• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New York Knickerbockers - Utah Jazz Game Thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part time broadcaster Joe Ingles has joined the broadcast.

23 - 15, New York, early 1st.

I'm going to try making homemade orange and pineapple juice. Maybe the pineapple (yellow) helps the Jazz, and maybe the orange (normal New York colors) hurts the Knicks, since New York is wearing blue.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28 all, end of the first. Jazz had a brief lead at the end, before allowing the tie.

Ingles says he "stole a couple of bucks from the Jazz".

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this planned?

During a timeout, one of the in arena hosts tries to wish a happy birthday to a Jazz fan.

A fan wearing a Knicks jersey keeps hogging the camera and steps in front of the host, and pulls out his jersey.

The host keeps saying "excuse me, do you mind"?

The fan does not move, and still keeps hogging the camera.

Finally the host takes the hat from the fan, and ties it to some helium balloons, so they float away.

Until the balloon part, I didn't think it was planned. But then with the balloons tied to the hat, it seems planned.

This also doesn't seem like a really good way, to celebrate the kid's birthday. It becomes more about the joke on the Knicks fan, than the kid's birthday.

Maybe that birthday part was made up too, and the kid is in on the bit, but if so, this whole thing is too manufactured.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
58 - 68, early 3rd.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here the Jazz go again, being the worst team. They gave up a 12-0 run.

70 - 68 now.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After giving up a 22 - 2 run, the Jazz pull it to within 86 - 82.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this planned?

During a timeout, one of the in arena hosts tries to wish a happy birthday to a Jazz fan.

A fan wearing a Knicks jersey keeps hogging the camera and steps in front of the host, and pulls out his jersey.

The host keeps saying "excuse me, do you mind"?

The fan does not move, and still keeps hogging the camera.

Finally the host takes the hat from the fan, and ties it to some helium balloons, so they float away.

Until the balloon part, I didn't think it was planned. But then with the balloons tied to the hat, it seems planned.

This also doesn't seem like a really good way, to celebrate the kid's birthday. It becomes more about the joke on the Knicks fan, than the kid's birthday.

Maybe that birthday part was made up too, and the kid is in on the bit, but if so, this whole thing is too manufactured.
I think the whole thing is made up. They used to do similar things with the bear and have him beat up or embarrass the fan from the other team. But I think that it’s not good for PR given Utah’s recent issues with fans. And whenever you can avoid violence is probably best. But even if it weren’t made up the whole way, I’m sure that kid would remember that birthday and it would probably be a positive. He might just remember the balloon.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here the Jazz go again, being the worst team. They gave up a 12-0 run.

70 - 68 now.

I briefly heard of the radio and they said that this was a game of runs. both teams were going on runs instead of back-and-forth.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole thing is made up. They used to do similar things with the bear and have him beat up or embarrass the fan from the other team. But I think that it’s not good for PR given Utah’s recent issues with fans. And whenever you can avoid violence is probably best. But even if it weren’t made up the whole way, I’m sure that kid would remember that birthday and it would probably be a positive. He might just remember the balloon.
If the kid's birthday is made up too, that is bad. I wonder if they just went up to a kid, and asked him to pretend it was his birthday.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I briefly heard of the radio and they said that this was a game of runs. both teams were going on runs instead of back-and-forth.
I'm glad you heard a bit on the radio.

I'm a huge fan of the radio as a medium, for both music and sports. (Streaming also counts as radio.)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good 4th quarter, convincing 4th quarter.

Only blemish was Mitchell's missed FTs.

Plays of the game were:

* Mitchell getting a rebound over the Knickerbocker's Mitchell Robinson, then passing for a dunk.

* The Knicks missing two FTs and everyone getting Chick-fil-A, in what would end up being a Jazz win.

* Mitchell's windmill dunk.

Whiteside fouled out in the 4th, which was disappointing. He played ok.