• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR, Kenny Lawler out of Cal is an interesting option remaining as well... Not sure where K.Lockette is regarding his comeback from his neck injury... Lawler won't replace him on ST's but it leaves another opening at the WR spot...

Our last few picks will probably be CB/S and a OL prospect that currently plays DL...

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR, Kenny Lawler out of Cal is an interesting option remaining as well... Not sure where K.Lockette is regarding his comeback from his neck injury... Lawler won't replace him on ST's but it leaves another opening at the WR spot...

Our last few picks will probably be CB/S and a OL prospect that currently plays DL...

Good call AO

He is now a Seahawk

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see us running a ball controlled offense as much as people seem to think... It has been evolving over the last year or so imo...

The offense has evolved. But that doesnt mean theyve moved away from ball control.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:thumb: Nice call on Lawler.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am going to go with the proven track record that JS and PC have in developing players and diagnosing the players skill set. Do they always get it right? no but they have only put together a team that has had 4 straight seasons with double digit wins and brought us to 2 Superbowls.

They haven't done a very good job at drafting for the RB position. I don't like the pick. That's my opinion. He just seems too raw for a 3rd rounder. Hopefully he works out.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm totally comparing him mono e mono... Warner's rap was he was a fumbler and continued to fumble in the NFL... Good thing the team didn't hold that against him and pass on him...

Warner was a total stud in college. There's a huge difference there. They knew the bad but he demonstrated the upside over two full seasons with a CFB HOF career. You take the good with the bad and there was obviously a lot of good with Warner. This guys raw.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't done a very good job at drafting for the RB position. I don't like the pick. That's my opinion. He just seems too raw for a 3rd rounder. Hopefully he works out.

They havent been all that good at drafting offense at all

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everything have to be an argument here? Somebody posts something remotely negative and an inquisition breaks out. I like this draft. I hope things pan out and we make another SB run. The offense has been neglected in the draft since Carroll has been here and they're finally addressing it. The upside of Prosise is obviously the fact that he's a converted WR and obviously can catch the ball.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel really good about this draft. It's obvious what Pete and Schneider is doing.... They want to get that hunger back and have guys compete as hell to make this team. With all the RB's they drafted something tells me Rawls injuries may be more serious than we thought or they're not 100% sold on him and just want the tough competition.

We also bolstered both sides of the ball, so i really like that.

Overall, i think they're trying to get that hunger back and pretty much reinforced to me they still want that run first mentality.

Goos draft imo.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Seattle sign Adams as a UDFA. Give the guy a shot!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted this on the Rams boards, thought I'd leave this here for you guys too...

Seattle Seahawks
Positions of Need: OL; CB; DL
Need
Drafted

Needs Analysis: The Seahawks' porous offensive line is in even worse shape after the loss of Russell Okung. If the Seahawks want to keep their Super Bowl "window of opportunity" open, they might have to address offensive tackle in the first round. The loss of Brandon Mebane hurts in the middle of the defensive line, and the loss of Bruce Irvin's speed off the edge is a concern as well. Seattle did a god job of building its defensive front through the draft and will need to do that once again. Seattle covets play-making secondary players and adding new cornerback depth at some point would make sense.

Round 1, Pick 32 (31) (From Broncos) Germain Ifedi OG 6'6" 324 Texas A&M 5.8

Pick Analysis:
"He was announced as a tackle, but some people like him inside at guard. He's massive and powerful, but I question his technique. He's a bit of a waist-bender. Whether he plays tackle or guard, he will be coached by one of the best in the business in Tom Cable. This is a really good pick for a team that needs offensive linemen." -- Mike Mayock

Round 2, Pick 18 (49) (From Bears through Bills) Jarran Reed DT 6'3" 307 Alabama 6.1

Pick Analysis: "Talk about value, this was my 13th-rated player in the draft. He is always working forward with that powerful base and dominates against the run." -- Daniel Jeremiah

Round 3, Pick 27 (90) C.J. Prosise RB 6'0" 220 Notre Dame 5.5

Pick Analysis:
"Prosise is a former wide receiver, and Pete Carroll likes players with unique skill sets. He could be a special back in this league." -- NFL Media analyst Michael Robinson

Round 3, Pick 32 (94) (From Broncos) Nick Vannett TE 6'6" 257 Ohio St. 5.7

Pick Analysis: "He's a made player. His first two years weren't very good, but in the last two years he was phenomenal. He has very good size and is a good route runner." -- Ohio State coach Urban Meyer

Round 3, Pick 35 (97) (Compensatory Selection) Rees Odhiambo OG 6'4" 314 Boise St. 5.4

Pick Analysis: "Tom Cable is going to love this guy. I have two issues with him. One, durability. Two, I don't know where to play him. Cable will love him because he's athletic,and he can turn these type of guys into good football players." -- Mike Mayock

Round 5, Pick 8 (147) (From Patriots through Dolphins) Quinton Jefferson DT 6'4" 291 Maryland 5.1

Pick Analysis: Jefferson is a 1-gapper who rotated along Maryland's 34 front. There is some uncertainty with the future of Seattle's defensive front so this is a depth pick as well as a future investment. --Mark Dulgerian

Round 5, Pick 34 (171) (Compensatory Selection) Alex Collins RB 5'10" 217 Arkansas 5.5

Pick Analysis: Collins fits what Seattle likes in it's runners-a downhill, power-back with enough speed to break through the 2nd level. Their RB depth is shaky so Collins should get plenty of opportunity to contribute early. --Mark Dulgerian

Round 6, Pick 40 (215) (Compensatory Selection) Joey Hunt C 6'0" 295 TCU 4.8

Pick Analysis: Tom Cable has a set of kids to mold into his scheme. Hunt has size deficiencies but he's the type of mobile blocker Cable can work with. --Mark Dulgerian

Round 7, Pick 22 (243) (From Patriots through Texans) Kenny Lawler WR 6'2" 203 California 5.4

Round 7, Pick 26 (247) Zac Brooks RB 6'1" 200 Clemson --

briwas83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted this on the Rams boards, thought I'd leave this here for you guys too...

