• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So whats are cap heading into 2022 .. its like 25 mill difference from this year to schreiif is going to ..want aleast 17 to 20 of that.. i predicted 2022 and 2023 will be the load up on Fa the final peices to make That Run plus not using any draft capital
cant do that without losing key players on the d/line or TMAC . i think BS walks though

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Jordan Raanan reports the Giants could limit Saquon Barkley's snaps early in the season.​

Barkley wasn't cleared for on-field work at OTAs but is working out at the team facility. The Giants plan to bring him along slowly, likely limiting him early in training camp. There's a chance Barkley, who had meniscus and MCL damage in addition to a torn ACL, is held out or on a snap count the first few weeks of the regular season. The Giants signed Devontae Booker, Corey Clement, and Ryquell Armstead as insurance if Barkley isn't ready for Week 1.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its a good move

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1 yr deal guys are looking smart
Because they can leverage themselves by NOT signing a LTD. Get those guaranteed over paid dollars on the 1 yr tag then jettison off to another team willing to pay top dollar for that position player. We have become all to familiar with this strategy. If BS wanted to be here, he would have already signed. By saying his agent will handle all matters concerning his contract tells me that Schreff camp, "will go to the highest bidder", not the team you casually say you want to come back to. If you wanted to be here, you would tell your agent you are about being here and team so get the best deal done here for me so I can stay with the team that drafted me. Unfortunately there is no loyalty (on either side) and this is why moving on after 1 yr tags has become more and more popular with players these days. Get it why you can I guess...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they can leverage themselves by NOT signing a LTD. Get those guaranteed over paid dollars on the 1 yr tag then jettison off to another team willing to pay top dollar for that position player. We have become all to familiar with this strategy. If BS wanted to be here, he would have already signed. By saying his agent will handle all matters concerning his contract tells me that Schreff camp, "will go to the highest bidder", not the team you casually say you want to come back to. If you wanted to be here, you would tell your agent you are about being here and team so get the best deal done here for me so I can stay with the team that drafted me. Unfortunately there is no loyalty (on either side) and this is why moving on after 1 yr tags has become more and more popular with players these days. Get it why you can I guess...
No one has loyalty . BS could have other motivations other then money , perhaps winning a super bowl would be one . I think the FO doesn’t want him back much like KC . Sooner or later we will have to learn to resign our own guys

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has loyalty . BS could have other motivations other then money , perhaps winning a super bowl would be one . I think the FO doesn’t want him back much like KC . Sooner or later we will have to learn to resign our own guys
I call BS dad. Of course EVERYONE in the organization wants BS back as do the fans. Its the money he is asking for, (oh, excuse me, the money his agent is asking for because BS says he is not involved in those discussions) that is the problem. Sure, pay him top dollar, not unheard of money to keep him. If BS truly wanted to stay here, he would tell his agent as much and to get a deal done, period! BS is like every other player, its about the money not the team as those days are long gone when guys (Brady is the exception) would play for the team they love and the chemistry created over the years. Remember, we are talking the difference between playing for the team that drafted you at 16.5m per year or 19m per year not pennies on the dollar.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Scherff stay but not at that money. Just too much for a guard. You pay tackles a shit ton but not so much for guards.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call BS dad. Of course EVERYONE in the organization wants BS back as do the fans. Its the money he is asking for, (oh, excuse me, the money his agent is asking for because BS says he is not involved in those discussions) that is the problem. Sure, pay him top dollar, not unheard of money to keep him. If BS truly wanted to stay here, he would tell his agent as much and to get a deal done, period! BS is like every other player, its about the money not the team as those days are long gone when guys (Brady is the exception) would play for the team they love and the chemistry created over the years. Remember, we are talking the difference between playing for the team that drafted you at 16.5m per year or 19m per year not pennies on the dollar.
I don’t think so . If they did they would pay market value for an o/ lineman ( position on the o/line aren’t divided up )
. I also think the new tv contracts and such have an influence on salary and players were / are wary of committing long term before the cap was in place .
In the case of KC the team could have resigned him for waaaaay less early on but BA. Nixed the deal .
So if I am paying BS top dollar at OG but paying below market value at LT and center who gives crap ? All you are doing is reallocating supposed higher tackle money and giving it to an elite OG instead of paying the OT market value . I bet Leno’s salary 5 mil this year is way off the top guys at his position .
So yes it’s the team who decides what resources they want to allocate and where it’s allocated .
Truly wanting to stay here doesn’t mean you have to accept less then market value . Now BS can misunderstand what that value is but it doesn’t mean he “ doesn’t want to be here “ it means he wants to be here at what he considers a fair price.
Remember BS played at PB level at a reduced salary do to the CBA . Maybe he feels he out performed that contract and wants to recoup some of the “ lost wages “ .
In the end the team will decide whether it feels keeping an all pro OG. Can be replaced by above avg or avg and keep the team moving forward
Right now the team needs to ask is if BS is entering or has just entered his prime
If yes they have contract options that can be done such as high guarantees early and voidable yrs at the end and meet his price

