• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Blackhole World Championship LoLions @ Da Last Place Bears

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I now know why Stafford didn't play today, the NFL scripting had the Lions losing and it would've been another blatant called game to get their outcome they wanted.

The Lowly Lions are back.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Is it me or is it getting a little dusty in here?
Dusting off some Lions past games can do that...

tenor.gif

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthew Stafford (hip, back) is out for Week 10 against the Bears.

Stafford went for an MRI Friday, which revealed fractured bones in his back. The veteran wanted to play through it, but couldn't get the green light from Detroit's medical staff. Sunday's absence will spell the end of Stafford's streak of 136 consecutive regular-season starts, the sixth-longest run by an NFL quarterback. With Stafford unavailable, the Lions will turn to ex-Bengal Jeff Driskel Sunday in the Windy City. Driskel made a handful of starts for the Bengals a year ago but obviously won't be a recommended streaming option in a tough road matchup. Stafford's absence lowers ceilings for all Lions pass-catchers including mainstays Kenny Golladay and Marvin Jones. Too bad the Lions let Suh go.

- Rotoworld

This is gawd awful news.

I just hope it's not career ending but if it becomes that then he's been this organizations best QB EVER.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they have to spend an early pick on a QB next draft?

I sure as hell hope not, however, Stafford's health and future with his wife and kids is more important than hoping he can return to the Lions.

If Stafford's injury is career threatening then they'll need to dismantle this team of as many of the big contracts that doesn't leave a boatload of dead money.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure as hell hope not, however, Stafford's health and future with his wife and kids is more important than hoping he can return to the Lions.

If Stafford's injury is career threatening then they'll need to dismantle this team of as many of the big contracts that doesn't leave a boatload of dead money.
Fansided said:
Remember early on in his career many people repeatedly called Detroit Lions first overall pick a “China Doll” because he was often injured? Well, he’s been nothing short of an iron man since, in fact, last season he played the final four weeks of the season with broken bones in his back.

Detroit Lions Quarterback Matthew Stafford played with a broken back

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was just as bad as Dan Orlovski running out the back of the end zone in his first start.
Nah. Many a QB have thrown after crossing the line of scrimmage.
No QB in the history of football did what Orlovsky did.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They could rebuild the team around their #1 receiver Kenny Golladay.
Matt Millen's ghost still haunts us.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the first half and part of the 3rd qtr. Defense actually looked decent. Saw some blitzs mixed in. Tackling still left a lot to be desired but they actually put in some effort for the first time since September.

I liked what I saw from Driskel. Nowhere near starter level yet but he showed good pocket presence. His throws had zip on them. He was a little late with them but he can develop into a nice backup. The receivers dropped too many balls. Golladay is getting Ebron like this year. He may have almost as many drops now. The TEs were dropping a lot too. We are down to our last 2 RB. McKissic and Perkins is all that is left. Can we please pick someone up now? No running game whatsoever.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think Driskel was all that bad today. For basically a 3rd stringer with no preseason snaps who walked in cold a few weeks ago, he did ok. Some erratic throws, unfortunately, but was in control, put some drives together, and threw some nice balls.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is Homer Lions fan coming in for his two cents. Driskel was not Orlovsky, Kellen Moore, Charlie Batch, or any other known loser we have ever had. Driskel is at least unknown. He was ok today.

Years ago we knew.the Lions were screwed if Orlovsky had to come in. Today we had no clue. At least that was fun.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is Homer Lions fan coming in for his two cents. Driskel was not Orlovsky,
It's the similarities of a somewhat high powered offenses and the bottom of the barrow defenses.
Years ago we knew.the Lions were screwed if Orlovsky had to come in. Today we had no clue. At least that was fun.
Orlovsky didn't have any starts before his 2008 debut. Driskel had 5 starts last year, 1-4 record, 6 TDs - 2 INTs.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the similarities of a somewhat high powered offenses and the bottom of the barrow defenses.

Orlovsky didn't have any starts before his 2008 debut. Driskel had 5 starts last year, 1-4 record, 6 TDs - 2 INTs.

Orlovsky sucked for several franchises over a decade when Caldwell retained his services...