• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL bubble?

Dalton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why the NFL hasn't looked into this yet.

The NFL does have more people associated with each team(players, coaches, staff) than the NBA, but a bubble would not be that difficult, or at least not that much more difficult than what the NBA is doing.

The NBA has 346 players in one bubble.

If the NFL were to use eight bubbles, that would be less players per bubble than the NBA bubble.

If the NFL were to use four bubbles, that would be 552 players per bubble, bigger than the currrent NBA bubble, but hardly a pipe dream.

I personally like the four bubble idea. A ten game regular season with three teams from each bubble going to the playoffs...to be played in another bubble a few weeks later.

I understand that the whole thing would be a logistical nightmare, but it's not like there is anything else that is going to work.

I say bring on bubbled football. :suds:

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why the NFL hasn't looked into this yet.

The NFL does have more people associated with each team(players, coaches, staff) than the NBA, but a bubble would not be that difficult, or at least not that much more difficult than what the NBA is doing.

The NBA has 346 players in one bubble.

If the NFL were to use eight bubbles, that would be less players per bubble than the NBA bubble.

If the NFL were to use four bubbles, that would be 552 players per bubble, bigger than the currrent NBA bubble, but hardly a pipe dream.

I personally like the four bubble idea. A ten game regular season with three teams from each bubble going to the playoffs...to be played in another bubble a few weeks later.

I understand that the whole thing would be a logistical nightmare, but it's not like there is anything else that is going to work.

I say bring on bubbled football. :suds:
I see the following issues:
Would haveto be at turf fields, because the grass fields could not hold up to that much gameplay.

They'd have to be extremely careful about game times. I guess they could yo-yo between Saturday and Sunday since there won't be much CFB, but even then you'd be putting people at a disadvantage with some teams getting an extra day off.

Don't think they would try it. Maybe they go the bubble route for the playoffs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bubble is only as strong as it's weakest link...