• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Startup League

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was apart of a league 3 years ago then again 2 years ago where it was a salary based league. There are 12 owners, 10 depending on interest, and you draft 2 MLB teams as well as 2 farm systems (do not have to be both the farm and major club). So it is a 4 round draft essentially. Then from those teams you select players based on their salaries. So let's say someone drafts the St. Louis Cardinals. You do not have to keep Matt Holiday and his giant salary or Adam Wainwright and his giant salary. You can select players such as Kolten Wong and his rookie salary and Stephen Piscotty with his rookie salary to remain low on salary. Every player that is not kept from the draft, is then thrown into free agency which is done in an auction manner.

This is purely idea based right now. I have nothing set up, and it's honestly a difficult league with lots of time spent on it. I loved it, but the league fell apart when the guy running it got busy with life (can't blame him there). I am not the best with excel or any spreadsheet type thing so if anyone is interested and good with any spreadsheet program, you are more than welcome to help me there.

If there is some interest shown on this board, I will create the proboards page and give more details. Or if you have any questions, feel free to ask on here and I will answer. I've got an entire proboards page from the league that I was apart of with all of the rules that seemed to work out very well for everyone.