• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC West Predictions 2018

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of that depends on Earl coming back or not... He would be a huge lift to the defense...
Earl isn't coming back. Hawks have set precedence in not caving into players who hold out. I believe they will trade him for at least a second rounder by the start of the season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl isn't coming back. Hawks have set precedence in not caving into players who hold out. I believe they will trade him for at least a second rounder by the start of the season.

If it's a total impasse, Earl has to come back for at least 6 games on the active roster in order for the season to toll. If not, he goes into 2019 still under contract here. So minus a trade or an extension, he's pretty much forced to come back to have any shot at free agency after the season.

My prediction right now is a trade happens but not until we get closer to the point where he must come back to have the season count. That way the team that is trading for him knows he's going to play, and even though the value is pretty much going to be peanuts (based on how good of a player he is), it's probably not much lower than what we would get for him right now. Who knows though. Earl is a total wildcard.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the team holds all the power. The star player wants to make more per season right away, but they ALSO don't want to forego an entire season of salary either. It's not like a year off puts their body in suspended animation or stasis. They're STILL a year older, and they're away from the game a whole year, so teams lose interest.

If Seattle stays firm, Earl comes back to camp late in the preseason, gets in a couple of practices, and suits up.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seahawks might not cave but Earl might, he's getting fined big time not showing up and he's under contract... I have a feeling something might get worked out at some point like we did with Kam ... I"m being optimistic of course...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks might not cave but Earl might, he's getting fined big time not showing up and he's under contract... I have a feeling something might get worked out at some point like we did with Kam ... I"m being optimistic of course...
Of course he will cave... the team has all the power and leverage. It is a poor decision on Earl's part just as it was with Kam. You wanna sit the entire season with fines and losing your salary... by all means.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If ET comes back for the final couple of weeks, those fines will get dropped.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the final couple weeks of the season ? All fines dropped ? What’s the point of the fines then ?

Preseason is what I should have added. If he's out till week 10 then those fines won't get dropped.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams 10-6
Seahawks 9-7
49ers 8-8
Cards 6-10

I think the Rams win the division but not as some super power house. To many NEW personalities. The 49ers still need to grow a little i think and Jimmy really is a unknown at QB for a full season. If he is everything the 49ers hope he is then they could be a 9-10 win team this year. Seahawks will have growing pains and i just do not think the offense will be good enough to make up for the growth the defense will need this season. Cards lose Bradford for the season in game 4, i hate saying that but this guy is more injury prone than our RB's have been these past few years.

My BOLD prediction will be the Hawks trade ET mid season for a 4th rounder. Yep we NEVER get what a player is worth EVER! The Seahawks won the lottery on the Joey Galloway deal and have lost ever since in most trades as far as value goes if you ask me. To bad the whole Thomas and Cowboys thing didn't happen in week 3 last year then maybe the Hawks could have got a 1st rounder for him before the trading deadline last season.

Last edited:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, we gotta fix right tackle. Ifedi has not improved with a new scene of OL coaching. He was getting ROASTED last night and Chargers only had 1/2 their D-Line starters in. He has ZERO footwork. He just kind of fades back, and then plants himself. Was really telling when we had a player (didn't catch who, but it was FB/TE/something) over on the right side to help Ifedi block Ingram... The FB/TE gets a chip block on Ingram as Ifedi drops WAY back, so Ingram slows down, and then accelerates and runs RIGHT around Ifedi who appears to be cemented into the ground. Did not result in a sack (incompletion, bit of an overthrow) but if Wilson had hung on another 0.5-1 second or so, sack for sure.

Can't agree with this enough. He was baaaaad.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ifedi is a average at best guard and at tackle he is bad. Never thought they drafted him to play tackle and as bad as he is there it sure makes his Guard play look so much better but that's not saying much. At guard he was serviceable at tackle he is going to kill this Offense and their QB. Move him back where he belongs and don't second guess your original thoughts of his play and all of a sudden think he CAN be a Tackle.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ifedi is a average at best guard and at tackle he is bad. Never thought they drafted him to play tackle and as bad as he is there it sure makes his Guard play look so much better but that's not saying much. At guard he was serviceable at tackle he is going to kill this Offense and their QB. Move him back where he belongs and don't second guess your original thoughts of his play and all of a sudden think he CAN be a Tackle.

