• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

new offer

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Owners to the players today. Full season starting the 2nd. 50/50 split ufa is at age 28 or 8 years of service. Also the hide a player in the ahl is out. What will the rags do?

I'm sure i left out some points but just caight the tajl end on the radio. It's a good start point

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not definite yet, NHLPA meets at 5 to discuss. I think there is still some work to be done but it's a good start. Apparently if it does get accepted (which I'm not optimistic about), they would add extra games each week for the first 5 or 6 weeks to get the full 82 in.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I too will be amazed if they took the offer.

It's a great move by the owners. if the players reject the offer then all the pressure is on the nhlpa thus giving the owners the pr win. And they still get the 50/50 split.

Just funny that everyone knew it would get to 50/50 so we really had to waste the time to get here? Did the players really think they would get 50-51%?

I know there is more to it then just that but I believe that and no rollback are huge

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owners to the players today. Full season starting the 2nd. 50/50 split ufa is at age 28 or 8 years of service. Also the hide a player in the ahl is out. What will the rags do?

I'm sure i left out some points but just caight the tajl end on the radio. It's a good start point

Havent seen anything on this. I assume 1 way players who are waived still count against the cap?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too will be amazed if they took the offer.

It's a great move by the owners. if the players reject the offer then all the pressure is on the nhlpa thus giving the owners the pr win. And they still get the 50/50 split.

Just funny that everyone knew it would get to 50/50 so we really had to waste the time to get here? Did the players really think they would get 50-51%?

I know there is more to it then just that but I believe that and no rollback are huge

Agreed, negotiations should have started here.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No way PA just accepts this offer as is. They'll make some modifications, and use their quick acceptance as leverage to get a few other things they want, such as higher minimum salaries.

Point is that the NHL and NHLPA, from everything I've read, BOTH really want to start on Nov 2.

It's a great launching point. Even if they don't get a final deal knocked out in the next week, I'm at least hopeful they'll get some games in this year. I guarantee that a lot of the players are fine with this type of deal.