• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New look Phanatic

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THE best

fucking Lasorda

what if he had beheaded the Phanatic on live television?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh man I used to read the shit out of ESPN Page 2 back in the day
ESPN.com: Page 2 : The Phanatic speaks
On Tommy Lasorda:
Two things pissed Dave Raymond off -- one, the Dodgers beat the Phillies; two, Tommy was really a Philly guy, but he shed his skin to be Mr. Los Angeles. He had pictures with Frank Sinatra on his wall. Everyone hated that. The Phanatic called him out on that stuff. And Tommy could be phony.

"In 1980, I went to Japan on an All-Star tour after the Phillies won the World Series. One time during pregame, I was standing in the dugout near Tommy -- I wasn't in costume -- and he was talking to Bill Madlock from the Pirates. Tug McGraw was also on the team. He was my closest friend among the players. So Tommy sees Tug and is all, 'Hey! Hey Tug!' Very friendly. Then Tug walks away and Tommy says, 'That little Punch and Judy, he shouldn't be in the majors.'

"He and Madlock go on to make fun of him. They're serious.

"I told Tug about it. The next season, the Phillies are playing Pittsburgh. Madlock comes up. McGraw is relieving. Tug beans him. Madlock is like, 'What the f--- are you doing?' Tug just points. I was like, 'Oh s---, he aimed for his head!' But I knew exactly why it happened …

"After Tommy attacked me [in 1988], the next inning I got on top of the Phillies' dugout. I had the Tommy doll in one hand, a pizza in the other. I'm stuffing his face with pizza, then smacking him. … The next day, I'm getting calls from the L.A. media. Tommy attacked me in the papers! Said I was bad for kids!

"I didn't want to get in a war of words. The next time the Dodgers came in, I sent him a pasta dinner from a favorite place and a note that said, 'I'm sorry.' I went down to see him after the game. I asked him if he got the dinner.

He said, 'Yeah. The sauce was overdone. Anything else?'"

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh man I used to read the shit out of ESPN Page 2 back in the day
ESPN.com: Page 2 : The Phanatic speaks
On Tommy Lasorda:
Two things pissed Dave Raymond off -- one, the Dodgers beat the Phillies; two, Tommy was really a Philly guy, but he shed his skin to be Mr. Los Angeles. He had pictures with Frank Sinatra on his wall. Everyone hated that. The Phanatic called him out on that stuff. And Tommy could be phony.

"In 1980, I went to Japan on an All-Star tour after the Phillies won the World Series. One time during pregame, I was standing in the dugout near Tommy -- I wasn't in costume -- and he was talking to Bill Madlock from the Pirates. Tug McGraw was also on the team. He was my closest friend among the players. So Tommy sees Tug and is all, 'Hey! Hey Tug!' Very friendly. Then Tug walks away and Tommy says, 'That little Punch and Judy, he shouldn't be in the majors.'

"He and Madlock go on to make fun of him. They're serious.

"I told Tug about it. The next season, the Phillies are playing Pittsburgh. Madlock comes up. McGraw is relieving. Tug beans him. Madlock is like, 'What the f--- are you doing?' Tug just points. I was like, 'Oh s---, he aimed for his head!' But I knew exactly why it happened …

"After Tommy attacked me [in 1988], the next inning I got on top of the Phillies' dugout. I had the Tommy doll in one hand, a pizza in the other. I'm stuffing his face with pizza, then smacking him. … The next day, I'm getting calls from the L.A. media. Tommy attacked me in the papers! Said I was bad for kids!

"I didn't want to get in a war of words. The next time the Dodgers came in, I sent him a pasta dinner from a favorite place and a note that said, 'I'm sorry.' I went down to see him after the game. I asked him if he got the dinner.

He said, 'Yeah. The sauce was overdone. Anything else?'"

LOL..fucking Lasorda was just a thin skinned douche. Good manager.....not such a good guy.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fighting over a mascot that has been around awhile. Ridiculous.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine if those people won the lawsuit and the Phanatic became a Dodgers fan? That would cause more outrage than the Betts deal

Well Philadelphia already has one Dodger - Gritty is Justin Turner's twin