• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New offensive coaching staff

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think we end up with? They fired Helfrich, Oline coach, Tight Ends coach, and special teams coordinator.

I’d like to see someone come in that can call plays on offense. I’d hope Nagy gives up play calling all together, but if not, having the ability to switch when Nagy fails again would be nice. Someone like Shurmur or Garrett would be nice as OC.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scapegoats.

Hiestand is one of the best around. Lack of talent on the line and scheme is what doomed it. Hiestand has gotten results everywhere he's been.

Helfrich gets the noose for Nagy.....which means if Nagy doesn't improve the offense next season he has to get shitcanned. It's his mess. Not sad to see Helfrich go but he wasn't the problem.

I'm confused how ST coach Tabor stays. But I guess Patterson saved his job.

No way Nagy is gonna give up control of the offense anytime soon. Either the Bears will promote from within with someone like Ragone or bring in some obscure coach from somewhere to fill the OC spot. .

Someone like Shurmur or Garrett would be nice as OC.

No thanks and no chance.

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had a sensible head coach, we would make a push for Shurmur and get someone who has success with TE (whoever works at Iowa, that program is a TE-factory) and an O-line coach who actually meshes with whatever the fuck Nagy's trying to do.

But since we don't and have a stubborn egomaniac, we will either promote a yes-man (Ragone, Childress,etc.) and let Nagy continue to shove a square peg into a round hole with his "big-brain" trick plays that fail because our overpaid tackles don't know how (or who) to block half the time.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy is essentially the OC....what would bringing in Shurmur do?

Nagy isn't gonna bring in someone that will clash with what he envisions his offense to be.

He definitely won't bring in someone that could petition behind the scenes to replace him.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scapegoats.

Hiestand is one of the best around. Lack of talent on the line and scheme is what doomed it. Hiestand has gotten results everywhere he's been.

Helfrich gets the noose for Nagy.....which means if Nagy doesn't improve the offense next season he has to get shitcanned. It's his mess. Not sad to see Helfrich go but he wasn't the problem.

No way Nagy is gonna give up control of the offense anytime soon. Either the Bears will promote from within with someone like Ragone or bring in some obscure coach from somewhere to fill the OC spot. .

No thanks and no chance.
Shurmur has been a great OC. Shit head coach though. He’s from the same coaching tree as Nagy. I think he would be great.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shurmur has been a great OC.

When he's running his offense. He wouldn't run his offense under Matt Nagy.

He’s from the same coaching tree as Nagy. I think he would be great.

Same coaching tree but different offensive philosophy.

I think it's unlikely that Nagy would hire someone like Shurmur and unlikely someone like Shurmur would be interested in such a limited job.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he's running his offense. He wouldn't run his offense under Matt Nagy.

Same coaching tree but different offensive philosophy.

I think it's unlikely that Nagy would hire someone like Shurmur and unlikely someone like Shurmur would be interested in such a limited job.
Pace could tell Nagy he isn’t calling plays anymore. His play calling was obviously part of the problem this year.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on today’s press conference..... that doesn’t appear to be happening anytime soon though
I didn’t listen. I just heard the recap. What are you referring to? It sounded like they only talked about Mitch.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bitch move firing your entire staff after the press conference. A press conference where you claimed everything’s good and eveybodies close. Clown show front office

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bitch move firing your entire staff after the press conference. A press conference where you claimed everything’s good and eveybodies close. Clown show front office
Really want me to give you 10 possible reasons why? Or are you just looking for another reason Pace and Nagy should be canned?

I suspect, Pace and Nagy duplicate this years offensive woes, next year, they will be out.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really want me to give you 10 possible reasons why? Or are you just looking for another reason Pace and Nagy should be canned?

I suspect, Pace and Nagy duplicate this years offensive woes, next year, they will be out.
No doubt.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scapegoats.

No thanks and no chance.

I agree. Hiestand gets the benefit of the doubt. His pedigree is unparalleled.

I personally don't know why Leno fell off of a fucking cliff but he did... Whitehair is definitely worth a shit. Daniels will still be a good player, IMO. He's still the youngest guy on the roster.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's really sad that this is the logical expectation... but it's true.

One year ago today we were gearing up for what we thought would be our first playoff run of many under this regime. So much optimism. It's sad... but I don't understand how this offense turns it around with us doubling down on everything for 2020.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The forever blues of a good D and a shitty O.

If you get up early, you win.

If you get behind early, you lose.

Tale of two seasons, with the margin of error quite literally being a score of 7-0 vs. a score of 0-7.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we signed Bill Lazor. The mastermind behind the 2014-15 Dolphins and the 2017-18 Bengals. Our offense will clearly be fixed next year.

Good lord, this offense is fucked next year too. Nagy is a schmuck.

flclfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Nagy hired a glorified clipboard holder to work on Mitch

My wonder is if Pace forced him to do this to fix his fuck-up in drafting Mitch.

Either way, it looks like those two are o the fast-track to the unemployment line

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Nagy hired a glorified clipboard holder to work on Mitch

My wonder is if Pace forced him to do this to fix his fuck-up in drafting Mitch.

Either way, it looks like those two are o the fast-track to the unemployment line
Can’t they just get fired now, so we don’t waste another year with these morons?