• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Blackhole World Championship LoLions @ Da Last Place Bears

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Muhlbach.

Surprising because we had the surefire heir apparent in Jimmy Landes. The way he snapped that perfect spiral was surely worth a 5th rounder. Mulbach must have incriminating pics of Quinn.
Landes snap to spiral ratio was elite coming out of college.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlovsky's will live on in infamy because of the 0-16 season.

He may be but that 0-16 season lied squarely on the defense.
I couldn't believe how bad they were.
All I remember is that no QB had to pass at all.
90% of the time, they could hand the ball off to the RB and no matter who it was, they got 5-8 yards (or more).
That was when Marinelli was trying the old "Small players but fast players" defense and they got manhandled by every o-line in the league.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be but that 0-16 season lied squarely on the defense.
I disagree. I still believe the Fire Millen Campaign and Marinelli trying to be a peace maker for the front office and got rolled over by fan base and media is what got WCF knickers in a knot. WCF and Millen were still friends afterwards.

I couldn't believe how bad they were.
Agreed, but for what was going on at the time, I believe they played for Marinelli, not Detroit. Kitna was placed on IR for a minor back injury, or should I say Kitna expected to return.

That was when Marinelli was trying the old "Small players but fast players" defense and they got manhandled by every o-line in the league.
Week 5 Lions vs Vikings... Lions defense did pretty good against Gus Frerotte and company until two forth quarter blatant calls (lost one under booth review) and a non catchable ball for a DPI for a 42 yard gain setting the Vikings up 1st and 10 in Lions territory. Lions 10 - Vikings 9/Officials 3. From week 6 onward it was all down hill with the attacks on Joe Barry, Rod Marinelli and Marinelli's daughter (married to Joe Barry).

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 5 Lions vs Vikings... Lions defense did pretty good against Gus Frerotte and company until two forth quarter blatant calls (lost one under booth review) and a non catchable ball for a DPI for a 42 yard gain setting the Vikings up 1st and 10 in Lions territory. Lions 10 - Vikings 9/Officials 3. From week 6 onward it was all down hill with the attacks on Joe Barry, Rod Marinelli and Marinelli's daughter (married to Joe Barry).

I remember that game. I bet 200 on the Vikings and it's the only game the Lions didn't get blown out in.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif