• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: New Orleans @ Carolina 8:15pm ET on ESPN

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting this in early since I got ripped by @bksballer89 for not starting the Sunday game day thread......when I was visiting my dad this past weekend.

Expecting a good game. I hope.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with all of the ridiculous upsets the last couple of weeks, i guess i'll take the Panthers by 7 ....

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not ready for this

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all shit Cam was talking, he better ball out

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what the outcome of the rest of the season, Ron Rivera needs to be on the hot seat. Yes, he's made the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years, but he's only made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs once and he's NEVER had back to back winning seasons. At some point, Carolina needs to look at Rivera and wonder if he's really worth keeping around. These last 3 seasons have only proved that 2015 was an absolute fluke of a season for the Panthers.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what the outcome of the rest of the season, Ron Rivera needs to be on the hot seat. Yes, he's made the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years, but he's only made it past the 2nd round of the playoffs once and he's NEVER had back to back winning seasons. At some point, Carolina needs to look at Rivera and wonder if he's really worth keeping around. These last 3 seasons have only proved that 2015 was an absolute fluke of a season for the Panthers.

This is true. I think Rivera is a great guy but I'm not sold on his coaching ability. He's too much of a gambler sometimes. The Panthers over the past 3 or 4 seasons kind of remind me of those Charger teams in the mid 2000's. They both had/have a pretty good pool of talented players but just never seen able to win the big one. That has to fall on the coach at some point doesn't it?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. I think Rivera is a great guy but I'm not sold on his coaching ability. He's too much of a gambler sometimes. The Panthers over the past 3 or 4 seasons kind of remind me of those Charger teams in the mid 2000's. They both had/have a pretty good pool of talented players but just never seen able to win the big one. That has to fall on the coach at some point doesn't it?

Definitely. Great guy, very personable, but there's always a point where business needs to be separated and I think the time for Rivera is overdue. The way Carolina collapsed this year, that's 100% on coaching. Starting 6-2, but then you have 1 bad game and that turns into a 5 game losing streak and nothing major has been done aside form letting go of the defensive coaches? This offense isn't very good either and Cam Newton is VERY hot and cold lately. Yeah, he's more accurate than he's ever been (statistically), but he's still throwing too many INTs and he's still overthrowing guys, especially in the end zone.

In their 5 game losing streak, the offense is averaging 20.8 PPG. How do you expect to win by only being able to score 20 points a game? Norv Turner looked like a genius in the beginning of the season but now it just looks like people figured out his playcalling halfway through the season and now they are behind the 8 ball against EVERYONE they play.

If Richardson was still the owner, Rivera would be okay. But Tepper isn't going to be that easy to please. First season as owner, he's gonna want to show Carolina that he wants to win and win now.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Richardson was still the owner, Rivera would be okay. But Tepper isn't going to be that easy to please. First season as owner, he's gonna want to show Carolina that he wants to win and win now.

This is why I think he's gone at the end of the year. New owner needs to put his stamp on the team, but you don't come in and do it all immediately. This losing streak is just making it easier to cut ties.

I have liked Rivera, even the "Riverboat" persona, but it's time for a change. If they had won that Superbowl maybe he gets more time, but nah

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina has been the weirdest team this year. Before that blow-out in Pittsburgh, people were talking about them challenging the Saints in the division and even possibly the conf for a SB run. I think Rivera will get a ton of heat for the Lions game. I don't think it was terrible to go for it but that game will haunt them nonetheless. The call on the field by Turner and the fact that Cam made a horrible throw seems to get swept under the rug and Rivera gets all the heat. I keep hearing on TV about some shoulder issue with Cam. I don't know how much that has to do with things but if it's true, maybe Norv has to get some easier plays in there. The defense giving up a lot of big plays is a huge question mark for this team. They just appear to be extremely average.

Having said that, they might just be pissed off enough about last years sweep at the hands of the Saints to go out and play their asses off tonight. maybe they salvage a .500 season but fuck that would be a huge letdown after the 6-2 start.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe they salvage a .500 season but fuck that would be a huge letdown after the 6-2 start.

Yep. not making the playoffs after sitting at 6-2, that means heads are gonna roll.

New Orleans really needs this win tonight. They might not need the one in week 17 but right now they can't let up. Carolina might come out with some pride, but I get the feeling they've already given up. If they get behind by a couple scores early I think it'll wind up like that Pittsburgh game.

When that game happened, I was going, "Oh, it's just one of those games where nothing goes right for you, and everything goes right for the other team..no way Carolina is this bad or Pittsburgh is this good!"

Genius, Hu... :L

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Ron Rivera and Todd Bowles in a cagematch to be the 2019 Chiefs DC right now.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all shit Cam was talking, he better ball out
I personally cannot stand Newton - my least favorite player in the entire NFL. I'm pulling for the Panthers tonite, but only to keep my Bears ultra-slim chances of a 1st round bye alive, but I hope if they pull this one out, it's due to their defense, special teams, McCaffrey.....ANYBODY but that arrogant prick QB.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump.

giphy.gif

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s the over / under for level of faggoty of the Genesis halftime show?

I hope their plant explodes and all their cars burn. Recall their marketing team to the gulag.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy so far.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ertz' crappy game cost me my 1st round FF matchup.

Playing for 3rd place.