• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Head Coaches

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I would say bot Harbaughs, Mike Tomlin, Coughlin, Payton & Dark Lord Belichick deserve to be named as the best head coaches in the game. That's my top 6. The only guy on that list of whom I'm not sure is John Harbaugh because he's always had top 4 talent.

Jeff Fisher, Mike Shannahan & Mike McCarthy are next on the list IMO. Maybe Pete Carroll too. Maybe.

Who are some coaches who haven't won much yet in whom you have a lot of faith?

First on my up & comer list would be Nick Saban. ...What? He's not an NFL head coach? Oh yeah. But it's only a matter of time IMO. He seems like a Belichick clone. If I were a Cowboys fan, I would be calling for the Ginger's head & screaming for Saban the way I was calling for Singletary's head & screaming for Harbaugh. He'll make more money in the NFL, and that's why it's only a matter of time IMO.

Chip Kelly is going to succeed in the NFL IMO.

I think Andy Reid will do well in KC.

Who are some of your favourites?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lovie smith deserves on that list imo.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say bot Harbaughs, Mike Tomlin, Coughlin, Payton & Dark Lord Belichick deserve to be named as the best head coaches in the game. That's my top 6. The only guy on that list of whom I'm not sure is John Harbaugh because he's always had top 4 talent.

Jeff Fisher, Mike Shannahan & Mike McCarthy are next on the list IMO. Maybe Pete Carroll too. Maybe.

Who are some coaches who haven't won much yet in whom you have a lot of faith?

First on my up & comer list would be Nick Saban. ...What? He's not an NFL head coach? Oh yeah. But it's only a matter of time IMO. He seems like a Belichick clone. If I were a Cowboys fan, I would be calling for the Ginger's head & screaming for Saban the way I was calling for Singletary's head & screaming for Harbaugh. He'll make more money in the NFL, and that's why it's only a matter of time IMO.

Chip Kelly is going to succeed in the NFL IMO.

I think Andy Reid will do well in KC.

Who are some of your favourites?

Time will tell. I vehemently disagree on this one. I think he'll be out of the league before the 2015 draft.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not including the ones you mentioned (in no order)....

I love Rex Ryan but I have had a very difficult time of saying too many good/positive things about the people he's had around him to work with.

Chuck Pagano. Losing Arians was a substantial hit (not that they won't keep on rolling). They went from having one of my least favorite organizational structures and one of my least favorite offensive and defensive systems to having one of my favorite organizational structures and one of my favorite offensive and defensive systems.

On Arians. I've liked Arians as a candidate for a while and being able to hold onto Keim and promoting him to GM was first a steal to keep him and then a very smart looking move in my opinion. A number of his staff hirings made me scratch my head and on the surface I really thought his staff would have alot more sizzle to it but we'll see if I'm wrong on that one.

I always liked Gary Kubiak. Although, I do have to admit that I thought that move would pan out much better than it appears to have panned out so far.

I've never liked McCarthy as a HC in GB. As a man and the way he carries himself at times is very impressive but I wouldn't put him up there as one of the best in the NFL.

Coughlin has benefited greatly in my opinion from excellent people around him in my opinion. Not to diminish him too much as a coach because I don't think he should be downgraded greatly. I just think that structure and some of the people surrounding him have been very good (Marc Ross being one).

Shanahan has come down a couple notches for me lately. I'm not a big fan of his staff anymore like he had in Denver. I think that's hurt him. I don't have quite as much respect for Fisher as I once did either but that's only by a little bit.

Tomlin is my favorite head coach in the NFL.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides most of the coaches mentioned above, I think Mike Smith is a pretty good coach. I also think Chip Kelly is going to do some good things.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And one more thing before I go to bed. Thank goodness the 49ers made the Super Bowl for another reason - Greg Roman. If he'd have been available to interview earlier I think there's a very good chance he'd have been hired somewhere. It's only a matter of time before he's out the door and I think he has a chance to be a fantastic HC. My only major question with him is the type of staff he'll be able to put together in the NFL. Don't have a great feel on that one.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok, one last thing. I'm mildly curious to see how Marc Trestman will do in the NFL, too. I like some of the things I've gathered on him but haven't followed him closely enough to have too much of a profile on him. The arrow is pointing upward on him. Can't say alot about his staff yet either, though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ok, one last thing. I'm mildly curious to see how Marc Trestman will do in the NFL

Totally with you on Roman, and the Niners are lucky to have him one more season.

Marc Trestman is an NFL head coach? I thought he was a Supreme Court Justice.

marctrestmanruthbadergi.jpg

P.S. I did not find this on the internet; I just saw him & couldn't help but notice a resemblance. :)

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally with you on Roman, and the Niners are lucky to have him one more season.

Marc Trestman is an NFL head coach? I thought he was a Supreme Court Justice.

marctrestmanruthbadergi.jpg

P.S. I did not find this on the internet; I just saw him & couldn't help but notice a resemblance. :)

THIS is the guy who Young raved about? THIS guy?

Never saw him before. If you ran into him at the mall would you think, "This guy KNOWS football?"

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And one more thing before I go to bed. Thank goodness the 49ers made the Super Bowl for another reason - Greg Roman. If he'd have been available to interview earlier I think there's a very good chance he'd have been hired somewhere. It's only a matter of time before he's out the door and I think he has a chance to be a fantastic HC. My only major question with him is the type of staff he'll be able to put together in the NFL. Don't have a great feel on that one.

I think that if he doesn't have many, he'd lean towards people here, (if they can get out) and that would deplete us more - though I have confidence in our GM and HC to recruit someone else who's good (at least those Roman took).