• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Gen

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyeon Chung Beats Andrey Rublev To Win Inaugural Next Gen ATP Finals Title | ATP World Tour | Tennis

I didn't watch any of it, but pretty interesting only playing to 4 games with 7 pt tie breakers. I have never seen that set up.

Andy Roddick discussed the possibility in a radio interview around 2010.

He said he had seen it on some challenger events.

He said it wasn't as good as it sounded, because as soon as someone was down a break, they'd tank or "conserve energy" until the next set.

Whereas in a normal set that plays to 6 games, if someone is down a break, there's still the chance to come back.

Even down 2 breaks, players have come back before.

Reactions: ill

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the changes the ATP is promoting both to get youth to play tennis, and to make the game more appealing to them.

I can only speak for myself, but I didn't need any gimmicks to get me interested in playing tennis when I was young.

And I didn't need any gimmicks to get me to watch tennis.

Things like video replay, I'm a fan of. Because that improves the game.

But changes to make it more appealing? I don't like how they're thinking.

Only change in recent years I liked was when the Madrid Masters made their court blue. Blue helps make the ball more visible.

Maybe that's why the AO has one of the best court designs.

Unfortunately, too many other players didn't like the feel of the clay, so they went back to red the next year.

Also, with HDTVs, it's easier to watch tennis then it was on SD TVs. But still, I think having a few blue court tournaments would be good.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next Gen is boring tennis.