• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Jersey Devils Ongoing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had this been the NFL, the league(NHL) would get ripped to pieces by allowing Sid to come back again(after protocol).....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We hang on to Wedgewood which is nice. Who does Parenteau replace?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theoretical lines:

Hall - Henrique - DSP
Camm - Zajac - Palmieri
Boucher - Zacha - Bennett
Fiddler - Josefson - Kalinin

Do we have a revolving door on the 4th line? Does Zacha get another year in the minors? Curious to see how they squeeze Paranteau in. Insurance for when Camm or Bennett inevitably go down?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theoretical lines:

Hall - Henrique - DSP
Camm - Zajac - Palmieri
Boucher - Zacha - Bennett
Fiddler - Josefson - Kalinin

Do we have a revolving door on the 4th line? Does Zacha get another year in the minors? Curious to see how they squeeze Paranteau in. Insurance for when Camm or Bennett inevitably go down?
As if we're not crowded enough!!!

My original 1st line thinking was Hall/Rico/DSP but i read that DSP may not be fast enough for them two lol.... I hope we do ride that lineup out though. Wouldn't want to place all my eggs(Palmieri) in the first.

2nd line seems fair, Camm(til who knows)/Zajac/Palmieri... I like the components for Travis on both wings.

3rd line seems legit possibility if Zacha ain't there then i expect Elias(unless something changed?) I don't see that lineup optimal Boucher TBH but what can we do? Bennett is a mystery to me so idk.

4th line the doggy bag line? JJ will definitely not improve his game here but maybe thats just the case now. More valued at PKs perhaps.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if we're not crowded enough!!!

My original 1st line thinking was Hall/Rico/DSP but i read that DSP may not be fast enough for them two lol.... I hope we do ride that lineup out though. Wouldn't want to place all my eggs(Palmieri) in the first.

2nd line seems fair, Camm(til who knows)/Zajac/Palmieri... I like the components for Travis on both wings.

3rd line seems legit possibility if Zacha ain't there then i expect Elias(unless something changed?) I don't see that lineup optimal Boucher TBH but what can we do? Bennett is a mystery to me so idk.

4th line the doggy bag line? JJ will definitely not improve his game here but maybe thats just the case now. More valued at PKs perhaps.

I believe these are the lines they've been rolling out the last 2 weeks or so in practice but I would anticipate DSP dropping to the 3rd line at some point.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was worried somebody would claim Wedgewood and Shero made a mistake. Ended up nobody grabbed him and we picked up Parenteau.
In Shero we trust?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
pa is definitely going to get top 6 mins. i'd assume he would either be on the top line or the 2nd line bennett on the 3rd and pelly on the 4th.

thats a really good move on paper for the devils since he can still obviously play hopefully he doesn't slack off. at worst? he will be stempniak from last year and can be shipped out for a 2nd round pick come deadline time.

this team has a lot of forward depth "on paper" like pelly/bennett/pa all have the potential to put up 15 goals. hall you know should be good for 30 henrique another 20 say. palm 30. camm 25. zacha is an x factor same with reid.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm just a homer but I don't get all the predictions from "experts" picking us to essentially be a bottom feeder. If (big if), Camm is healthy, we have 4 guys in him, Hall, Henrique and Palms that could combine for 100 goals. If that happens and Cory is Cory we're a playoff team.

Having guys like Boucher, Zajac, Zacha and Parenteau as secondary guys is huge. Our top 9 has a ton of skill and potential.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm just a homer but I don't get all the predictions from "experts" picking us to essentially be a bottom feeder. If (big if), Camm is healthy, we have 4 guys in him, Hall, Henrique and Palms that could combine for 100 goals. If that happens and Cory is Cory we're a playoff team.

Having guys like Boucher, Zajac, Zacha and Parenteau as secondary guys is huge. Our top 9 has a ton of skill and potential.
Makes you wonder if there is truly something in water for us Devils fans afterall....

I think the experts are counting out our defense big time for some reason..... not that the defense is anything to speak highly of ATM but not to a point where it will cause damage IMO.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was worried somebody would claim Wedgewood and Shero made a mistake. Ended up nobody grabbed him and we picked up Parenteau.
In Shero we trust?

Yeah I was def worried the same. I don't like kinkaid as the backup. This is going to be kinkaid at his best a NHL backup. Wedgewood showed signs of being much more last year. Maybe it was a move for the expansion draft? It was a gamble and paid off. Also helped there was cordon on waivers by the Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.