• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC West Predictions 2018

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Green Bay game going either way. I can't see them successfully stopping the Seahawks rushing attack, but I also can't see the Seahawks stopping their pass attack. It could be a "last one with the ball wins" situation.

The emergence of Aaron Jones also gives their offense a little more balance. He's a really talented back. I'm sure 80 is wanting to make an impact too.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know PC wants to run the ball but that GB secondary might be a tad worse than Philly so throw the damn playbook out and air it out early, get some quick points and then run the ball which makes play action deadly again.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this week really couldn't have gone too much better for our playoff chances as Carolina, Washington, Minnesota, Philly, and Atlanta all lost. Other playoff contenders Detroit, GB, and Dallas are all teams we've beaten as well.

Carolina has looked pretty poor their last 2 games. Their sense of urgency should ramp up for the game with us, but they look very beatable right now. Plus, Cam hurt his knee in yesterday's game; he was able to return, but you figure it is still going to be sore and affect him at least a little on Sunday.

Vikings didn't look good to me at all last night, especially up front on offense. At one point they had 13 carries for 16 yards. Cousins was under siege.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stat nerds say we have the 5th easiest remaining schedule. Assuming we take care of business vs Cards & Niners, that's 3 wins and puts us at 8. 2 of the 3 vs Carolina, Minn, and KC are at home. If we can buck up and muscle out a win this Sunday, 10-6 looks pretty good again. Vikings don't scare me much, and it's quite possible KC has their position all locked up by Week 16.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stat nerds say we have the 5th easiest remaining schedule. Assuming we take care of business vs Cards & Niners, that's 3 wins and puts us at 8. 2 of the 3 vs Carolina, Minn, and KC are at home. If we can buck up and muscle out a win this Sunday, 10-6 looks pretty good again. Vikings don't scare me much, and it's quite possible KC has their position all locked up by Week 16.

a win by KC would have helped to push them farther up seeing as the Chargers had lost and would have gave KC a bigger cushion. Making the "rest em" come into play more likely but meh it is what it is. I think the Hawks could put 30+ on that defense, and the Hawks Defense will be almost at 100% when they play KC if no one gets hurt from now till then.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a win by KC would have helped to push them farther up seeing as the Chargers had lost and would have gave KC a bigger cushion. Making the "rest em" come into play more likely but meh it is what it is. I think the Hawks could put 30+ on that defense, and the Hawks Defense will be almost at 100% when they play KC if no one gets hurt from now till then.
Will be interesting to see how KC's offense responds when the weather turns a bit. Or when they play in a tough road environment like C-link.

I think the Rams won last night in large part because they could pressure Mahomes with just the front 4 (also a big reason we crushed Denver in the SB). I am not sure if our DL can do that well enough to beat them, but I'm confident it will be a much different game than what we saw last night.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what happens, I think the Seahawks are getting a full game of KC's regulars week 16. It may be a watered down playbook, but assuming they get a bye in the playoffs, I can't see them giving their regulars significant rest 3 weeks in a row. They'll probably play a full game against Seattle and then play the first half in week 17, if I were to guess.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see how KC's offense responds when the weather turns a bit. Or when they play in a tough road environment like C-link.

I think the Rams won last night in large part because they could pressure Mahomes with just the front 4 (also a big reason we crushed Denver in the SB). I am not sure if our DL can do that well enough to beat them, but I'm confident it will be a much different game than what we saw last night.

well they will be facing the #11 defense not the #29th in the league. Just need the offense to be perfect and beating KC is possible, not likely but still possible.

Just saw a interesting stat line. 51 teams have started the season 10-1 but only 14 of those teams have ever won the Superbowl ( 27% ). Why? Defense. Neither KC or the Rams have one.

Unless something major changes between now and then the Hawks offense should be able to put 30 on KC but the key is can they stop that offense? I think they do a better job of that than the Rams did. A better job means less than 50 but can they hold them down enough to allow a lower scoring offense like the Hawks to win? Should be a interesting game. Or a blow out lol.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting… Mahomes is turnover prone in close games... Against the Pats and Rams, he had 7 TO's... If we can put pressure on him, he'll turn it over...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well they will be facing the #11 defense not the #29th in the league. Just need the offense to be perfect and beating KC is possible, not likely but still possible.

Yep, the Hawks are currently the 8th ranked scoring defense at 21.6 per game, and that is despite having to face the Rams twice already. The Rams are tied for 22nd with Miami at 25.6.

Just saw a interesting stat line. 51 teams have started the season 10-1 but only 14 of those teams have ever won the Superbowl ( 27% ). Why? Defense. Neither KC or the Rams have one.

It is certainly better to have good defense than not, but there can also be only 1 SB winner a year. This year the Chiefs, Rams, and Saints all started 9-1 but it's a 100% certainty that at least 2/3 of those teams will not win the SB. And that would still be the case if they were ranked 1-2-3 in the league in defense. But I agree -- KC and Rams don't have good defenses. Saints are middle of the road, and that gives them the edge over the Rams; NO may also be the #1 seed.