Agreed there. I have been saying that Ifedi needs to be moved to guard all off-season. He is not a tackle. Quit trying to force the issue already!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams 10-6
Seahawks 9-7
49ers 8-8
Cards 6-10

I think the Rams win the division but not as some super power house. To many NEW personalities. The 49ers still need to grow a little i think and Jimmy really is a unknown at QB for a full season. If he is everything the 49ers hope he is then they could be a 9-10 win team this year. Seahawks will have growing pains and i just do not think the offense will be good enough to make up for the growth the defense will need this season. Cards lose Bradford for the season in game 4, i hate saying that but this guy is more injury prone than our RB's have been these past few years.

My BOLD prediction will be the Hawks trade ET mid season for a 4th rounder. Yep we NEVER get what a player is worth EVER! The Seahawks won the lottery on the Joey Galloway deal and have lost ever since in most trades as far as value goes if you ask me. To bad the whole Thomas and Cowboys thing didn't happen in week 3 last year then maybe the Hawks could have got a 1st rounder for him before the trading deadline last season.
For sure, we don't often trade away players but I though the Cassius Marsh trade was a win for us. That sir is most recent history.
When you think about it, never/ever is a pretty long time.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams: 10 or 11 wins
Seahawks: 9-7 if Earl plays the whole year, 7-9 if he holds out for 6 weeks (Yes, I do think he is that valuable to the D).
SF: 7 or 8 wins. Not buyin into the hype on them at all yet. We will see.
Cards: 5 wins. 'Nuff said!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure, we don't often trade away players but I though the Cassius Marsh trade was a win for us. That sir is most recent history.
When you think about it, never/ever is a pretty long time.

Marsh would help this team very much right now, we are hurting for edge rushers. Coleman has been a very good get though so yeah that worked out. Graham for Unger and a 1st round pick not so much. Remember we lost him for the season and he never was all that special for us until this last season when he caught 10 TD passes but other than those TD he was not helping the team in other area's ( Blocking was a joke ). Sherman walked with no comp for him, Bennett we got some "spot/rotation" type players and i feel that was not worth his value, would have rather had a 3rd round pick. P Richardson just lost and we wont get anything for him because of grabbing Brown. That might be a push if Brown can play at his best. Sheldon lost him also after giving up a lot for him. Kam and Avril we get zero for because of injury ending their career just like Ricardo Lockette. Earl is worth a mid 1st rounder end of story, he alone makes the back end one of the best in the NFL.

Most of the time i feel we over pay and then on the flip side we get under paid. It's no wonder the Pats have been good for so long and it isn't just because their Division is full of turd teams( Bills, Dolphins, Jets what a joke). Hawks would have won that division i bet 13-15 times in the last 17 years. NE seems to command kings ransom for players that are not worth what they get for them lol.

Last edited:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_nt7m7wkc881qij8uso3_500.gif

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marsh would help this team very much right now, we are hurting for edge rushers.

I don't feel he would be any better than the players we have on the team right now... I never felt like he was really productive... He's a Special Teamer who spells the starters at times... Patriots waived him right before Thanksgiving in '17 for a reason... He's on his 3rd team in 12 months...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Marsh had skills to contribute, but my biggest issue with him was the bonehead penalty. He loved to come and give QBs a love tap after the pass was gone, and him doing that a couple times or so in his final pre-season here was a big reason why we shipped him off, IMO. With MB, Avril, and Sheldon Richardson now gone from the DL and McDowell never getting on the field, a guy like Marsh could help the depth.

I don't feel he would be any better than the players we have on the team right now... I never felt like he was really productive... He's a Special Teamer who spells the starters at times... Patriots waived him right before Thanksgiving in '17 for a reason... He's on his 3rd team in 12 months...

Gotta be careful with that one though. Doug Baldwin wasn't invited to the combine for a reason. Richard Sherman was a 5th rounder for a reason. A punter was drafted ahead of Russell Wilson for a reason. Michael Bennett was undrafted for a reason. Tom Brady was the 199th pick overall for a reason. NFL history is littered with "for a reason" oversights.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with AO on Marsh. Meh.