• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports LT Trent Williams is "firmly" in the team's 2020 plans.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports LT Trent Williams is "firmly" in the team's 2020 plans.
Per Rapsheet, new coach Ron Rivera has "not yet met" with his disgruntled left tackle, but that the new regime "considers him part of the team." Ex-GM Bruce Allen apparently remained dead set on trading Williams. The well would seem to be too poisoned here after Williams held out in 2019 and the team refused to pay him upon his return, but as Rapsheet points out, the Redskins have brought in a new training staff. That was one of Williams' primary beefs, while he seemed to blame Allen more than owner Daniel Snyder.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Feb 6, 2020, 2:10 PM ET

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it happens I will buy it

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF he has no beef with Synder then why not.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm split on the Williams situation, in case anyone has missed it, there's a youth movement afoot in D.C and as such trading him is my first instinctive position.

On the other hand, there's a young QB to protect and leaving that to another albeit promising young (drafted) player is a potentially risky undertaking.

Trent Williams has been a monstrous mainstay, when healthy for us, as you all know by now my position is and remains, upgrade, upgrade, upgrade! If this organization is convinced that the player they'll acquire has a baseline that meets what Trent has given, with a greater upside, then wish Trent well, make the trade, and let's move on. Anything less than an upgrade and I say keep him at whatever it costs to do so, but also draft wisely with an eye towards next season.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this has to be one of the first priorities of the team. I am also torn on Trent for the reasons that Sty states above. If we can get him to come back at his existing salary or re do his deal so that he can retire a Redskin without us eating a huge contract, then welcome him back. But if this is really about money and he wants a big paycheck, trade his ass. We need to figure this out soon so we know what we need to do come draft day and FA signings. It may make a difference if we have to trade around to pick up a second to find his replacement or we can use a later pick to take more of an outlier.

Ron, get on a plane to Oklahoma, houston, or wherever he is and solve this shit hole Bruce left you.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True institutional reform might be RR saying, “I’m in charge, and we’ve done what you asked - fired BA, fired the training staff. Call players who played for me, and talk to them. If you are willing to play for me after that, I’ll give you a week to commit to it, at your current salary, or else I’m going to trade you to the highest bidder. Trent, the ball is in your court..... for one week.”

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skimming thru this report, i believe anyone of us in this forum could have written that.
It doesn't really give any new eye opening information and the plans could include dealing him as soon as a 1st, 2nd or multiple picks are thrown the team's way.

I believe Trent can still play at a high level much like witworth did with the rams, but if the price isn't right for both sides or a solid offer for a player or picks comes along, i wish him the best elsewhere

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skimming thru this report, i believe anyone of us in this forum could have written that.
It doesn't really give any new eye opening information and the plans could include dealing him as soon as a 1st, 2nd or multiple picks are thrown the team's way.

I believe Trent can still play at a high level much like witworth did with the rams, but if the price isn't right for both sides or a solid offer for a player or picks comes along, i wish him the best elsewhere
I could live with this either way...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see Dwayne Haskins say you didn’t want to play last season, I don’t want you guarding my blindside this season.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for Dwayne Haskins to say, “Hey big fella. We’re undoubtedly a better team with you here than not. How about you let bygones be bygones, come back to play, protect my blindside, and lets’s win some games?”