Unless something major changes between now and then the Hawks offense should be able to put 30 on KC but the key is can they stop that offense? I think they do a better job of that than the Rams did. A better job means less than 50 but can they hold them down enough to allow a lower scoring offense like the Hawks to win? Should be a interesting game. Or a blow out lol.

The Hawks put up 30+ both times vs Rams, so I think they can be expected to have a reasonably good chance of doing that vs KC as well. Chiefs give up about 1 point per game more than LAR. I suppose it's possible the Hawks could get blown out, but that seems to be unlikely given how rare it happens and how the Rams weren't able to do it in either try.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-6 got a shot in the arm with yesterday's win. Take care of business vs AZ & SF and split in home games with Minn/KC, and there it is. If had a chance to bet on win totals right now on o/u 9.5, I'm definitely taking the over!

I think things are setting up for us to be the 5 seed and play the NFCE Champs in the wildcard round. That could be any team in that division but the Giants right now, and I like our chances against any of them.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two games that I disagreed with the 10-6 crowd on were Carolina and Minnesota. They won the first of those and I'm ready to admit that I overrated Minnesota. I don't understand how their defense is as lackluster as it is, but they haven't been all that good. That's a game that the Seahawks *should* win. I'm still worried about their passing attack against our DBs, but it's very winnable.

As long as there are no slip ups against the bottom feeders in the NFC West, a win against Minnesota will essentially clinch a playoff spot.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two games that I disagreed with the 10-6 crowd on were Carolina and Minnesota. They won the first of those and I'm ready to admit that I overrated Minnesota. I don't understand how their defense is as lackluster as it is, but they haven't been all that good. That's a game that the Seahawks *should* win. I'm still worried about their passing attack against our DBs, but it's very winnable.

As long as there are no slip ups against the bottom feeders in the NFC West, a win against Minnesota will essentially clinch a playoff spot.
I didn't see the Carolina game as a W before the season started, but I also didn't think we would be winless in the Denver, Chicago and LAC games. Happens every year -- you lose some you think you should win, and vice versa.

And yep, without a toe stubbing against the bottom feeders of the division, the 5 seed is very attainable.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams 15-1(1st seed. Losing Divisional to GB)
Seahawks 10-6( 6th seed. Losing to Philly in wildcard round)
49ers 9-7
Cards 5-11

this looks pretty good other than the 49ers pick... but we really don't know how their season would have been different with JG .... i don't think they would have been 9-7 from what we've seen from the rest of their team this season but maybe 6 or 7 wins?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this looks pretty good other than the 49ers pick... but we really don't know how their season would have been different with JG .... i don't think they would have been 9-7 from what we've seen from the rest of their team this season but maybe 6 or 7 wins?

Thanks.

It was made during the time Everyone was high on the 49ers. I agree that this is a below. 500 even with Jimmy Jeebus

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sleep on the Niners… Who'd thought the Cowboys would've not only beaten the Saints but hold them to a total of 10pts... Hawks have been giving up 5.8ypc on defense... If this isn't fixed, we won't help ourselves much against a bad team right now... All it takes is for the Hawks to have a bad start (See GB) game and it may not end up the same way... Don't chalk this up as a win yet... We still have to play the game... Our rush defense scares the daylights out of me...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sleep on the Niners… Who'd thought the Cowboys would've not only beaten the Saints but hold them to a total of 10pts... Hawks have been giving up 5.8ypc on defense... If this isn't fixed, we won't help ourselves much against a bad team right now... All it takes is for the Hawks to have a bad start (See GB) game and it may not end up the same way... Don't chalk this up as a win yet... We still have to play the game... Our rush defense scares the daylights out of me...
Spanked 'em. I guess some folks are wringing hands over some yards, but we tripled their net point differential for the season in that drubbing yesterday. The only team that beat them worse than us is the Rams. I'll take it!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spanked 'em. I guess some folks are wringing hands over some yards, but we tripled their net point differential for the season in that drubbing yesterday. The only team that beat them worse than us is the Rams. I'll take it!

Yeah, I saw the game... I feel the Niners got the bad end of a few calls that changed the tone of the game... That should not have been called a fumble at the GL... Had Niners had scored making it 13-7, could've been a different story... They pretty much went into a tail spin once that happened... Much different game plan had the game been 13-7 at that point instead of 20-0... Those were some very weak PI's they received as well... Obviously excited that we benefited from the calls but this game reminded me of our SB against the Steelers but in this case we were the Steelers when it came to benefiting from some very bad calls...

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Just beat Minny on Monday night.
Did you know that Cousins is 0-6 on Monday Night.

Go Hawks.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i had the Hawks at 7-8 wins. I went light because i expected more issues on the defense and i NEVER expected the oline to be THIS GOOD with only 1 offseason after Cable was released. WOW just goes to show JUST HOW BAD Cable was. Looks like they could end up with 10 wins.