• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Draft Selection - Guest Presenters

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or did this go from 0 to fucking 189 this year? This is so cringey and awful.

I feel like this really all just happened this year. It wasn't that long ago where most every pick was Goodell and then you'd get a military veteran, make a wish kid, legacy from the franchise about to make their pick, etc. mixed in here and there. Also, even the guests would mostly just read the pick. These guys are making this entirely about themselves with entire prearranged stage or comedy acts. It's so self indulgent and completely takes away from what this is about. IMO

Imagine you work all your life for this one moment. Your name to be read in the NFL draft. Then, some video game streamer in body armor, a spandex, and a mullet comes on in sunglasses and reads it in some fucked up awkward robot voice. Or somebody makes it their dumb little comedy routine. Your name becomes a total sideshow.

Yuck... I don't need it to be completely stiff. But this is way too much.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or did this go from 0 to fucking 189 this year? This is so cringey and awful.

I feel like this really all just happened this year. It wasn't that long ago where most every pick was Goodell and then you'd get a military veteran, make a wish kid, legacy from the franchise about to make their pick, etc. mixed in here and there. Also, even the guests would mostly just read the pick. These guys are making this entirely about themselves with entire prearranged stage or comedy acts. It's so self indulgent and completely takes away from what this is about. IMO

Imagine you work all your life for this one moment. Your name to be read in the NFL draft. Then, some video game streamer in body armor, a spandex, and a mullet comes on in sunglasses and reads it in some fucked up awkward robot voice. Or somebody makes it their dumb little comedy routine. Your name becomes a total sideshow.

Yuck... I don't need it to be completely stiff. But this is way too much.
Hit the mute button?
Yes, it sucks. The NFL is grasping at straws to improve the draft presentation.
At least you didn't have a drunk coach that traded away all his early picks laughing at your 1st pick?

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me miss Gene Washington all the more

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hit the mute button?
Yes, it sucks. The NFL is grasping at straws to improve the draft presentation.
At least you didn't have a drunk coach that traded away all his early picks laughing at your 1st pick?
I shouldn't have to hit the mute button over the announcement of a football team drafting a football player. lol. It shouldn't be that obnoxious. Not even close. Imagine suggesting that to somebody even just a few years ago. They would have been so confused.

And yeah... the NFL just continues to be so out of touch with things. They loosen the reigns and say "everybody have fun!" in all the places we don't want. Then, they clamp down in a militant fashion on things we view as a waste of time. They probably viewed this as a way to get young people to tune in. Even if you're a teenager and into video game streamers... you're not tuning into the NFL draft to see him read a 3rd round draft pick. Jesus. That's not broadening your audience. Not to mention, most of the "comedian/actors" I had never heard of.

And I mean... hey... we're the Bears. So, we didn't even have a 1st round pick. Then, we spent both of our 2nd round picks on our secondary. Because that's really the priority right now after so many years of suffering offensively and you have a young QB with no line or WR's.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Vegas, so they brought out a lot of the over the hill acts like Wayne Newton and Chris Angel spinning for some reason.

The NFL Network dude announcing the Bills pick was great and the old Vikings fuck who had to be played off was hilarious.

More of this nonsense please!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Vegas, so they brought out a lot of the over the hill acts like Wayne Newton and Chris Angel spinning for some reason.

The NFL Network dude announcing the Bills pick was great and the old Vikings fuck who had to be played off was hilarious.

More of this nonsense please!
The Viking getting the hook was the highlight of the night!
Most of the rest of the "stuff" stunk.....

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire thing has turned into a clown show. As if the Vikings fans didn't have enough to be embarrassed about with their picks we had the Ed Marinaro experience, that was beyond embarrassing.