• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Championship - Los Angeles Rams vs. New Orleans Saints

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you post just 1st qtr stats? Final stats;
Goff 25/40, 297 yards, TD and an INT, Rating 83
Brees 26/40, 249 yards, 2TDs and an INT, Rating 88.4

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you post just 1st qtr stats? Final stats;
Brees 26/40, 249 yards, 2TDs and an INT, Rating 88.4

Well it's a fact that Goff was having headset issues, he had to finally use the back up QBs helmet to hear what McVay was saying.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. It was exactly why they went after Dez. As washed as Dez is, he is better than anything they have on the roster after Thomas
They should invest in some of those little white dwarf types. They're cheaper and can hold onto the ball.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's a fact that Goff was having headset issues, he had to finally use the back up QBs helmet to hear what McVay was saying.

Ummmm ok you didn't answer the question.

If he did in fact have a real issue with the headset the other team also has to turn their headsets off. I think it may have more to do with a ruckus crowd and inexperience. Look at Brady playing in arguably the loudest stadium in the league. He didn't have issues because he and NE were prepared. Brady's experience allows him to get to the line in plenty of time, see what the D is doing and change the play if necessary.

So again what did any of this have to do with posting 1st qtr stats?

Do you have a link to where he actually used the back ups helmet?

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm ok you didn't answer the question.

If he did in fact have a real issue with the headset the other team also has to turn their headsets off. I think it may have more to do with a ruckus crowd and inexperience. Look at Brady playing in arguably the loudest stadium in the league. He didn't have issues because he and NE were prepared. Brady's experience allows him to get to the line in plenty of time, see what the D is doing and change the play if necessary.

So again what did any of this have to do with posting 1st qtr stats?

Do you have a link to where he actually used the back ups helmet?

Ok, comparing Brady to a guy in his third season is a good comparison. That is all new for Goff, which is pretty damn impressive for being the youngest qb to ever win his conference beating the Saints in their house where Brees never lost a home playoff game

I just posted a tweet about Goff's play improved as the game went on. That is point of the tweet, I'm sure you can find a tweet with his first quarter stats where he was having headset issues.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, comparing Brady to a guy in his third season is a good comparison. That is all new for Goff, which is pretty damn impressive for being the youngest qb to ever win his conference beating the Saints in their house where Brees never lost a home playoff game

I just posted a tweet about Goff's play improved as the game went on. That is point of the tweet, I'm sure you can find a tweet with his first quarter stats where he was having headset issues.

I said it was due to experience. So the comparison is fitting. It's not as if I said Goff sucked or will never have the experience.

From Ben Maller (who is that anyway) the tweet you posted about Goff. Goff after the first quarter was 22/28, 292 yards (10.4 y/a) 122.0 QB rating.

From ESPN Stat the final numbers I posted.

Doesn't look like to me his play improved or the tweet you linked is way off?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Call me a skeptic but a beat writer for the Rams claimed this? I'm not saying he's wrong but I am skeptical. I'll go back and watch the first few series to see for myself. Those helmets are custom fitted so I find it hard to believe he just put on the back-ups and all was well especially considering his first qtr stats. Maybe he should wear it in two weeks?

Again if there was a true issue they should've notified the official and both teams would need to disable their comms until it was fixed. Sounds like it was a Rams problem not an NFL comms problem. So for that and not notifying the officials just chalk that up to another lack of experience on both him and the coaches. I can see the lack of experience costing them the SB.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His first quarter stats were 3 completions on 5 attempts for 12 yards and a interception

So that gentleman's tweet was wrong by a little, because Goff went 22/35 for 285 yards and a TD after the first quarter

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me a skeptic but a beat writer for the Rams claimed this? I'm not saying he's wrong but I am skeptical. I'll go back and watch the first few series to see for myself. Those helmets are custom fitted so I find it hard to believe he just put on the back-ups and all was well especially considering his first qtr stats. Maybe he should wear it in two weeks?

Again if there was a true issue they should've notified the official and both teams would need to disable their comms until it was fixed. Sounds like it was a Rams problem not an NFL comms problem. So for that and not notifying the officials just chalk that up to another lack of experience on both him and the coaches. I can see the lack of experience costing them the SB.

Because of malfunction, Jared Goff had to use Sean Mannion's helmet early in NFC title game

As was previously stated, he only wore it a few series, thenn went back to his helmet. This should no longer be an issue in the future

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of malfunction, Jared Goff had to use Sean Mannion's helmet early in NFC title game

As was previously stated, he only wore it a few series, thenn went back to his helmet. This should no longer be an issue in the future

I just watched their first series and didn't see an issue. He never once went to his helmet and pointing or doing any gestures that would indicate a problem.

Waiting on the 2nd series now.

Like I mentioned it still appears lack of experience was/is an issue. McVay may want to change his tactic of talking all the way up to the 15 second mark.

OK so they just showed the equipment guy working on his helmet. They were going to turn up the volume. The commentator on the side line said it was corrected before the 2nd series.

More to follow

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just watched their first series and didn't see an issue. He never once went to his helmet and pointing or doing any gestures that would indicate a problem.

Waiting on the 2nd series now.

Like I mentioned it still appears lack of experience was/is an issue. McVay may want to change his tactic of talking all the way up to the 15 second mark.

OK so they just showed the equipment guy working on his helmet. They were going to turn up the volume. The commentator on the side line said it was corrected before the 2nd series.

More to follow

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His first quarter stats were 3 completions on 5 attempts for 12 yards and a interception

So that gentleman's tweet was wrong by a little, because Goff went 22/35 for 285 yards and a TD after the first quarter

I do have to give the Rams D credit. With the T/O in their own end and the Saints just marching up and down the field they held them to just 6 points before the bonehead encroachment call on Rokers that gave Brees a new set of downs from the 5.

They could've been way behind had they not held them to those two FGs.

OK 3rd seires for Goff with 1:35 left in the 1st. I'm not saying he was having a difficult time hearing but not sure it was a "malfunction"?

He and Mannion do wear what appears to be the same face mask so that could help the argument. They do wear different chin straps at least by this pic of Mannion I could find. Which could easily be replaced/changed on the sideline.

4th series after the fake punt. No mention of different helmets. Just the normal cover the earpieces so he can hear in that hostile environment. It's now into the 2nd qtr. So like I said I have my doubts. But whatever. I can't wait for 3 February.

th