Seattle Seahawks
Positions of Need: OL; CB; DL
Need
Drafted

Needs Analysis: The Seahawks' porous offensive line is in even worse shape after the loss of Russell Okung. If the Seahawks want to keep their Super Bowl "window of opportunity" open, they might have to address offensive tackle in the first round. The loss of Brandon Mebane hurts in the middle of the defensive line, and the loss of Bruce Irvin's speed off the edge is a concern as well. Seattle did a god job of building its defensive front through the draft and will need to do that once again. Seattle covets play-making secondary players and adding new cornerback depth at some point would make sense.

Round 1, Pick 32 (31) (From Broncos) Germain Ifedi OG 6'6" 324 Texas A&M 5.8

Pick Analysis:
"He was announced as a tackle, but some people like him inside at guard. He's massive and powerful, but I question his technique. He's a bit of a waist-bender. Whether he plays tackle or guard, he will be coached by one of the best in the business in Tom Cable. This is a really good pick for a team that needs offensive linemen." -- Mike Mayock

Round 2, Pick 18 (49) (From Bears through Bills) Jarran Reed DT 6'3" 307 Alabama 6.1

Pick Analysis: "Talk about value, this was my 13th-rated player in the draft. He is always working forward with that powerful base and dominates against the run." -- Daniel Jeremiah

Round 3, Pick 27 (90) C.J. Prosise RB 6'0" 220 Notre Dame 5.5

Pick Analysis:
"Prosise is a former wide receiver, and Pete Carroll likes players with unique skill sets. He could be a special back in this league." -- NFL Media analyst Michael Robinson

Round 3, Pick 32 (94) (From Broncos) Nick Vannett TE 6'6" 257 Ohio St. 5.7

Pick Analysis: "He's a made player. His first two years weren't very good, but in the last two years he was phenomenal. He has very good size and is a good route runner." -- Ohio State coach Urban Meyer

Round 3, Pick 35 (97) (Compensatory Selection) Rees Odhiambo OG 6'4" 314 Boise St. 5.4

Pick Analysis: "Tom Cable is going to love this guy. I have two issues with him. One, durability. Two, I don't know where to play him. Cable will love him because he's athletic,and he can turn these type of guys into good football players." -- Mike Mayock

Round 5, Pick 8 (147) (From Patriots through Dolphins) Quinton Jefferson DT 6'4" 291 Maryland 5.1

Pick Analysis: Jefferson is a 1-gapper who rotated along Maryland's 34 front. There is some uncertainty with the future of Seattle's defensive front so this is a depth pick as well as a future investment. --Mark Dulgerian

Round 5, Pick 34 (171) (Compensatory Selection) Alex Collins RB 5'10" 217 Arkansas 5.5

Pick Analysis: Collins fits what Seattle likes in it's runners-a downhill, power-back with enough speed to break through the 2nd level. Their RB depth is shaky so Collins should get plenty of opportunity to contribute early. --Mark Dulgerian

Round 6, Pick 40 (215) (Compensatory Selection) Joey Hunt C 6'0" 295 TCU 4.8

Pick Analysis: Tom Cable has a set of kids to mold into his scheme. Hunt has size deficiencies but he's the type of mobile blocker Cable can work with. --Mark Dulgerian

Round 7, Pick 22 (243) (From Patriots through Texans) Kenny Lawler WR 6'2" 203 California 5.4

Round 7, Pick 26 (247) Zac Brooks RB 6'1" 200 Clemson --
They addressed both sides of the line, which was an absolute must.

The OL picks will be competing for starting spots, but unfortunately none stand out as definite day 1 starters. I said i would be satisfied with 1 new starter and 1 backup upgrade, and it looks like that's about what we will get.

Reed on the DL looks to be a lock for joining the rotation. Safest pick of the draft.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everything have to be an argument here?

If it isn't the universe will implode in a dense ball of super-dense irony.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it isn't the universe will implode in a dense ball of super-dense irony.

Whatever dude. I didn't like the pick. Now it turns to this. You win, every pick is an A+ You honestly don't see how responses like that can kind of contribute to arguments? Maybe an intsy-bintsy bit?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever dude. I didn't like the pick. Now it turns to this. You win, every pick is an A+ You honestly don't see how responses like that can kind of contribute to arguments? Maybe an intsy-bintsy bit?

You read way too much into my response. My bad. It was more in the vein of 'it's the interwebs.' Not 'its you.' Why is everything an argument on Hoop?

It just is.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FYI, I wasn't even close to arguing so I'm not sure why you believe that to be the case...