• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to get ugly ... it probably should. Those billion dollar owners aren't sweethearts by any measure. We all know men in power usually abuse it. I hope it all comes out whether it is related to the WTF or not.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to get ugly ... it probably should. Those billion dollar owners aren't sweethearts by any measure. We all know men in power usually abuse it. I hope it all comes out whether it is related to the WTF or not.
Me too

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Amen!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that power corrupts…and money.

What is an abuse of power? What makes something an abuse?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that power corrupts…and money.

What is an abuse of power? What makes something an abuse?
Abuse of power doesn't exist!

Sure it's a thing but ONLY because we popularize misnomers and blanket expressions in an attempt to avoid legal and/or personal ramifications when talking about the influences that one has when one has enough money to elicit public involvement and/or change. Legal terms closer to what this involves, includes but is not limited to, coercion, force, duress, oppression, enforcement, harassment, intimidation, threat(s), demand, pressure, and influence.

This is as far as I'm going to go on the subject because as a general rule "abuse of power" has been largely limited to discussions of politics.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abuse of power doesn't exist!

Sure it's a thing but ONLY because we popularize misnomers and blanket expressions in an attempt to avoid legal and/or personal ramifications when talking about the influences that one has when one has enough money to elicit public involvement and/or change. Legal terms closer to what this involves, includes but is not limited to, coercion, force, duress, oppression, enforcement, harassment, intimidation, threat(s), demand, pressure, and influence.

This is as far as I'm going to go on the subject because as a general rule "abuse of power" has been largely limited to discussions of politics.

Power (authority) has to be given. Governments have power…you are right that it usually goes to politics, for this reason.

Employment in the private sector is a voluntary transaction. Employers should be allowed to ask you to do anything and you should be allowed to ask how much?

This kind of response is why I love you Sty.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the basic role of a cheerleader ? I doubt being forced to go topless is one of them and if you dont it’s a “ consequence “ of being employed

A consequence would be if you do it people will see it. If you don’t then no one sees it

No way should anyone say you should be fired if you don’t do this particular act especially when it falls outside of the legal norm for the job .

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the basic role of a cheerleader ? I doubt being forced to go topless is one of them and if you dont it’s a “ consequence “ of being employed

A consequence would be if you do it people will see it. If you don’t then no one sees it

No way should anyone say you should be fired if you don’t do this particular act especially when it falls outside of the legal norm for the job .

What makes it standard? Are all cheerleading contracts standard? Do they have a union to negotiate their employment?

Were they forced to go topless, did they voice their concern, or did they just have a feeling?

Can you show me the ”legal norm” for a cheerleader?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes it standard? Are all cheerleading contracts standard? Do they have a union to negotiate their employment?

Were they forced to go topless, did they voice their concern, or did they just have a feeling?

Can you show me the ”legal norm” for a cheerleader?
The investigation said yes

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to see here. everything is fiiiiine

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s TV spots like this that give me a bit of hope for The Danny’s downfall

It’ll be interesting whether this focus and media pressure will continue or Peter out as it has in the past.

Looks like the story has bigger legs than when the ‘no report from Wilkenson’ this past June

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you offered money to perform a function in the military? Were you willing to do it for free?

You were coerced.
Please