• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Gen Stats

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank GOD we have next gen stats guys. Oh man. I never, ever would have guessed that when a team is down by two scores in the fourth quarter that their chances of winning the game were really low. Good thing the folks at ESPN and NFL Redzone don't ever shut the fuck up about it.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Falcons fan id say being down 2 scores in the 4th gives you a great shot to win .... but that's just me

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Falcons fan id say being down 2 scores in the 4th gives you a great shot to win .... but that's just me
The Falcons one is actually pretty funny. I kept hearing "OMG guys! The Falcons had a 98% chance to win and still lost! OMG, it happened twice!"

This doesn't really point out a statistical oddity as much as it points out that Next Gen Stats doesn't account for teams that play like shit with a lead in their analysis. Seattle falls in this group too. There's a time and a place for the stuff Next Gen Stats shits out. Generally I think you want to look at large sample sizes. But for one specific game, shut the fuck up about it. It won't necessarily tell you anything.