you get past Pitts. I would say Bellichick is playing the odds and it has nothing to do with Joe Thuney's talent level. From reports, the Bengals, Chargers and Patriots all bid up Thuney quite a bit which is why the Chiefs had to pay him so much. Chiefs strategy of getting Thuney to me signals that they need to get better at the red zone and short yardage. Mahomes got hurt on a QB sneak in 2019. CEH torched the Texans in week 1 but the Chiefs oline really struggled in the goal line...against the Texans of all teams and that was when everyone was healthy. This is something that the Chiefs have needed to fix for awhile.

More relevant to the conversation, I'd have the Chiefs 4th in my power rankings right now behind the Bucs, Packers, and Browns. Chiefs still need to make some moves. Not sure what to make of the Patriots. There is no way that Bellichick ties his legacy as a GM to Cam Newton but Cam when healthy is good enough to make them a playoff team. I'm not sure he has been fully healthy since...early 2018? Not something to bank on.
Believe me, I don't think that there's a single person in New England banking anything on Cam Newton.