• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Divisional - Dallas Cowboys vs. Los Angeles Rams

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know when these two teams met last year in Dallas I was there and Dak was running for his life. I was actually impressed at the way he kept getting away from Aaron Donald but the Rams the shut them out in the second half.

That’s said this Dallas defense is better and Amari Cooper is in the mix too. Rams got to stop the run and the Rams D needs to step up. Golf needs to play like a man. McVey needs to commit to the run

Last edited:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If:

Dallas can pressure Goff in his face and from the sides which I think they can do,

Smith and Vander Esche again play lights out which I believe they will,

Elliott gets his carries and his yards which I think he will against a soft run defence,

Dak doesn't drop the ball which is highly likely,

Dallas doesn't get shit penalties called on them which usually happens,

Dallas can win.

If:

None of the above happen which I don't think will be the case,

Dallas gets thumped.

But I'm going to be optimistic and say Dallas wins by 7.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know when these two teams met last year in Dallas I was there and Dak was running for his life. I was actually impressed at the way he kept getting away from Aaron Donald but the Rams the shut them out in the second half.

That’s said this Dallas defense is better and Amari Cooper is in the mix too. Rams got to stop the run and the Rams D needs to step up. Golf needs to play like a man. McVey needs to commit to the run

should be a good game....Wade schooled Dallas in the 2nd half last meeting....that and the fumbled punt helped greatly.

Dallas has 26 new players on their roster since they last played game.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that Gurley sat out a couple for his knee and really cooled off towards late season, is he going to be a difference maker?

Elliott looks locked and loaded.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that Gurley sat out a couple for his knee and really cooled off towards late season, is he going to be a difference maker?

Elliott looks locked and loaded.
I really don't think the Rams will rely on Gurley as much as the Cowboys will rely on Elliott. I think McVay will try to mix up the pass and run more than he did in the regular season.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think the Rams will rely on Gurley as much as the Cowboys will rely on Elliott. I think McVay will try to mix up the pass and run more than he did in the regular season.

But of course.

But Gurley is banged up no matter how little they use him. Or what they try to use him for.

And Elliott will run like a top. Burning precious minutes.

They the Dallas D gets in Goff's face like Philly and Chicago did and it's bad dream time for Rams fans.

Of course, I could be wrong...

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But of course.

But Gurley is banged up no matter how little they use him. Or what they try to use him for.

And Elliott will run like a top. Burning precious minutes.

They the Dallas D gets in Goff's face like Philly and Chicago did and it's bad dream time for Rams fans.

Of course, I could be wrong...
Yeah will we have to wait and see what happens. I like the Rams O-line and the way C.J. Anderson is running, but of course Dallas has a good O-line too. Should be a good game.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I not only wouldn't count out the Cowboys, I wouldn't count out any of the 4 visiting teams this weekend.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the playoffs and I never count out any team.
Yes, I realize I made a Capt Obvious statement. But the way I meant it was I honestly think all four 'underdogs' have a real shot at winning their respective games. It really wouldn't surprise me one bit if all four came out victorious. Not sure that's ever been done. Probably won't this go-around either, but I do believe they all have a really good shot.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I realize I made a Capt Obvious statement. But the way I meant it was I honestly think all four 'underdogs' have a real shot at winning their respective games. It really wouldn't surprise me one bit if all four came out victorious. Not sure that's ever been done. Probably won't this go-around either, but I do believe they all have a really good shot.

I've picked 3 of them to win.

But not the Chargers. I can see them struggling like the Rams did in Chicago in the bad weather/conditions.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to realize how shitty the Cowboys are on the road

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game will come down to which 3rd year QB brings his A game. The Cowboys D will limit the Rams ability to run the ball, I think so Goff will have to be sharp and get the ball into his play maker's hands quickly and in stride. Gurley may be more effective in the passing game than running. Goff can't afford any sloppy play.
Dak has played really well lately. Nobody can deny that but we will see. He won't be able to hold onto the ball very long or will need to get out of the pocket and use his legs. I have no doubt about Zeke. I can easily see him putting up 150 on this Rams D. Cowboys need to play the way they did last week and they need to score TD's when they get into the RZ. FG's aren't going to be enough. The Rams will score some points.
This rest for the Rams has allowed McVay and the staff a lot of extra game planning time and I'm sure they are ready but this is a tough match-up for them. To me, this game is too close to call but I have something at the back of my brain saying the Cowboys somehow pull this off in a close one.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've picked 3 of them to win.

But not the Chargers. I can see them struggling like the Rams did in Chicago in the bad weather/conditions.
Ironically, the Chargers is the team I feel pretty good about. I hate going against the Pats at home in the play-offs but this is a good match-up for the Chargers and the 8-1 (counting the WC) road record is legit.
I think both #1 seeds get through this weekend although the Colts will give the Chiefs all they can handle.

DarkKnight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Dallas pulls it off the upset, i do think it's a much better match up then going to NO to play in the dome.

But woosh, LA has a good team all around. Even the struggling defense has multiple players that can take over the game at any time. Should be a great game either way.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is this will be a close game that the Rams come out on top

Rams 27
Cowboys 23

I think the Rams have heard a lot about their DEF in the last couple of weeks...while I don't expect the Leopard to change spots this weekend, I do expect them to play inspired ball and keep DAL under 30 pts....Zeke maybe still go north of a 100 yds, but I don't think he's going to beat them.

LAR...30

DAL...24