we dont know what BS is asking for in terms of how the contract will be structured

I am pretty sure the team doesn’t want another year of a fully guaranteed contract. I doubt BS cares about that and would love the full guarantee

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this happens a lot . those big contracts arent always so big and sometimes you price yourself out of a job

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think so . If they did they would pay market value for an o/ lineman ( position on the o/line aren’t divided up )
. I also think the new tv contracts and such have an influence on salary and players were / are wary of committing long term before the cap was in place .
In the case of KC the team could have resigned him for waaaaay less early on but BA. Nixed the deal .
So if I am paying BS top dollar at OG but paying below market value at LT and center who gives crap ? All you are doing is reallocating supposed higher tackle money and giving it to an elite OG instead of paying the OT market value . I bet Leno’s salary 5 mil this year is way off the top guys at his position .
So yes it’s the team who decides what resources they want to allocate and where it’s allocated .
Truly wanting to stay here doesn’t mean you have to accept less then market value . Now BS can misunderstand what that value is but it doesn’t mean he “ doesn’t want to be here “ it means he wants to be here at what he considers a fair price.
Remember BS played at PB level at a reduced salary do to the CBA . Maybe he feels he out performed that contract and wants to recoup some of the “ lost wages “ .
In the end the team will decide whether it feels keeping an all pro OG. Can be replaced by above avg or avg and keep the team moving forward
Right now the team needs to ask is if BS is entering or has just entered his prime
If yes they have contract options that can be done such as high guarantees early and voidable yrs at the end and meet his price

we dont know what BS is asking for in terms of how the contract will be structured

I am pretty sure the team doesn’t want another year of a fully guaranteed contract. I doubt BS cares about that and would love the full guarantee
I feel like I am talking out of both sides of my mouth sort of because I was so supportive of signing Cousin's. Huge difference in position though.

It is part of today's game that I don't enjoy. I miss when you could keep the guys you wanted to keep for a career.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I am talking out of both sides of my mouth sort of because I was so supportive of signing Cousin's. Huge difference in position though.

It is part of today's game that I don't enjoy. I miss when you could keep the guys you wanted to keep for a career.

There is a huge difference between paying a QB and a OG.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm all for signing him LT but afraid injuries will creep up.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we arent comparing salaries for OG and QB , its between OT and OG as far as salary goes

the KC part comes in when it comes to not paying market value the first time , then the 2nd time and ultimately the 3rd time

if i am the FO i would let BS hit the market and see if we can match a reasonable offer , if its "no " then its plan " B"

i have a feeling he is overestimating his market but i still maintain we have the cap space to resign our key players ( yes all of them ) and now its whether the team wants to pay for them , if they are hitting their collective primes , and whether they want to curtail huge spending in FA and rely on the draft for upgrades and depth

i think alot will hinge on what kind of team we have coming out after this season . if we make the playoffs and look like we can contend for a super bowl then perhaps we go with the plan above . if not we may go another direction

we have to make sure we are hitting on the majority of our draft picks

of course the ever present qb situation is in play as well

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3