• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: New York Geeants vs Los Angeles Rams, Twickenham Stadium, London, England, 10/23/16, 9:30am EST

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams and Geeants in London. Early game at 9:30am EST, 6:30am PST. Ouch. We shall see if the Rams can actually take a step forward than previous years when we started 3-3. Perhaps Keenum will not do something stupid this week so we can come out of this 4-3 rather than 3-4.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last time we played against them, Beckham made a fool out of us. That better not happen this time or its going to be a long game

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum needs to learn how to be captain comeback real quick.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm annoyed its so early in the morn...I usually work until midnight/1am on Saturday nights. Hope I can wake up in time

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm annoyed its so early in the morn...I usually work until midnight/1am on Saturday nights. Hope I can wake up in time

I'm guessing you would be better off not waking up?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last time we played against them, Beckham made a fool out of us. That better not happen this time or its going to be a long game
:shrug:

Screen%20shot%202011-08-07%20at%202.45.31%20AM_0.png

Oh, you mean Junior! :thumb:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What to watch for Sunday: Giants vs. Rams in London

LONDON -- The Rams and Giants arrived in London this week looking for direction, like so many other wandering American tourists. At 3-3, both teams are stuck square in the fat middle of the NFL among other squads trying to reclaim the identities they expected to inhabit before the season.

The Rams expected to be carried by their defense, yet injuries and a thin secondary have conspired to shake their foundation to the core -- they've given up more than 30 points in back-to-back games.

"That's not us. That's not a Gregg Williams defense," Rams cornerback E.J. Gaines said this week.

The Giants' spending spree on defense has mostly paid off, but Eli Manning and the team's up-tempo offense has been stuck in neutral for much of the season. They are hopeful last week's late explosion against the Ravens kickstarts their season. The Giants arrived in London on Friday, four days after the Rams. Odell Beckham admitted he was "exhausted" and the team didn't receive the jolly welcome typically reserved for International Series teams.

Coach Ben McAdoo spent nearly every second of his news conference dealing with the fallout from leaving kicker Josh Brown home after new information surfaced about his domestic violence arrest.

The game provides a chance for both teams to reset. They were each two games above .500 early this season, but the losing team in this first NFL game at Twickenham Stadium will have a losing record entering the bye week.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-previews/0ap3000000724259/Week-7-
Week 7 Game Preview: Giants vs. Rams

Here's what to watch for:

1. Robert Quinn's return: Aaron Donald has done his best to destroy double and triple teams over the last three weeks, but it has clearly impacted a Rams defense that has also been without defensive tackle Michael Brockers.

"The attention goes to Aaron," coach Jeff Fisher said this week about the impact of Quinn's absence. "I guess that's most obviously stated. It goes right to Aaron. They feel like they can win the one-on-ones outside. ... But basically, when he is on the edge, the fire power on the edge is going to require help, so that takes one more person offensively out of the routes of distribution."

Quinn's return is especially noteworthy because the Giants' tackles, Ereck Flowers and Bobby Hart, are liabilities. That has led to Eli Manning often expecting hits before they arrive and giving up on plays. He could be feeling pressure from a few directions in this game.

2. Aaron Donald vs. Justin Pugh: Donald expressed confidence to NFL.com about his matchup with Pugh, the Giants' right guard. Pugh is a familiar foe from their days together facing off in the Big East. Donald noted Pugh's short arms and remembered hearing a lot of trash talk during their college days. Donald might finally get single blocked in this game, which could lead to a big performance.

"I've just been getting a lot of attention," Donald said. "Lot of double teams, a lot of slide protection. It's going to come. I haven't had that big game yet this year with three or four sacks but it's going to come."

The Rams will need pressure up front because the matchups in the back end are not favorable.

3. Odell Beckham and friends vs. the Rams' secondary: Cornerback Trumaine Johnson's high ankle sprain has directly led to the team's defensive implosion. The front seven mostly played well, but cornerbacks Troy Hill and E.J. Gaines have had trouble containing opposing wideouts.

Eli Manning noted that Rams defensive coordinator Gregg Williams tries to confuse opposing quarterbacks, and he expects to see a variety of defensive looks Sunday.

The Rams, however, miss safety Rodney McLeod, who signed a big contract with Philadelphia. The Rams have too many players that just want to deliver a big hit and not enough who know how to prevent big plays.

Fisher made it clear he intends to focus plenty of attention to Beckham, which should give rookie Sterling Shepard and Victor Cruz favorable matchups. It's rare to hear an opposing coach openly admit his team is at a matchup disadvantage, but that's what we heard from Fisher this week. Perhaps the Rams will try other ways to get Beckham off his game.

4. Beckham sideline brawl, take 2?

The last time these two teams played, Beckham was at the center of a fracas on the Giants' sideline that was inspired by some late hits by the Rams. Beckham said that the Rams play a "chippy" style, but he loves the way they play. He also said he'll be prepared for potential late hits.

"You gotta protect yourself," Beckham said. "Stay ready so you don't have to get ready."

While the Rams tried to stay away from touching the issue this week, two of their most emotional players -- safety T.J. McDonald and linebacker Alec Ogletree -- were at the center of the conflict last time around. It's safe to say they haven't forgotten what happened.

5. Case Keenum fighting for his job?

NFL Network Steve Wyche's reported that No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff will soon get more reps at practice after making significant strides in practice since Week 1. That puts a shorter leash on Case Keenum, even though he's coming off a career best game. With the bye week coming up, we wouldn't be totally stunned if the Rams made a change at quarterback if Keenum faceplanted Sunday. That possibility is in play because of the talent on the Giants' defense.

Ultimately, these are two teams squarely in the soft middle of the NFL. No result would surprise, but the Giants have more overall firepower on each side of the ball. Barring a truly dominant performance by Donald and Quinn, we give New York the edge.

Wyche: Goff to get more reps in practice

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after dropping the last two because of shitty coaching and stupid qb play... i really can see the 3-7 writing on the wall and being knocked out of playoff contention by week 9.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time we played in London we got demolished. We need to redeem ourselves across the pond.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any truth to the rumor that our kicking net will be covering Beckham on Sunday? :lol:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LONDON -- Odell Beckham didn't need to be reminded what happened the last time he faced the Rams.

Before NFL.com could even get out a question regarding whether Beckham expected any late hits from the Rams Sunday at Twickenham Stadium, the third-year Giants receiver started shaking his head yes and jumped in.

"You protect yourself at all times. I think that comes down to everybody in the game of football, refs, the NFL, everyone has to understand what's at stake," Beckham said.

Way back in 2014, Beckham was a rookie and the Rams played in St. Louis. While the Rams downplayed any efforts to get into Beckham's head, we'll keep a close eye Sunday on safety T.J. McDonald and linebacker Alec Ogletree. McDonald was whistled for taunting the last time against New York, repeatedly getting in Beckham's face after plays. Ogletree is the one that hit Beckham late, setting off a sideline melee that resulted in three players getting ejected.

"You don't need stuff like that to happen like what happened last time. You do expect it," Beckham said. "I always say stay ready so you don't have to get ready.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I got me my tea, eggs, franks and beans!

I'm ready!

Fumble

Rams Ball under review!