• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NEW YORK....eerr New Jersey?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panning back to last June, my beautiful daughters who live in NYC, bought us tickets to the Jets and Broncos match-up. It was my Father's Day gift. That day is almost upon us, as my wife and I head to NY tomorrow! Great seats and my oldest daughter just informed me that she got us field passes for the intros and national anthem!

The only rub is that they encourage you to wear Jets gear and no other team colors are allowed on the field! It says that we may be denied access if we don't meet their rules. We're going to wear sweatshirts on the field and then strip them off to show our Broncos colors when we get in the stands!

Can't wait. Now we just need the Broncos to show up.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have great fun!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panning back to last June, my beautiful daughters who live in NYC, bought us tickets to the Jets and Broncos match-up. It was my Father's Day gift. That day is almost upon us, as my wife and I head to NY tomorrow! Great seats and my oldest daughter just informed me that she got us field passes for the intros and national anthem!

The only rub is that they encourage you to wear Jets gear and no other team colors are allowed on the field! It says that we may be denied access if we don't meet their rules. We're going to wear sweatshirts on the field and then strip them off to show our Broncos colors when we get in the stands!

Can't wait. Now we just need the Broncos to show up.

Enjoy. Jets fans are a colorful bunch...

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy the game MH64

Have you ever been to to NJ ?? .. there are parts of NJ that are breathtakingly beautiful - unfortunately, that short drive from NYC to Met Life Stadium is not one of 'em lol

And you might wanna save those Jets sweatshirts to wear on the walk back thru the parking lot - I dont know which is worse -- walking to your car if the Broncos win, or, if they lose .....

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy the game MH64

Have you ever been to to NJ ?? .. there are parts of NJ that are breathtakingly beautiful - unfortunately, that short drive from NYC to Met Life Stadium is not one of 'em lol

And you might wanna save those Jets sweatshirts to wear on the walk back thru the parking lot - I dont know which is worse -- walking to your car if the Broncos win, or, if they lose .....

Yep, I've been there since both of my daughters moved to the city. You describe Jersey to a "T". Yeah, there will be six of us in Broncos gear. Strength in numbers you know...

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although this shit show of a game is over, I thought I'd report on the live experience:

I hate the Jets and I'm not a huge fan of NYC in general but it was awesome to spend 4 days with my wife, my daughters (and their boyfriends). We spent about 4 hours tailgating with lifelong Jets fans and they were really great to us. Good food, lots of drinks and fun talking football with those East Coasters! I was super impressed with how many Broncos fans were out there whooping it up pre-game and showing their colors!

My oldest daughter managed to get us field passes for some pre-game stuff and the national anthem. It was beyond cool and something that I've always wanted to experience. I was standing on the field watching Hamilton and Sutton play catch. They were four feet away from me. Pretty awesome. Standing on the field gives you some awesome perspective on how the stadium rises up in the air around you. It's such a big stage.

We had great seats in the end zone (12 rows up) and it was pretty awesome being in a different environment outside of Mile High. The Jets fans are a colorful bunch but for the most part, they didn't give us any problems as we were in our Broncos gear (after the on field experience, since nothing but Jets gear was allowed). One lady behind me spilled her entire beer on my head, back and everywhere else (accidentally). She felt so bad and apologized profusely. Actually felt bad for her. Upon returning to my seat after halftime, there was a fresh beer at my seat that she bought me as an apology.

The game sucked. Period. End of that part of the story. Glad to be back in Denver. Pics below and yes....now you all know what MileHigh64 looks like. Go easy on me.

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1596 2.jpg

GO BRONCOS!!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. What a great experience. Funny my friends who live near SVE also went to NYC for fall break and attended the Jets game. I think they also caught a Knicks game.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad you had a positive experience going to the game. Too bad it wasn't a better Broncos effort, but that is a roll of the dice any game you go to.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a beautiful family Mile High - thanks for sharing.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What great pics MH64 - you and your fam look great and wear the Bronco colors proud

Happy to hear that you were treated well and that the Jets fans were hospitable ..

What more could you have asked for ??

( ... well, maybe for the Broncos to have shown up )

Thanks for posting this !!

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to add: I've never tailgated before where fans were grilling clams all over the place. That was pretty awesome!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great experience, being on the field. Glad you got to join the club! :)

Great pictures, just wish we'd have had a better outcome.